Is marijuana good for diabetes?

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Ignore away - I'm not bothered. Stay happy and hope you keep well. I last had a pint (x1) on saturday, which you may consider bad but, hey? Who gives honestly. I forgive your ignorance if I have 5-6 pints a month I must be a wifebeater. None taken. Be free. I know my limits and am legal. You take your chances and don't get caught, good for you old sock! :) whatever, legal it ain't. Soz to have the nerve to enjoy the odd pint with the old man. I don't see him as often as I should. He drives and is T2 and drinks shandy. I find it sociable to have a meal and a pint with a family gey together. I gave up driving 2 years ago. Much less stressful as I have a decent public travel network.

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
martwolves said:
Ignore away - I'm not bothered. I know enough paranoid drug users that used to be friends. Stay happy and hope you keep well. I last had a pint (x1) on saturday, which you may consider bad but, hey? Who gives honestly. I forgive your ignorance if I have 5-6 pints a month I must be a wifebeater. None taken. Be free. I know my limits and am legal. You take your chances and don't get caught, good for you old sock! :) whatever, legal it ain't. Soz to have the nerve to enjoy the odd pint with the old man. I don't see him as often as I should. He drives and is T2 and drinks shandy. I'll tell him to take cannabis, where he has a safety critical job making car components and cry to you when he gets his rear sued off and you'll stand by that claim and pay 50% as an advocate. Please grow up. You're sounding like a dim dwarf. Not big, or clever. I hope if you have a job, I don't use your products or services, like I wouldn't want a drunk/high/lighter fluid sniffing (legal) bus driver. Food for thought or fueling a long dead topic?
What the **** is up with you?
Why would people go to work whilst drinking alcohol or smoking weed?
If you actually bothered reading the posts you would see I haven't smoked for years and I've also said I don't see how cannabis can be of much help in diabetes.
Your just a grunt looking for trouble and pretending you know something about **** you obviously don't.
The big I am aye?
You pretend you have no interest in the thread but can't stay away.
Met your sort a million times on forums ... just looking for a fight from the safety of your couch.
You could have at least tried to be intelligent by coming into the thread and saying something intelligent about the subject ... show us you actually know something about the subject ... that's how it's supposed to work any way.
There are many intelligent arguments to be had against the free use of cannabis but you obviously don't know what they are.
Goodnight knuckle head I have to go to my bed.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Believe what you want. When I have a PINT it's not on a 'school night'. I'm attempting and failing to put across an alternate view. I see yours and understand it, whilst having my own beliefs. Can't you try to string a couple of sentences together without swearing? Children visit this site too, mate.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
If you read the thread, I did state my own personal experiences. I'm not antagonosing you, apart from responding to your personal hatred in the last post, as it was mainly unwarranted. Knuckleheid? You may think so. I don't necessarily agree. To some extent I can be obstinate. You're right there. I am sorry to have had an alternate experience to your own. I'll reconsider visiting this site. Thank you. I am of no use on here. This thread is the most divisive I've seen and it's on every day. I can't help but comment. Littlewolf for one disagrees and we will never agree on this matter and I thik we both get that and agree to disagree, but I respect she gets it to be fair. At least she is condusive and helpful and informative and is respectful. I respect her dilligence and resourciveness. She is an asset to this place and has a lot of experience which she chooses to share, so while we don't ALWAYS see eye to eye, I have respect in her selflessness. Not JUST her, but many, many informed others. These people also have empathy. This is a great mine of information. Now if someone could only say they have diabetes and warfarin and explain the see-saws with both blood readings... ;) fare ye well.

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just got back out of bed cos it's so hot and stuffy!
Sorry for swearing at you Marty.
Glass of something cold and back to bed to try again.

thebassist84

Think we need to all have a nice cup of tea and calm down. Its not worth it guys! It is a marmite job, but we need to respect each other. We have all had bad experiences with one thing or another, we are all different and should realise that what's not for you might be for someone else and vice versa. I'm not a stoner but don't see what the issue is with it when its taken relatively. However I do know of people who just don't like it and that's fine. But we could say that about anything. Marmite anyone?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
This thread needs locking really. Nothing constructive happening. Too many strong views either way which won't change.

alex_dgarcia

Dislikes
Unkind people, bad odor, diabetes mellitus (hehe), injecting insulin, douche bags
I second the motion, mo1905. I think we've heard necessary opinions already. We should be supporting one another, but the heated debates have led us to a different direction. I just want to thank all of you for sharing your views. I think we've all said enough. :)

LittleWolf

We all are here to have a strong support network, share our ideas and experiences and the ups and downs that come with having diabetes. Sometimes we can all get a little cranky ;3

Mart I really appreciated what you said about myself and others there- I do really try to be informative and helpful but I am also sorry for any times I may have lost my temper or been disrespectful as I am many years your junior. Perhaps the older ones feel less inclined to curb their tongues XD Or it is the heat... Or everybody could do with a lo carb almond flour, dark chocolate ganja brownie and a cup of mint tea.

I stand by my belief that cannabis and industrial hemp are grossly misunderstood and demonised plants for all the wrong reasons; I'm also glad the scientific community, medical field and environmentalists are looking into cannabis, recognising its immense value. Like I said if it were discovered in the Amazon right now it would be hailed as a miracle drug lol I'm lucky to be here because of it, however much I might whine at times x

You are all valued members of this site. Let's keep personal issues and grudges out of here and focus on enriching eachother's lives and sharing the facts. Nice studies, TheBassist!

I really think cannabis is a great alternative therapy to some drugs and alcohol. Perhaps it's not for everyone but I hope to see people able to make informed choices about anything put in their bodies and know the truth about what damage 'safe' and legal drugs do in addition to illegal ones

Or maybe I am the killjoy lightweight; I feel 'wrong' about benzos being use for my oral surgery, have never been drunk and now fear and respect the hallucinogenic effects of nutmeg. Never again. Legal or not it's too much for me XD

We're all friends here and we all use a variety of drugs on a daily basis. Just best to be in the know for all of them x

pickledpepper2

and now fear and respect the hallucinogenic effects of nutmeg.

I've had nutmeg a few times (especially a pinch of the powdered stuff in hot milk and cocoa). I've never experienced any hallucinations?

What am I doing wrong?

LittleWolf

When you start talking about tablespoons it will. Don't try it because the effects last for days and it is not good for your liver...

Definitely sticking to weed. It's proved the opposite of a gateway drug for me. Heh..

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
LittleWolf said:
When you start talking about tablespoons it will. Don't try it because the effects last for days and it is not good for your liver...

Definitely sticking to weed. It's proved the opposite of a gateway drug for me. Heh..

I'm sticking to Mood Aid, which contains 5HTP and St Johns Wort, a combo of B Vits and Ginseng! It's working :lol:

LittleWolf

There are many recipes available online one could mix and match with. There are many sites dedicated to cooking with cannabis actually, but they are unlikely to include lo carb options. I will experiment myself as I am unfamiliar with how almond flour behaves as opposed to regular flour but have about an ounce of broken buds, leaves and stems that could either go into a baked treat or hash.

It is possible to cook sensible, low carb savoury dishes too adding cannabis to sauces or stock. I once cooked bacon in a pyrex dish used to make hash in.

One thing to consider is that the effects last a lot longer and stronger than smoked weed so use minimal amounts, though what is required varies from strain to strain, person to person. It's best to use a therapeutic indica which is less about feeling 'high' and more about reducing pain, inflammation and promoting relaxation. A good idea for those with hypertension as well.

But my attention has turned recently to the effects of RAW cannabis which may not be so 'fun' but could be very helpful for the body

http://www.naturalnews.com/035759_cannabis_juicing_health.html

Perhaps the juicers on the forum should check it out. Better than hi carb bananas lol After all, we all need more green, leafy vegetables lol

If I was growing my own I'd certainly not waste all that leafy stuff. Aside from juicing I'd love to try some paper-making with it. I did book binding as part of my degree using hemp cord. I'd love to learn to make that too.

I wish all the cannabis seized from farms would at least be used for biofuel and textiles rather than just being heaped and burned. Such a waste.

Hey Grace :3 Even St John's Wort has had a bad rap recently. The DEA really don't like anyone using herbal supplements over standard pharmaceuticals :/ I understand there is less data available on the efficacy of the herbal supplements/treatments but people deserve the choice and many have used St John's Wort therapeutically for thousands of years, like cannabis. Ginseng Up is a really popular drink in Trinidad, but best without all the sugar of a soft drink XD Lots of us are B vitamin deficient and get a little down so sounds like a good one to try! Thanks for sharing and glad its making you feel good! <3

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
Thai sticks ??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_stick

I was offered some 'Thai stick' years ago but it was full of seeds. It also was tied up with red string which apparently is a sign that it is real Thai Stick. I didn't buy any as it was rather suspect....

LittleWolf

Thai stick is an often lower THC content strain that is/was often dipped in hash. Thai the strain or family of strains (since there is not such controlled/selective breeding over there) is more like what 'our parents used to smoke'. It's mellow and yes, indica dominant. Usually much cheaper but harder to get a hold of because it isnt as pretty as well manicured 'skunk' and because it has less recreational value.

It's a good one for relaxation, relieving nausea and sleep. My mother specifically asked if I could get more of it as she preferred me smoking it over 'skunk' varieties, so I got 2 ounces on a rare deal and then went away to help my mother with work for 6 weeks. I set it aside with the rest of my weed (I m very good at 'rationing'- I don't binge just because I have alot) and when I came back after the 6 week break of sobriety expecting to roll a well-deserved joint, my dad had gone into my room and thrown it all out along with rearranging the place, having gone through all my underwear, contraceptives, my bed etc I felt /violated/ @_@ The whole point of our trust agreement was that he always knew where my weed was and I was to continue being a good girl, doing all the housework, cooking, going to university and taking care of my brother. No deception or sneaking off >_>

Ok I did say to leave personal stories out of this thread but err... I guess I needed to get that off my chest. I'd saved that weed over a period of 2 years and it was worth a lot of money as well as soothing my inflamed joints.

Sorry about that. I promise we will back to the usual programming. If I see any new studies I will post them. I take the contraceptive pill continually for PCOS and endometriosis and they often give me headaches make dizzy and/or throw up, so I know how well some strains work for nausea... Colds and hayfever too (unless you are specifically allergic to cannabis pollen) Not a good idea to smoke if you have a cough but vaporising weed is as good as any decongestant. It's a very good expectorant so I wouldnt be surprised if someone was trying to make an asthma pump with cannabinoids.

rowan

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This thread needs locking really. Nothing constructive happening. Too many strong views either way which won't change.

I haven't read it all but from what little I have read I'd agree. So the why the heck is Diabetes.co.uk listing this on their page? It's the only way I found it.