How much weight have YOU lost?

Janiept

Expert
Andy12345 said:
well done all, thankyou netty, out of interest does anyone have any problems related to losing a lot of weight? I ask because I cannot sit comfortable any more, or do sit ups or generally move without pain in my tailbone even sitting on a sofa hurts which I assume is because its not covered with fat anymore, just wondered :)

Oh Yes. It hurts a lot and I am seeing the nurse in a couple of weeks for some advice as I am developing sores.
I have tried memory foam, pillows, cushions... you name it. I even have to take a cushion out with me if I am going to be sitting down anywhere.
In the next life I am going to be like J Lo :lol:

Reactions: 2 people

sandysan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
diagnosed sept this year t2, I have lost 3 stone , and that's just low carb , with no intention to diet , but I have acheieved 3 stone weight loss and hab1c is 6.1 whatever that means :)) :thumbup:

Reactions: 4 people

smartie69

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
This thread is for people to share their weight loss triumphs.

Lost a pound? Great! Lost a stone? Awesome!

Share your victories here :thumbup:
I have been watching what i eat and drink, and over the course of a year, i have lost over 3 stones in weight, and must admit i feel a lot better.

Reactions: 3 people
L

Luna21

24 Kg - 3 stone 10 lbs or something like that, and not wanting to lose any more now. It's been hard at times, and I'm still having to be careful, but it's so worth it! Now a size 10 and I have a completely new wardrobe, so feeling pretty chuffed with myself. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
we must collectively be amongst the most knowledgable folks in the world at weight loss, yay us lol

Reactions: 8 people

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
Lost 3st since sep when HBA1c was 91 (14ish) now from 16.5 st to 13.5 and HBA1c down to 35 (6) Reduced carb and exercise. I am very happy, Feel like a new woman, But the wife says NO!!!!:arghh:

Reactions: 6 people

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
22lbs since early September 2013. That's produced some hilarious results - e.g. my old gardening trousers kept falling down while I worked - but also some disconcerting ones, though I can understand why they might be happening: I've felt the cold more at times, recently, and have just gone through a spell where I had less energy and was more sleepy and generally lethargic than I seemed to be before.

I'm not too worried about that, as I'm not sure it's all down to the weight loss. Besides, I've never been a winter-type person - my other three-quarters has always said that in another life I just had to have been a dormouse.

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
Hi Tom I to am feeling the cold more than usual this year, I dont know if it is the T2 or me getting old :)

junnja

Fluctuated over the years. But now lost a total of 8 and a half-stone altogether. Had to have an abdominoplasty to get rid of loose skin.

Type 2 since 1986. Always had management problems. Last hbc1a 6.1. Frequent hypos. Having to adjust insulin does regularly due to easier glucose mangement since weight loss and surgery to remove loose skin.

Reactions: 3 people

m1dpq

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not a great lot.. Jazz, People who think they are better than others..
Well, where do i start!!!

In 1992 i weighed in at 30st, i was at the time Type 2 but witha very low blood sugar level (around the 3 mark on a good day)!!!

I tried all types of diets, some that even would test the will of the most enduring person, but nothing worked, then i just started to read about Slimming World, so finding out about them became my challenge in life, i still didn't go to a class, but instead did it online quietly and the weight started to come off slowly (to quick and you will put it all back on)!!

Eventually the pounds then the stones, started to fall off, i was then 27st, with a 3stone weight loss before i was hospitalised with a virus that put me in bed for 9 months and made my bs go through the roof.. Drs still don't know what caused it to happen and neither do I? (Any ideas)??

So we come round to 2002, eventually joining a Slimming World Group local to myself in Sunderland ( My group was and still is at St. Gabriels church, beside the Sunderland Royal Hospital, and the same consultant (Wendy) and i thoroughly enjoy it every week)..

My weight loss now is huge and still on going, I am now 19st 5lbs (my target set in 2002 was 19st 1.5lbs), i have reached Target but i am out slightly at the moment.. but still working on it..

My type 2 is controlled by Insultard (Green) MR 20 units am & 30 units pm, with my levels being around the 11.1 mark each morning and night ( To some of you this may seem high - but along with other medical conditions) my diabetic nurse and consultant are happy with it and me.. The other medication i take with my insulin is Gliclazide 120mg and Januvia 20mg on a morning, I cannot take Metformin as i am allergic to one of its components..

I did attend a Bariatric Seminar with the option of having a bypass done, but despite being on the list and having lost quite a bit of weight anyway, i have removed myself from it and given the chance to someone who needs it more than i do! At the seminar i felt like "Twiggy" and managed to sit on a single chair, where others 3 chairs were not enough...

Slimming World, is broken down in to Red (meats etc), Green (veg & pasta etc) or Extra Easy (both), and although yes i still eat chocolate and other sweet items, or crisps i am still managing to loose weight.. For me this has been the best thing ever.. I would recommend anyone who is having a weight problem to try it, you could even get the first 12 weeks FREE from your GP or Diabetic Nurse.. What have you got to loose except weight?

So now i am more than 10stone lighter and feel better for it... If i can do it so can YOU ALL!!

Good luck with your weight loss to all..

regards

Peter - M1dpq

Reactions: 10 people

pat-in-durham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By low carbing and moderate exercise, walking mostly, I have gone from 9st 4lb on diagnosis in November 2011 to 7 st (45KG) but it did not put me into remission, a pity!
The new size 8 trousers are nice but I really feel the cold and have to choose my seats carefully.
I am now being seen by the district diabetic Dr & a dietitian instead of my practice DN and being told to put some weight on!! I am eating more protein & fat and a few more carbs but have not put on more than a few ounces in 3 months!!! They seem to think that i am rather obsessive. I just don't want to lose control & get any side effects. This forum has been a great help, Happy New Year to you all, Pat

Dennisparker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost many pounds and that too without dieting. Also, i have joined one of the fitness centers that helped me a lot.

Gadgetman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to see my GP today and he thought he should check my weight, and I have lost 1 stone since September. that was a big
shock as I was in the USA for three weeks and we have had Christmas. So being good with my eating is paying off.
Will have to start a work out soon:eek:

Gadget

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
I reached 16st 2lb in 2010 and had begun to suffer with sleep apnea amongst other things, I decided it was time to take charge and lose some weight. I started off on calorie counting and that year lost 30lbs but after having a short break from the end of December 2010 until January 2011 I found that no matter what I did the weight would not shift anymore. The beginning of 2013 I started with a low carb diet and whilst it has been very slow I am now down to 13st 5lb. It's been a hard struggle and due to being hospitalised a couple of times over the last few weeks I have had to slow it down even more but I am determined to press on... after all at 79 I think this is my last chance to get into a bit better state if nothing else and at least I am feeling much better now too. :)

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
That's good news Foxglove. I find stories from older members of the group very inspiring. Both my parents have passed away so I have no-one olde thn me to set an example that ageing does not mean giving up

Cara

nuttybeaver

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Selfish people
I have lost 7.4kg so far since September & feel fab. Not just losing weight but also enjoying exercise, my hair/skin & nails are alot better too. Can't wait to lose the rest now.

Thanks must go to everyone on here who offers support & advice.

T2, Metformin 850 Mg (1 tablet twice daily), venlafaxine 75mg (1 tablet daily), buscopan 10mg (2 tablets 4 times daily)

supersquealia

This thread is for people to share their weight loss triumphs.

Lost a pound? Great! Lost a stone? Awesome!

Share your victories here :thumbup:
Since being diagonised with Type 2 in December 2012 I have lost 1.5 stone. The way I did it was not to eat anything with sugar in it (or very little sugar). I had a banging headache for three days and now if I eat anything that has too much sugar I get a headache. Also if I eat too much carb I feel sick. It's all about listening to your body. In my family the question is "who hasn't got diabetes". I saw my grandmother ignore advice and what it did to her. I don't want to be like that. Also I follow my doctor's advice. He was the one who spotted it, especially as I went to him for something else. I am just very lucky I have a good doctor.