Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Well done Andrew, well,done indeed

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

suewho

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
spiders,
2 1/2 stone now ideal weight and very fit. blood sugars borderline normal. HB1ac was 66 last August..now 43 and falling. Its do-able if you take it seriously. Good luck

Reactions: 2 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Well I have lost a further 10lbs since my last post but have plateaued for last 2 weeks again. Drives me nuts! Between a 16-18. Want to get into that size 16!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I have lost a further 10lbs since my last post but have plateaued for last 2 weeks again. Drives me nuts! Between a 16-18. Want to get into that size 16!
So near! You can do it Scandichic. You know you can!

You inspire others, be inspired.
Be well.

Pipp

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
So near! You can do it Scandichic. You know you can!

You inspire others, be inspired.
Be well.

Pipp
Thank you pip. I weighed 14 stone 3lbs yesterday but couldn't resist weighing myself. 14 stone 1lb this morning taking my weight loss to 2 stone exactly. Yay! So happy! Am about to d the happy dance!

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you pip. I weighed 14 stone 3lbs yesterday but couldn't resist weighing myself. 14 stone 1lb this morning taking my weight loss to 2 stone exactly. Yay! So happy! Am about to d the happy dance!
That's brilliant Scandi ! So pleased for you, I am looking forward to size 16-18 myself, but am a long way off yet. Still wearing the size 24 jeans, although they are getting looser.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
:rolleyes: Since March 18th when they wanted to put me on Metformin. I have lost 1st 6lbs. Only another 7stone to go.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Since January when diagnosed I have lost 1st. 10lbs and still losing. BMI now 26.78, down from 31.07.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Scandi. You really have persisted.

Just think, in a few pounds time, you'll only have pounds (not stones) to lose. How great is that?

JuanitaWilson

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, although I am fine in my fitness but to maintain this fitness and searched out many blogs and forum for the maintenance of fitness and then I came to a decision that we should eat that type of food which contain less amount of fats and good calories which are perfect for the health which maintain our fitness in this busy life. Thanks

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well just think what a dance you will do when you have lost the next 2lbs. 13st13lbs sounds so much less than 14st1lb.

Alanp35

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cricket, golf
Well done

And well done to all those losing weight and those still working on it.

Late onset T1, several auto immune issues.
Humalogmix25 twice a day, Methotrexate 25mg once per week, FolicAcid 5mg once per week, prednisolone 5mg daily, Allopurinol 300mg, Calcichew-D3 800iu, Levothyroxine 50mcg, Atenolol 50mg, Losarten 100mg, Aspirin 75mg, Nicorandil 20mg, Nitrolingual GTN spray, Metformin 2000mg, Allimemazine 10mg, Lanzoprazole 30mg, Atorvastatin 20mg, Co Codamol 8/500mg, Depo Medrone (Methylprednisolone) or double Prednisolone for 7 days in case of RA flare.

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
8 kg (about 1 and a quarter stone) since the end of March, after snagging on 6 kg for a couple of weeks. That's 40% of my initial target to get to 70 kg and 'normal' BMI. BMI now 28.2.

(from all of that you could work out how tall I am, but frankly I wouldn't bother!).

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
That size 16 dress will be too big soon at the rate your going well done !!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App
Thank you. I have my "diabetes education" at the hospital on 2nd of June so am looking forward to the lecture about eating pasta, rice, potatoes and bread. I'm sure they'll dispute my diet choices, despite the weight loss, the halved bs and the lowered cholestrol. Even when I explain that they send my bs into double figures.

connie104

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have my review next week can't wait to see what my new hab1c will be. I asked my doctor if it's below 6 can I stop taking the Galvus and try diet only after 3 years on Galvus I think I need a rest ! She was not impressed and said I will find you something
else so my plans to be diet controlled don't look likely !

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Connie I have my fingers crossed for you to join the 5 percent club. Stand firm with your doctor and have a proper debate. Try suggesting that you try for a 3 month period and see how it goes. If you are testing you will know pretty soon if things are deteriorating.

sterling

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All in all I am down from 106kg to 77.5kg. I hit a plateau at 85kg for a year. I took the HF in LCHF too literally. Now I have decreased the fat and upward adjusted the carb to 100g a day.

miriamy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Medics who tell you what to do.
Politicians who blame people for being poor and praise bankers for being rich.
TV
Butter Beans
I have my review next week can't wait to see what my new hab1c will be. I asked my doctor if it's below 6 can I stop taking the Galvus and try diet only after 3 years on Galvus I think I need a rest ! She was not impressed and said I will find you something
else so my plans to be diet controlled don't look likely !

To be diet controlled is a good goal. I am trying to avoid taking drugs. Not doing well on controlling my diet and exercise so far. But managing to stay on the wagon for 3 weeks so far......