I am SO sick of peoples attitude towards people who claim any type of benefit.

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
you know what, this government has succeeded in making life hell for thous who claim. the ignorant, the stupid, the uninformed, the SHEEP who swallow all the crude this government spit's out about people who claim ANY type of benefit.

try researching, try NOT believing everything you here in the press and TV. it's called propaganda for a reason. there are NOT a high number who claim falsely. there are not enough jobs to go around (especially in rural areas)

I am SICK to the back teeth of being looked down on and being judged for something I was born with and have no control over. I tell you what you want to fix it, go ahead, be my guest.

STOP BEING JUDGE, JURY AND EXACUISHNER. STOP telling people your not looking hard enough, your scum, your attitude sucks, your just being pathetic, your problems are your own fault. bleah,bleah,bleah.

So your one of the lucky ones, congrats it doesn't mean you know anything about what it's like to be on JSA, ESA, any other type of benefit. you have no idea what it feels like to live in fear of the brown envelope, to panic because you know if you dont jump thru the hoops you will be left alone, hungry, with no electricity and possibly homeless.

My brother has been sancened for being late to three appoints the last six months, each time he has had to get written proof fromt he bus companies to state that it wasn't his fault, the bus had broken down (we live in the country, it happens ALLOT) he make it a point to go in an hour early. he's still been sanscend thou because he was late, he phoned in, explained, IT DIDN'T MATTER TO THEM.

I myself have to jump hoops, I have to prove yearly that my Epilepsy and other issue haven't suddenly gone away. my problems are long term.

I'm in Uni, i'm doing a degree in the hoops that I'll be able to work from home by contracting out to different companies. I have a plan, yet this government is doing it's **** best to screw me over.

stop being ignorant and go find some actual facts, not the crude the government and newspapers and TV stations spit out because most if it utter crude!

I'm sorry for ranting, I'm not sorry for the content. I was spat on the other day because of these attitudes and I have had it. enough is enough.

tizzy

Two of my family members are on disability benefits the fight we had to help them I really do not understand how people get them if not needed I am so sorry you were treated so badly but you are rising above it you have a plan stick with it hope you realise your dreams good luck

Reactions: 2 people

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots, bullies,politicians, David Cameron, Nick Clegg, Ian Duncan smith, racist, homophobes, people unwilling to learn, to tolerate, to listen and in turn be listened too. animal abuser's and people who just don't think about what they say and how it can or could affect the people around them.
I would also like to add that people have NO idea how **** near impossible It is to navigate the system, I don't see how it's possible to fraud the system to be frank. People on JSA have to work **** hard to find a job, not a bad thing I know but it's hard when you don't have the right qualifications or a drivers licence or any of the tools that would help you.
I have to get help from the CAB, I'm not stupid, dyslexic yes but by no means mentally impared! I find it impossible to fill out the forms without help and the reforms are suppose to help people like me, make it easy to get the help I need, it's a shame! A total and utter load of monkey nuts sprinkled with government propergander slim!

It's hard, it's stupid and people are dying because of this crude and attitude people have. No, I'm not being dramatic this is FACT, the story's are there if you look but most people won't bother to be frank and I'm tired of it!

So I advise you check your attitude or not say anything g unless your going to be helpful because we don't need to be made to feel like utter scum and worthless, we get enough of that crude from the government thank you!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Two of my family members are on disability benefits the fight we had to help them I really do not understand how people get them if not needed I am so sorry you were treated so badly but you are rising above it you have a plan stick with it hope you realise your dreams good luck

Thank you :) I finally got the courage to try and it all goes south, it's hard enough without being made to feel like a fraud and worthless, people have no idea what damage they are doing. ****** this government I can't wait to vote them out of power!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Feel for you all the way Captain Pixie. I have commented before on the cuts to benefits that are currently happening all over the place. We have turned into a society where there is no support, help or consideration for people who truly need and deserve it. The stories of those people who are quite clearly very ill and are made to work, parents who are asked to pay bedroom tax as soon as their child dies makes my bold boil too. We need things and attitudes to change fast but I'm not sure how.

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Feel for you all the way Captain Pixie. I have commented before on the cuts to benefits that are currently happening all over the place. We have turned into a society where there is no support, help or consideration for people who truly need and deserve it. The stories of those people who are quite clearly very ill and are made to work, parents who are asked to pay bedroom tax as soon as their child dies makes my bold boil too. We need things and attitudes to change fast but I'm not sure how.

information is key, getting it out there not so much. re-educating people and there options is a good way to go about it.

I honestly wish I could put every muppet and numpty threw the process and see what they say about it afterwords. let them go it alone and understand what we go threw.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
If your doing a degree I suggest using the spell checker facility on your word processing package and as an add on to your browser.

No criticism intended just a little advice. People pay more attention to well written pieces.

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Spell checkers are not much use to Dyslexics (both my daughters are dyslexic) as they only tell you words that are spelt incorrectly. Threw is spelt correctly, it is just in the wrong context here.

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
If your doing a degree I suggest using the spell checker facility on your word processing package and as an add on to your browser.

No criticism intended just a little advice. People pay more attention to well written pieces.

like the lady below stated. being dyslexic, it isn't that easy. I always use a spell checker but I don't always get it right, since I mentioned i was dyslexic, that should have been a bit of a give away.

I get great support from my Uni and I have a support tutor to help me with my coursework as well as speech and word programs to help.

Sadly I don't use them for everyday things like internet posting because it takes time to set them up and use them with the internet. they are for course work and thats what they are used for.

Do you think you're the first person to point this out to me. after 30 years you kind of get sick of it. i get help, my work is excellent, my grads are the second highest in my class and I manage this along with a butt ton of medical problems as well.

I think I'm doing **** well, a few spellings errors on the internet are NOT going to make me fail my course!

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We have turned into a society where there is no support, help or consideration for people who truly need and deserve it.

It's not that but if the media run programmes like Benefit Cheats and Jeremy Kyle and if the media write headlines like Scroungers and if programmes like Wife Swap go around swapping a hard working couple with a couple on benefits, a mind set is created.

But, if one appeals directly to the same public, as often happens with charities, or disaster or any of the annual events, fun runs etc, the very same people are mostly well meaning and often generous.

Do not be swayed by the media or by politicians without understanding their motivations.

And faith unfaithful kept him falsely true.
(Tennyson's Idylls of the King)

captainpixie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The concept of our benefits system is a great thing - it is socially responsible to ensure that those in need have a basic standard of living and we should be proud of that - nobody shoud be made to feel ashamed about needing help. However, the benefits system is not free - it is paid for entirely by those who go to work and pay our taxes/NI. It is not paid for by the Government - they just set the policies and manage the process. This should not be forgotten. Most people pay our taxes/NI without too much objection because we want to make sure that people in need have a basic standard of living and that if we are ever in need the benefit system will be there for us, but we are not wealthy people - we go without things ourselves to make our contribution to this system. It is a safety net for people in their times of need and I hope it is always there for people who genuinely need it, whether that is a temporary need or a permanent one, but it must never be seen as an alternative way to make a living - that would be abusing the system and abusing all those who pay their contribution.

Smidge

Reactions: 11 people

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
I agree Smidge and I also agree that the media has much to answer for in demonising people who claim benefits and tarring them all with the same brush. Many of us give to deserving causes, diabetes uk, cancer research etc but I think that is totally unrelated to the welfare system. We pay in all our lives so we should expect them to pay out when we are in need and my point is that at the moment they are trying to find every reason to deny genuinely deserving people their benefits when in fact they're duty should be to help them in the first instance not meet targets. The 'scroungers' as people call them are the minority. The system is well and truly broken.

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Well just bear in mind who voted in this alliance of nasty wealthy people, and do vote next time round. It's apathy that gets the nasties in.
Feel for you Pixie.
Yes it is paid for by tax payers, its all propaganda anyway, the nasties aren't going to go after the billions that are filtered away by the rich. The are lining their own pockets before leaving the country in an even worse state than thatcher.

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
I for one am very grateful for the benefits system. I haven't needed it much but it has been there for me with no problems at all. I have always found those working within the system very helpful. That is my personal experience I have heard others have rough time.

Previously as an employer, I did come across people who had no intention of working. Some of them couldn't, some of them wouldn't.

Any system will get abused, it is a fact of life.

Reactions: 6 people