A Public Answer......

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Private messages (PM's) or conversations call them what you like should be as the name suggests "PRIVATE" and it is very bad form to post one to the open forum.

If you receive a PM that you feel is inappropriate then forward it to a moderator or Giverny thats what they are there for.

To post this on the open forum and mock the sender for his appearance is outrageous and if you are not sure if the PM is genuine then a courteous reply saying that you dont know anything about the condition would have been a better thing to do, of course you could also have reported it if you think that it was improper but from what you have posted it sounds like a genuine request for help to me.

And how is it possible for a member who has never posted to send PM's? You always had to have made 5 posts to use the PM feature? If that is no longer the case then it should be rectified immediately if only to stop spam.

This whole thread should be removed IMHO.

Thank you for your comments, I have taken note. Just a couple of points.....I have neither disclosed the name of the sender who tried to involve me in conversation, or disclosed the rest of what they wrote...that indeed remains PRIVATE. I do not know what this person looks like so can't comment on their appearance. I merely gave information concerning the syndrome mentioned... but I did laugh...more about that when I reply to another post.

I have no idea how the person was able to send a conversation without having previously posted. (I searched and found nothing) Maybe they have found a way around the system because it isn't the first time this has happened to me. Closing any loophole is something for management to sort out, not me.

Finally, how I deal with something is surely my business, it might not meet with your approval but I wasn't seeking it in the first place. I don't see why the thread should be removed as imo it stands as an example of the sort of problems some of us come up against and hopefully a warning to other less savvy members. Thank you again for your contribution.

Reactions: 9 people

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
I have deleted the name of the condition as it doesn't really affect this thread as it was more to do with the PM than the content. Some good points made here but I do think it may be better to report any PM's of concern in the future as not everyone may be as strong as yourself Beachbag ( not sure if strong is the right word lol but couldn't think of a better one ! ) and may worry unduly.
Mo
Mo, I've just replied to another post and was about to do as Pheonix suggested and remove the name of the syndrome so thank you for your help. I do actually know someone with this condition and they were amazed that it is associated with diabetes as they've never been told...... they also had a little laugh when I related what had happened, Obviously a difference in sense of humour ;)
Other than the instigator of the conversation I offer my sincere apologies to any one whom I may have offended.
Strong? lol, Nooo, but I am not naïve about the ways of the internet, or the world. ;)

Reactions: 8 people
K

Kat100

Know one knows how they cope with untoward situations until it happens to them .........x

I refer to the pm,s people receive ......

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
not sure strong is the right word lol but couldn't think of a better one

Nope "strong" is an entirely appropriate word and outing people who try to bully or frighten people via the PM system is an excellent deterrent imo. Its far better to let new people see the potential dangers they can face than bury or censor it out. I've often found it's only people who have things to hide who don't want these things out in the open.

Reactions: 7 people

WhitbyJet

OMG, and now to add to it all, I accidentally sent a PM to Beachbag, I APOLOGISE for my mistake,
I will now go and crawl back behind my stone.............

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
@czj
Lol, Larkins Toads....stuff your pension etc. I love his poetry :)

@WhitbyJet
Very bizarre, and yes, your stone is probably the best place for you....but do watch out for toads. (I love them and photograph them often but they have a habit of sometimes oozing toxins from their skin. Fabulous eyes.
image.jpg

Reactions: 3 people

Bob67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG, and now to add to it all, I accidentally sent a PM to Beachbag, I APOLOGISE for my mistake,
I will now go and crawl back behind my stone.............

Tell us, who were you really trying to send it to:pompous:

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
:facepalm: Arggghh. I have huge phobia of Frogs and Toads. I'm now trying to read this thread with my eyes closed.

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
:facepalm: Arggghh. I have huge phobia of Frogs and Toads. I'm now trying to read this thread with my eyes closed.

:) They have a reputation for being associated with witchcraft but I find them harmless. Even the ones who hide under stones ;)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I can just about deal with Kermit. But I have become rather adept at spotting the situations on TV in which a frog might appear, so that I can literally hide behind the sofa.

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Think I'm in trouble at work.
My old boss used to say that the worst job of the day was akin to eating a frog, so we all got used to saying I'm going to eat my frog when we had to do a unpleasant or boring task.
Old boss now gone, found myself having a conversation with new boss and, as she'd earmarked some really grotty jobs for me, I said (repeatedly) ok, I'll eat that frog, frog sandwich, frog pie etc. Problem? New boss is French.
Now she probably thinks I'm either a Francophobe, hungry or making suggestive remarks...

Reactions: 5 people

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Think I'm in trouble at work.
My old boss used to say that the worst job of the day was akin to eating a frog, so we all got used to saying I'm going to eat my frog when we had to do a unpleasant or boring task.
Old boss now gone, found myself having a conversation with new boss and, as she'd earmarked some really grotty jobs for me, I said (repeatedly) ok, I'll eat that frog, frog sandwich, frog pie etc. Problem? New boss is French.
Now she probably thinks I'm either a Francophobe, hungry or making suggestive remarks...
:nailbiting:

phyden

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold callings
I am very sorry I brought up the subject of having Klinefelters, I got what I was trying to say about my Doctor he blames me because I have Diabets2

I cannot say I was not upset and I still am as I get no help from him nor the nurse, ok I have a appointment with Desmonds this month 22, but I saw the Doctor 27 Jan .

My dear Beachbag and allt he other members who read my reply I am very sorry for upsetting anyone with my remarks.

As to my complaint well I suppose I have learnt to accept it all of my long life and well I suppose I will have to learn how to control these Diabetes if
I can. The one thing I have learnt from reading some of the mails is I seem to have been suffering some time with it as I have real bad pains in my feet and legs.

Well I can see I did not make a good start with my first mail, Yes I must try harder. yours Phyden.