What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I can't stand aniseed in any shape or form. I should have read the package more closely or at least looked at the picture of an aniseed stalk! I'll stick to my decaff Earl Grey or Green tea I think and try and calm and cleanse in other ways!
Oh dear. I will have to file you next to the person on here who doesn't like cheese!

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was a youngster, I used to drink Pernod and blackcurrant poured into a pint of snakebite. I now live in a strange world where Pernod is the healthiest part of that drink lol

Goodness, I remember smelling that (particularly vile) drink on my friends' breath. It has not improved while stored in my memory! It was really trendy for a while. Madness! :eek:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Snakebite yes, Pernod no no no. Used to drink pints of scrumpy snakebite with a Southern comfort and dry ginger chaser. Now I don't drink at all, bar the odd shandy with my curry and even that's off the menu now.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was in such a rush this morning I had to have cheesecake for breakfast. It did keep me going til lunch. I'm thinking I could do that once a week...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie: Egg and bacon out with a friend. We go to a lovely cafe in Cleethorpes. I order egg n bacon on toast, but they kindly swap the toast for an extra rasher. And the latte was perfect.

Lunch: green smoothie

Dinner: pulled pork, roast med veg, green beans and I'll finish with 4 prunes in double cream, with 2 squares of dark choc. Try it. It's beyond sublime.

I've been slipping into ketosis again today. It is like waking up. Actual energy. Me - energetic! It's amazing. Mr B has been watching me bustle about all day (from his Footie Command Chair) as I have dusted, hoovered, polished and tidied the living room and bits of the computer room. And I'm not talking just a lick and a spit. This is in depth, white glove treatment. Every surface gleaming. The whole air feels clean.

I'm watching myself do this in delighted bemusement. :) Ketosis is ace.

In the spirit of helping you out, etc, etc, you understand......

When I come back to UK in August, I will have 5 months of dust awaiting my return...........

Would you like to visit?

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I need inspiration today. Fantasising about pizza

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure how low carb you are being, but you could always use a tortilla wrap as base but cut the middle out like one of those Pizza Express things and fill centre with salad? Almost a pizza.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure how low carb you are being, but you could always use a tortilla wrap as base but cut the middle out like one of those Pizza Express things and fill centre with salad? Almost a pizza.

Too many carbs but I'll save that idea for a treat day! Thank you x

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not what I've eaten, but what I'm going to cook in a mo... I'm going to do a few small dishes - my take on English tapas! Our broad beans are ready, but we don't grow many, so we'll have a handful tossed in butter. Carbs & Cals has them at about 2g carbs. We've grown pak choi for the first time this year, so we'll have a few leaves of that, steamed and in soy sauce. I have really enjoyed my courgette spaghetti, so am doing it for husband with a little garlic and bacon. Also, I've been having the aubergine pizza idea i either found on this website or some other low carb recipe place - a thick slice of aubergine, lightly buttered and seasoned, put in a dish with a slice of tomato on top - bake, then before it's finished put grated cheese on top to melt. I am going to try it topped with a tiny round of minced beef today, so it's cross between a burger, a pizza and moussaka.
@RosieLKH I am making courgette spaghetti for the first time tomorrow. Any hints on the best way to cook it?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that Rosie uses an aubergine slice as a pizza base which might work with plenty of topping. It's funny what we all crave as I'd not miss pizza if I never have it again.
We're having steak again as off out and wanted a quick and easy meal. Tomorrow will be leftover roast dinner and I'll make a big pan of ragu to do stuff to for rest of week. It's hard thinking of stuff that I can have with no additional carbs and that Mr E can add a bucket load of carbs to.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

This is my favourite (only?) courgette spaghetti recipe...and it's cheese free!

http://ahouseinthehills.com/2013/09/02/zucchini-noodles-with-pesto-and-roasted-tomatoes/

Talking of which, the BIG cheese news is that Sainsburys have reintroduced their vegetarian basic Italian hard cheese after a very long absence. It is like Parmesan but without the rennet. Having some tonight to disguise the fact that I will be eating chickpea stew for the third night running :bored:

Reactions: 3 people

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@RosieLKH I am making courgette spaghetti for the first time tomorrow. Any hints on the best way to cook it?
I fry it from raw in olive oil with a little garlic salt or garlic and seasoning. Yesterday I cooked some bacon bits in the pan first, then added the courgette.
I made my first lots using a potato peeler to get the courgette strips, but now I've bought a julienne cutter, which is like a potato peeler but makes thinner strips.
It takes just a few minutes to cook, so if you plan to have a sauce get that ready first. It's fab just with a bit of parmesan on though.

Last edited by a moderator:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast Scrambled egg, bacon medallions
Lunch sliver of crustless quiche, strawbs, creme fraiche and sprinkle of flaxseed
Dinner steak, garlic mushrooms, onions, feta and leftover hummus salad

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is my favourite (only?) courgette spaghetti recipe...and it's cheese free!

http://ahouseinthehills.com/2013/09/02/zucchini-noodles-with-pesto-and-roasted-tomatoes/

Talking of which, the BIG cheese news is that Sainsburys have reintroduced their vegetarian basic Italian hard cheese after a very long absence. It is like Parmesan but without the rennet. Having some tonight to disguise the fact that I will be eating chickpea stew for the third night running :bored:
Watch out for jars of pesto, which often have cheese in them.

RosieLKH

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - 2 rashers of fab butcher's bacon and a fried egg.
Lunch - Bovril drink, 2 slices salami, 6 almonds and 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds.
Dinner - not had it yet but it will be a fresh sardine and an aubergine pizza.

Aubergine pizza my way is 2 slices of aubergine, lightly buttered & seasoned on both sides. A slice of tomato on top, or several tin cherry toms, or some chopped tin stuff. Sprinkle of salt & pepper, or garlic salt. Bake in oven for 30 mins, and ten mins from end add some grated cheese. Haven't had mozzerella yet for it, but that my next stage!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Watch out for jars of pesto, which often have cheese in them.
Yes, the jars usually have real Parmesan in them so I avoid them anyway. The recipe I posted, btw, is for raw courgette spaghetti, but I fry it quickly in the wok to soften it a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.