Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I did:
Swim 20 mins
Aqua running 10 mins
Water exercise devised by me which I am calling aqua-pilates 15 mins.
Total 45 mins, so I avoided the supermarket stagger an went to the hairdresser instead. Only exercise in there was vocal chords having a good natter.

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Didn't sleep much because I've got a sore throat .
Proud of myself today though 35 minutes very gentle pedal on my exercise bike after work.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 6 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Didn't sleep much because I've got a sore throat .
Proud of myself today though 35 minutes very gentle pedal on my exercise bike after work.

Well done Jamrox!
No nagging from me this evening - and loads of brownie points for your bike session - particularly when you're a bit poorly. Hey - if you can set up the bike near the TV you can cycle whilst watching the Tour de France! You can give Mark Cavendish a run of his money!
Rest up now - G&T works well on a sore throat.;)

I was on the bike myself today - did a 1hr circuit in the sunshine! :)

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Trying a new regime of four meals a day (smallish ones) to see if it will regularise my liver a bit, and with that I'm trying to exercise in shorter bursts around an hour after eating to burn the glucose off. So I did 5 minutes on the rower an hour after breakfast, didn't manage anything after 'lunch', and 15 minutes walk an hour after 'tea'. Will see if I can do another stint on the rower after dinner.

Reactions: 8 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear, hope you soon feel alright @cold ethyl and @Jamrox
I used to swear by gargling then swallowing a large glass of brandy when I had a sore throat or felt ill. But then I became diabetic and the rest is history.

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Where is everyone? Missing a few people who haven't posted for a while.

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
...Its football and tennis now Pipp, they're in front of the box perhaps :rolleyes: ....must admit, I'm glued to the tennis myself, not too fussed about the footie...

...45 minute walk today and a quick burst [5 mins] of skipping....

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
20 minutes brisk walk after breakfast. Think I'll try and do this every say now. 40 minutes brisk walk this evening. I'm so used to doing that evening walk, I couldn't cut it short. So 6k walked today.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Forgot to say. I have a few pairs of Skechers shoes and similar. Very comfortable for walking in as well as ordinary wearing. I had a little stone in my shoe during my evening walk. Went to sort it out and looked ... I have been wearing odd shoes all day!!!!

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Forgot to say. I have a few pairs of Skechers shoes and similar. Very comfortable for walking in as well as ordinary wearing. I had a little stone in my shoe during my evening walk. Went to sort it out and looked ... I have been wearing odd shoes all day!!!!

I bought sketchers tonight for my cruise in 13 days time

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Trying a new regime of four meals a day (smallish ones) to see if it will regularise my liver a bit, and with that I'm trying to exercise in shorter bursts around an hour after eating to burn the glucose off. So I did 5 minutes on the rower an hour after breakfast, didn't manage anything after 'lunch', and 15 minutes walk an hour after 'tea'. Will see if I can do another stint on the rower after dinner.

Can you let us know if and how much this helps your BG control please sanguine? :bookworm:

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Where is everyone? Missing a few people who haven't posted for a while.

I know - it's so sad.
I don't know exactly what happened but apparently @Andy12345 got burnt somewhere else on the forum, which upset @zand so much that she went and took it out on the lovely @julifriend on one of his threads.
I think our friends are hurting a bit :(

Can we do a collective shout out to say 'please come back because we miss you!':arghh:

Reactions: 6 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
20 minutes brisk walk after breakfast. Think I'll try and do this every say now. 40 minutes brisk walk this evening. I'm so used to doing that evening walk, I couldn't cut it short. So 6k walked today.

That's an impressive amount of walking @peacetrain!
The evening is a lovely time to be out. My hubby and I walked around the garden yesterday evening. The mist was rising, and there were lots of smells of fresh greenery and blossom from the day's rain. Mmmmm

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I know - it's so sad.
I don't know exactly what happened but apparently @Andy12345 got burnt somewhere else on the forum, which upset @zand so much that she went and took it out on the lovely @julifriend on one of his threads.
I think our friends are hurting a bit :(

Can we do a collective shout out to say 'please come back because we miss you!':arghh:

It's very sad - I didn't realise Andy was involved, I thought he was on holiday.
Someone else who joined about the time I did and has dropped off the forum since about this thread started is @dianagrace.

Last edited by a moderator:

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Can you let us know if and how much this helps your BG control please sanguine? :bookworm:

Sure, I'll do a study today and over the weekend. At the moment my BGs seem to have completely stalled at about 6.0-6.2, even my preprandials which before were in the mid 5s and even high 4s. I put it down to all this bl00dy exercise ... :confused: Actually I think it's stress (work).

Last night for instance I was 5.8 before dinner (proper burger and 'ratatouille', a bit of 85% chocolate), 6.3 after two hours (did 5 mins on rower at +1), 6.2 at bedtime and 6.2 again when I got up this morning. I'll have to test before and after exercise of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It's very sad - I didn't realise Andy was involved, I thought he was on holiday.
Someone else who joined about the time I did and has dropped off the forum since about this thread started is @dianagrace.

Ahhh - yes that would make sense, because I'm not sure Andy would let anything put him off posting his supportive comments! Hopefully he is away enjoying himself in the sunshine - and is having way too much fun to post here Yay!:cool:

@dianagrace - we miss you too!:)