Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
3hrs - holy moly! That's dedication. I love the smell of Pledge myself - reminds me of being at my grandma's house.:happy:

I stretched it out and took my time . Got the washing out overnight , I never do that but got a full day tomorrow so im ahead

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I did an hour of aquafit today.

Not going to be able to post at will. Off to a wifi free zone for a while.
For the final two days of challenge I will be doing physio exercises and some walking and Pilates.
Having not failed to do at least 30 mins for a single day of challenge I am well chuffed.
I cannot thank @Jamrox and the rest of you, enough for getting me motivated again. That is priceless.
I know @Jamrox will be going away before I am back in 21st century so wish her happy hol, well deserved.

Right, who is going to start the new thread, or do we continue this one and invite others to join the sporty 40? I will be checking when I return in a few weeks.

Everyone, don't stop now just as the 42 days is finishing. You know it makes sense to keep moving.
To those who have gone missing, please come back, it just is not the same without you.
Bye for now, folks
Be well
Pipp

I will start the new thread if people still want it. I plan to continue because I feel good (not at the moment because I ve got a cold but usually do).

Reactions: 5 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I did an hour of aquafit today.

Not going to be able to post at will. Off to a wifi free zone for a while.
For the final two days of challenge I will be doing physio exercises and some walking and Pilates.
Having not failed to do at least 30 mins for a single day of challenge I am well chuffed.
I cannot thank @Jamrox and the rest of you, enough for getting me motivated again. That is priceless.
I know @Jamrox will be going away before I am back in 21st century so wish her happy hol, well deserved.

Right, who is going to start the new thread, or do we continue this one and invite others to join the sporty 40? I will be checking when I return in a few weeks.

Everyone, don't stop now just as the 42 days is finishing. You know it makes sense to keep moving.
To those who have gone missing, please come back, it just is not the same without you.
Bye for now, folks
Be well
Pipp

Enjoy your hols

poshtotty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey! You missed me? Awww that's so good to know :) Thanks @Bebo321 and @sanguine

I'm still here and I check in daily but was waiting to report good news. I have my 3 month check with DN mid July and am hoping she will see an improvement and agree to me staying off statins. Also waiting to report losing my first stone, but its only 12lbs so far. Didn't want to peak too soon ;) Desperately wanting to post with low fasting BS but they've risen to 7 of late due to the ongoing stress I mentioned when I first joined.

I'm still LCHF and feeling wonderful. Loads more energy and clarity and loving my food again. Still learning loads from this forum by checking in each morning

Thanks for the shout-out. Hope you are all doing good and well

Reactions: 7 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
...I don't know how you do it, 5k!..puts me to shame, well done you...:)

Pipp, enjoy your holiday..:D
I've gradually built it up. The mind, the lungs and the heart could cope with some running/ jogging but I think the knees will say no.

I'm off to boots in the morning for a weigh in. I'm hoping the machine will tell me I've reached the overweight figure. ;-)

Reactions: 5 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hey! You missed me? Awww that's so good to know :) Thanks @Bebo321 and @sanguine

I'm still here and I check in daily but was waiting to report good news. I have my 3 month check with DN mid July and am hoping she will see an improvement and agree to me staying off statins. Also waiting to report losing my first stone, but its only 12lbs so far. Didn't want to peak too soon ;) Desperately wanting to post with low fasting BS but they've risen to 7 of late due to the ongoing stress I mentioned when I first joined.

I'm still LCHF and feeling wonderful. Loads more energy and clarity and loving my food again. Still learning loads from this forum by checking in each morning

Thanks for the shout-out. Hope you are all doing good and well

Well you've got great news to report! You're doing so well!
You know Jamrox has just started a new thread sporty in forty a you should report your great progress!
Sorry the BGs aren't as good as you would like. Stress will inevitably keep levels a bit higher.
Great to hear your progress :)
Hope to see you again on sporty in forty soon. Bx

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Good to see you back Diana :)

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How

How exciting!
Where are you going Pipp?!
Will you take a load of photos to share with us when you get back?
Wishing you a wonderful restful break. xxxx
Not that exciting. Not telling where, just somewhere we go to escape and retreat.
No to photos.
Thanks for good wishes will try to make it wonderful and restful, and the rest will include ending 42 challenge by completing it, and staring new 40 sporty challenge.
You all keep up the good work.

Thank you, you wonderful 42ers.

Reactions: 3 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 at 7am
Much happier with that. It's an hour later than during the week.
I'm going to Boots to weigh myself at 9am. I hope to be in the overweight range lol. I've had a Scandi tapas breakfast: olives, hazelnuts, cheese, whole earth crunchy peanut butter.

I got the peanut butter from one of the main supermarkets. No added sugar and it's delicious.

I'll be going from Boots to the coffee shop for a capuccino with a mint humbug tea chaser. It's my weekly treat whilst I browse the newspapers. Lounging in a coffee shop makes me feel I'm on holiday :)

I've just realised I've posted on the wrong thread. Can't be bothered to type it out again.

Have great holiday Pipp, wherever you are. :)

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Today will be clearin my deceased mother in laws garden with my hubby. We have a skip and hope to get it cleared and finished this weekend in the Ayrshire sunshine.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Grrrr! Need to do my exercise now. Hubbie forgot to tell me that we have no sausages left. This probably means I'll have a liver dump on way to Lidl. Hour round trip walking. Was looking forward to leisurely brekkie followed by leisurely walk. Probably good to walk briskly as despite doing all the right things have maintained but not to bothered as that time of month again. :(

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Can you let us know if and how much this helps your BG control please sanguine? :bookworm:

I may not be able to manage this every day (probably not today because I'm off round to some friends hobbying) but here's what happened yesterday:

0720, 6.2
Shower, couple of mugs of tea
0905, 7.1
Breakfast - two eggs on small slice of wholemeal toast
Pint of water
1005, 8.4 (that'll be the toast - not too bad after an hour though)
10 minutes on the rower
1030, 6.6
Pint of water
1230 light lunch - salami, olives, tomato, feta cheese, bit of houmous
1330, 6.1
1430, 7.3 - liver kicking in?
1530, 7.2
5 minutes on rower
1545, 6.1
Afternoon tea - some berries and cream
1645, 7.3
30 minute walk
1745, 5.9
1845, 5.3
Dinner - sausages, mushrooms, half an avocado, glass of red wine, small piece of 85% chocolate
1945, 6.2
5 minutes on rower
2000, 5.6
2045, 6.2
bedtime, 6.3
this morning, 5.8

I'm not going to test so intensively very often, but intuitively I like the idea of spreading the food intake more evenly to avoid the liver getting anxious, and burning off the peaks by short exercise an hour or so after eating. (I think Andrew Colvin has been through all this already in much more detail!).

And I've lost 1.8 kg in the last week after plateauing for a while, so happy this morning! BMI now 26.8! :cool:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Well back from walk in pouring rain and had nice long soothing hot shower. The rain was bouncing off the ground and my maxi skirt wrapped round my legs, making it difficult to walk. It was drizzling when I set off but 10 mins later it was bouncing. My shoes got so wet that I turned my ankle so figured I was better off walking on the grass bare foot but managed to avoid the piles if doggie doodles which were on the grass. It certainly added an element of danger to the walk. It takes half an hour to walk there and half an hour to walk back. I was so wet I actually had to strip off in the hall way. And all my hubbie could do was laugh till he cried whilst singing "isn't she lovely" the man is warped! He is now cooking brekkie which is brunch and my liver has just dumped! Grrrr!

Reactions: 7 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I may not be able to manage this every day (probably not today because I'm off round to some friends hobbying) but here's what happened yesterday:

0720, 6.2
0905, 7.1
Pint of water
10 minutes on the rower
1030, 6.6
Pint of water
1330, 6.1
1530, 7.2
5 minutes on rower
1545, 6.1
1645, 7.3
30 minute walk
1745, 5.9
1845, 5.3
Dinner - sausages, mushrooms, half an avocado, glass of red wine, small piece of 85% chocolate
1945, 6.2
5 minutes on rower
2000, 5.6
2045, 6.2
bedtime, 6.3
this morning, 5.8

I'm not going to test so intensively very often, but intuitively I like the idea of spreading the food intake more evenly to avoid the liver getting anxious, and burning off the peaks by short exercise an hour or so after eating. (I think Andrew Colvin has been through all this already in much more detail!).

And I've lost 1.8 kg in the last week after plateauing for a while, so happy this morning! BMI now 26.8! :cool:
That's so great sanguine!

Thanks for this - it's one thing to be able to say that exercise will reduce BGs, but it's great to see someone with the real time data - it's surprising how little exercise is needed for a drop too (though I guess the rower is quite an intensive workout)
The 1430 reading of 7.3 will probably just be peak post prandial after lunch (usually about two hours after)

Really interesting that you have lost weight too - do you think this is due to changing how you exercise, or have you modified your diet? :D That's me grinning cos you lost 1.8kg!

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well back from walk in pouring rain and had nice long soothing hot shower. The rain was bouncing off the ground and my maxi skirt wrapped round my legs, making it difficult to walk. It was drizzling when I set off but 10 mins later it was bouncing. My shoes got so wet that I turned my ankle so figured I was better off walking on the grass bare foot but managed to avoid the piles if doggie doodles which were on the grass. It certainly added an element of danger to the walk. It takes half an hour to walk there and half an hour to walk back. I was so wet I actually had to strip off in the hall way. And all my hubbie could do was laugh till he cried whilst singing "isn't she lovely" the man is warped! He is now cooking brekkie which is brunch and my liver has just dumped! Grrrr!
Well done Scandichic!
We just missed the rain by a couple of minutes. I like the danger element - the doggie doodle dance!;)
Hope your ankle is okay.x

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

0720, 6.2
0905, 7.1
Pint of water
10 minutes on the rower
1030, 6.6
Pint of water
1330, 6.1
1530, 7.2
5 minutes on rower
1545, 6.1
1645, 7.3
30 minute walk
1745, 5.9
1845, 5.3
1945, 6.2
5 minutes on rower
2000, 5.6
2045, 6.2
bedtime, 6.3
this morning, 5.8

Well done on the weight loss sanguine :).

This is useful information because it's interesting to see the effects of the exercise.
If you don't mind me asking, what was your last HbA1c ?

Thanks again :)