"A new you in 42"

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Sorry I meant I assumed Andy was on holiday, I have no other info.

Gillie Ruth

Lots f things happening since I posted last, hope everyone comes back to a happy place.
Walked the shopping centre for several hours today, so cold outside, from summer to winter in one day, best snow in years!
Stopped testing until cortisone out of my system, start tomorrow and, whole testing thing next week..don't expect a very good fasting test result, but, test again in a month......such fun lol.
Good thoughts to all the lovely people on this thread. :)

Reactions: 2 people

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know - it's so sad.
I don't know exactly what happened but apparently @Andy12345 got burnt somewhere else on the forum, which upset @zand so much that she went and took it out on the lovely @julifriend on one of his threads.
I think our friends are hurting a bit :(

Can we do a collective shout out to say 'please come back because we miss you!':arghh:
Oh dear! News to me. I don't read all the threads. Please come back everyone!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's an impressive amount of walking @peacetrain!
The evening is a lovely time to be out. My hubby and I walked around the garden yesterday evening. The mist was rising, and there were lots of smells of fresh greenery and blossom from the day's rain. Mmmmm
I love that smell too. Unfortunately masked by muck spreading at the moment :-(

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
15 minutes on bike and 15 minutes Pilates and stretching etc. My legs feel more toned but I'm going to have odd bingo wings as I've a bad left shoulder so can't exercise that side as much. I'll just have to stand with one arm against the wall at functions.

edited because I also obviously have dreadful eyesight and poor proofreading skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I don't know how Ive missed things but I have.
I just want to say that the written word can be isinterpreted and I hope everyone is ok .

Reactions: 3 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Oh dear! News to me. I don't read all the threads. Please come back everyone!!

...I don't get time to read all the threads either and have only seen afterwards some of what happened , I echo what you say Peace about wanting them back...:(

...not been very good exercisewise today...there was a huge BBQ at each of the office sites at work for Armed Forces Day....free but we gave donations.... so I intended to do my exercise when I got home but I'm a bit headachey, think its the muggy weather, it can't pooossssssibly have been over indulgence :eek: ...... actually I did eat more than I normally would at lunchtime and didn't touch the bread around the burgers, how angelic am I :angelic: ...................... BUT did have some chips, lost count, oh dear double walk tomorrow....:oops:

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

So, I haven't been posting on here but I have been doing my walking and ironing daily. :)

Reactions: 6 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Im still not 100 % tonight so ive just pottered around my house tidying up. I ve achieved quite a lot. I'm afraid my house was a tad untidy but its ok now and Mr Sheen has done his job. I reckon I have pottered about for 3 hours all in so that will be my activity for today.

Reactions: 7 people

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
15 minutes on bike and 15 minutes Pilates and stretching etc. My legs feel more toned but I'm going to have odd bingo wings as I've a bad left shoulder so can't exercise that side as much. I'll just have to stand with one arm against the wall at functions.

edited because I also obviously have dreadful eyesight and poor proofreading skills.

Hey, no worries - get trend setting with the best A-symmetrical line dresses going. No-one will see anything but toned gorgeousness! Wobbly arm all under wraps.x;)

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Im still not 100 % tonight so ive just pottered around my house tidying up. I ve achieved quite a lot. I'm afraid my house was a tad untidy but its ok now and Mr Sheen has done his job. I reckon I have pottered about for 3 hours all in so that will be my activity for today.

3hrs - holy moly! That's dedication. I love the smell of Pledge myself - reminds me of being at my grandma's house.:happy:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did an hour of aquafit today.

Not going to be able to post at will. Off to a wifi free zone for a while.
For the final two days of challenge I will be doing physio exercises and some walking and Pilates.
Having not failed to do at least 30 mins for a single day of challenge I am well chuffed.
I cannot thank @Jamrox and the rest of you, enough for getting me motivated again. That is priceless.
I know @Jamrox will be going away before I am back in 21st century so wish her happy hol, well deserved.

Right, who is going to start the new thread, or do we continue this one and invite others to join the sporty 40? I will be checking when I return in a few weeks.

Everyone, don't stop now just as the 42 days is finishing. You know it makes sense to keep moving.
To those who have gone missing, please come back, it just is not the same without you.
Bye for now, folks
Be well
Pipp

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3hrs - holy moly! That's dedication. I love the smell of Pledge myself - reminds me of being at my grandma's house.:happy:
My gran used beeswax out of a tin.

Who remembers the salesman who used to go from house to house selling household wares. I remember he used to give we children small sample time of wax to polish the furniture. About the size of the lip balm tins. Was it Betterware or similar?

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Apologies I let the side down a little bit today - walked the dogs but hardly worked up a sweat. Got lots done work wise though - so a bit of an up side to the day.
Glad to hear you've been keeping up @zand - would be lovely to hear what @julifriend has been up to too.:)
Jamrox, you've shamed me into doing some housework tomorrow - particularly because we are getting a visit from our local animal rescue - we're hoping to re home a pair of cats. Yay!

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

For the final two days of challenge I will be doing physio exercises and some walking and Pilates.
Having not failed to do at least 30 mins for a single day of challenge I am well chuffed.
I cannot thank @Jamrox and the rest of you, enough for getting me motivated again. That is priceless.
I know @Jamrox will be going away before I am back in 21st century so wish her happy hol, well deserved.

Right, who is going to start the new thread, or do we continue this one and invite others to join the sporty 40? I will be checking when I return in a few weeks.

Everyone, don't stop now just as the 42 days is finishing. You know it makes sense to keep moving.
To those who have gone missing, please come back, it just is not the same without you.
Bye for now, folks
Be well
Pipp
Well done and enjoy your holiday!

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
How

Bye for now, folks
Be well
Pipp

How exciting!
Where are you going Pipp?!
Will you take a load of photos to share with us when you get back?
Wishing you a wonderful restful break. xxxx