"A new you in 42"

Moniker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I like your avatar too, Moniker.

I am getting avatar envy now!
Thanks, that's my first lab girl, Abbey, now gone. But I currently have three black lab ladies, one of my own and two foster pups for Dogguides. I am ashamed to say on an exercise thread that none of them got a walk today. Too hot!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Maybe that walk in the rain to the shops did some good as I was 13 st 6 yesterday but am 13st 5 today!

Reactions: 8 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Just altered my signature :D
Have just worked out that if I lose 1lb a week it'll take me to The same time last year to get to 11 stone. Hope it comes off a bit before that as I really want to get to 10 stone by Christmas but am not sure I'll manage if it's only 1lb a week. It's just that I won't see my dad until then as they're often away when I visit mum and I wanted to go for ultimate impact. They haven't seen me since I started losing weight. Although dad has been retired, my step mum is retiring this summer and they are both keen caravaners so during the school hols they take off with the caravan for several weeks. Who can blame them? So basically, although we face time it's not the same. My mum and step dad live miles away but manage to see them every 2 months.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I would suggest nightie dancing.......
Don't know what the little girl from next door would make of it! Although we have got the Rolling Stones playing! Run out of sausages for tomorrow so will have to do hour walk to Lidl. Yesterday when I was wet and carrying shopping and shoes as it was proving too dangerous to walk with them on and I had resigned my self to getting soaked down to my underwear I was dancing along the grass verge singing to my music and dancing. Maybe it was the dancing and singing combined with the walk that encouraged that pound to go! Lol! Good job none of you guys saw me!

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
It's hey you get off of my cloud which is probably my fave Rolling Stones song. Really do feel the urge to do some nightie dancing now!
image.jpg

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hooray I have just completed Day 42.
I also thought the phrase feel alive in 35 for those who are put off by 40

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
..45 minute walk in a park near to me, intend to do some skipping and twistboard this evening as am going out with my daughter and some of the rest of the family this afternoon..

Re the Stones, this one's my favourite..

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Able to get online, briefly.
Proud to announce I have completed the 42 challenge without missing a single day. Yesterday was 2x10 minute walks and 15 mins stretching physio exercises. Today 2x10 min walks and 20 mins Pilates. have been chair exercising whenever I am sitting down too.
Started the challenge very apprehensive, as I had been very limited in activities for far too long. Now looking forward to extending challenge in the sporty 40.

Cheers folks and well done to all of us.

I don't like virtual hugging but send everyone a virtual medal.
Pipp

Bring on the sporty 40!

Reactions: 6 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yep, just done my walk for today ...and I did the ironing really early this morning. So.... getting ready for tomorrow's challenge now.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Able to get online, briefly.
Proud to announce I have completed the 42 challenge without missing a single day. Yesterday was 2x10 minute walks and 15 mins stretching physio exercises. Today 2x10 min walks and 20 mins Pilates. have been chair exercising whenever I am sitting down too.
Started the challenge very apprehensive, as I had been very limited in activities for far too long. Now looking forward to extending challenge in the sporty 40.

Cheers folks and well done to all of us.

I don't like virtual hugging but send everyone a virtual medal.
Pipp

Bring on the sporty 40!

Yeaaahhh Pipp
Isn't it fab . What an achievement x

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
yep, just done my walk for today ...and I did the ironing really early this morning. So.... getting ready for tomorrow's challenge now.

Did you know you work off 77 calories an hour ironing....I still hate it lol

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Oh I have a lot more , soooo much more , tooooo much more .I still hate it lol