I don't want to introduce myself

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes me too. I'm not sure I know who I am again yet because I can't find a photo for my avatar.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and birds don't?
yes of course they do :) But birds don't have owners like cats so I can forgive them . We also have deer and rabbits and foxes and I am tolerant of all of them....just not cats because they shouldn't be there!:)

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Cats - owners? Mine have staff.

Reactions: 2 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Why don't you put up the 5 pics and we'll vote on it. Or perhaps put it up as a poll

forty six

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just being told to introduce myself is hard enough. Why would anyone want to? We all use this site because of one thing - we all suffer from or are touched by diabetes and most of us get more info from here than from our HCP's. I think our posts say more about us than any introduction can, I have read the thoughts, fears, cares and frustrations of many people who I have never or will ever meet. That speaks volumes and I don't need you all to introduce yourselves - I like you all already!

Reactions: 14 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Right. Now you all need to understand the following:-

I didn't have a pony. I didn't like ponies. That's why I never had one. I liked ponies a little less than I like sheep. That isn't my Mum, that is a neighbour. Her two sons had a pony...that one. They also had measles. They wanted to sell the pony. They needed to find someone to sit on the **** thing. I was not happy (perhaps you can't tell this from the photo). I even had to wear her son's clothes! Those trousers are tied up with string. I didn't like hats at the best of times and this was not the best of times. I was cross. You really don't want to make me cross.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just being told to introduce myself is hard enough. Why would anyone want to? We all use this site because of one thing - we all suffer from or are touched by diabetes and most of us get more info from here than from our HCP's. I think our posts say more about us than any introduction can, I have read the thoughts, fears, cares and frustrations of many people who I have never or will ever meet. That speaks volumes and I don't need you all to introduce yourselves - I like you all already!
yep I totally agree..and we like you too, forty six

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
it sound like it was a way to make it easier for newbies to get involved which is a great idea, if you dont want to share your personal introduction, thats fine, if the message bugs you, just leave a dot on the introduction, personally i like knowing a little about people i read about, it makes the poster a real person rather than a medical issue, but that just me :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never did introduce myself. Sorry maybe I should start again?
Then if I did I could be someone else and maybe just be good enough not to upset anyone.

Or maybe I could just be a git and upset everyone. Sounds like more fun. But I am just a chicken which is why I don't have an avatar pic.

Reactions: 4 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never did introduce myself. Sorry maybe I should start again?
Then if I did I could be someone else and maybe just be good enough not to upset anyone.

Or maybe I could just be a git and upset everyone. Sounds like more fun. But I am just a chicken which is why I don't have an avatar pic.
You could have something weird and wacky as your avatar. Oh, I don't know you yet do I?...you haven't introduced yourself yet, so I don't know who I'm talking to.