Slimming World

sagarg

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks

I am type 2 on 2 x 500g of Metformin a day

My daughter wants me to join her at the above diet club and the diet looks doable altho I do have my reservations.

I need to lose weight and do try to eat mostly low carb , plus I have Coeliac disease so that's another problem ( for me )

Has anyone successfully followed their way of dieting or got any helpful tips / advice?

Thanks
Hello,
Well i want to gain weight but during office time i am not allow to eat anything, this is main drawback for me. But before i joined my job i was on my diet and doing bodybuilding at that i have nice weight and body then after everything gone mess...

Joolz1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi folks

My daughter wants me to join her at the above diet club and the diet looks doable altho I do have my reservations.

I need to lose weight and do try to eat mostly low carb , plus I have Coeliac disease so that's another problem ( for me )

Has anyone successfully followed their way of dieting or got any helpful tips / advice?

Thanks
I'm currently doing slimming world and have lost 16.5 Lbs in 5 weeks, I've never felt better however, my practice nurse has just started me on metformin due to my last blood test being high I wanted to give it another 3 months to continue living weight at SW before I start treatment but I was told I should commence the tablets. The other day whilst at my SW group I became unwell, sweating profusely, dizzy, losing balance and unable to focus. When I reached home I was violently sick and had diarrhoea, I had started on 500 mg of metformin and was told to increase it to a 1000mg after a week then 1500mg on my third week. When I rang the practice nurse she told me to stop taking the medication until I felt better then reintroduce the medication, I'm very reluctant

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've no clue what HCP's think they're accomplishing by bullying patients. Bullying never works for anybody in any situation - so why do they think it works with diabetics? Sheesh!

))Denise((

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is way too quickly to increase the metformin Joolz1. Sounds like you would need the SR version of it. When I first started it, I just had to go to the loo lots.

Sjx83

Yes I binge. I cant help it. I have been given a hypnosis CD box set of Paul McKenna, and I have been dusting it for a year. I might open it soon.

I find if you say you can t have something the more you want it, try increasing your fibre and water and that will stop you feeling Hungery as much and help control how much you eat but also have a scheduled small amount of the food as well as the good for you next best thing. Good luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Terry C

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Drug companies
I'm currently doing slimming world and have lost 16.5 Lbs in 5 weeks, I've never felt better however, my practice nurse has just started me on metformin due to my last blood test being high I wanted to give it another 3 months to continue living weight at SW before I start treatment but I was told I should commence the tablets. The other day whilst at my SW group I became unwell, sweating profusely, dizzy, losing balance and unable to focus. When I reached home I was violently sick and had diarrhoea, I had started on 500 mg of metformin and was told to increase it to a 1000mg after a week then 1500mg on my third week. When I rang the practice nurse she told me to stop taking the medication until I felt better then reintroduce the medication, I'm very reluctant

I also had issues with Metformin and the drugs that were used to replace it. Here is my story on how I beat it. Happy to answer any questions this raises.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8821546/diabetes-treatment-a-revolution-for-suffers-health

pms543

Let us know how it goes! This thread could be helpful for people in future who have the same question :thumbup:
Am about to go into action and start red days on slimming world. My aim is to get my weight loss started then go on to low carbing...

Reactions: 2 people

Pepsi Max

Ok so I joined SW 4 weeks ago & to date I've lost 1/2 lb!! Seriously 1/2 lb!! I'm following the diet! Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong or that Type 1s lose weight slower, I do have at least 18lbs to lose...

Cookiebell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ooh good, a Slimming World thread!

I've been following SW now for 2 years and have lost 5 stone! (Ok, so it's crept back up again a little bit over the holidays but I'm working on it!)

Reactions: 7 people

Cookiebell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Put 1lb on last night, but bearing in mind we've had 3 separate events this week involving meals out and wine, I'm fairly happy with that!

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been following slimming world, not religiously for about 3 weeks and have lost half a stone.......

The sin free meals I have been having are really good......

Kim1959

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi folks

Thanks
Hi i have been on slimming world a while now and touch wood have been o.k your consultant should give you an additional book for diabetics, i have lost over a stone so far!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@Cookiebell@Novorapiboi

Hope you both don't mind me asking, we sometimes have members on here who are type 1 enquiring about the SW course and is it suitable for type 1's, do the consultants on the course work with you to find a suitable diet for your own dietary needs or do you just adapt the diet yourself, just curious in case anyone asks again.

Cookiebell

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Cookiebell@Novorapiboi

Hope you both don't mind me asking, we sometimes have members on here who are type 1 enquiring about the SW course and is it suitable for type 1's, do the consultants on the course work with you to find a suitable diet for your own dietary needs or do you just adapt the diet yourself, just curious in case anyone asks again.

You basically get told what the principles of Slimming World are and get told about the healthy eating plan. You can then Adapt it to suit yourself, for example if you wanted to do low-carb, you could easily do it on SW.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
You basically get told what the principles of Slimming World are and get told about the healthy eating plan. You can then Adapt it to suit yourself, for example if you wanted to do low-carb, you could easily do it on SW.

Thanks for the reply Cookiebell, it's good to know that you can adapt the SW diet to suit, I'll remember that :)

Reactions: 4 people