BS readings

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Sorry to butt in but can't work out how to start a new thread!!! I'm type 2 & on 1.2mg Victoza. My BS this morning 17.1 any ideas how to bring my BS down?????

Hi,

If you go to the forum you wish to post in, you will see a green box on the right towards the top that says "post a new thread" . Just click on that.

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
when i saw the diabetic nurse on friday, i hadn,t lost any weight but my clothes are feeling looser
i,m weighing size 24/26 trousers and tried on a pair of size 22 and got bthem on but a little tight
Hi Ally

You are doing much better. I just want to give you some hope and encouragement. At the beginning of August 2013 I was wearing size 26 trousers and size 24 everything else. Now I'm wearing size 14 trousers and tops and I can fit into size 12 jeans (depending on the make). I began with 20 minute brisk walks 4 times a week then daily. I then increased to 30, 40, 50 minutes. I have a low carb diet and I also limit my daily calories. I was a dreadful binge eater and I also live alone. You can do it too! I'm sure you will . Good luck dear!!

Reactions: 12 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
and breathe thats been the lowest reading and i,m so proud

Reactions: 8 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
peacetrain, very well done in getting into i size 14, and a size 12 jeans.
i will be happy getting into a size 18 jeans

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Post lunch and 8.5?!!! That is brilliant... What was lunch?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
and breathe thats been the lowest reading and i,m so proud

And then your 8.5, after lunch. You do know what that means, don't you?

Recommended target blood glucose level ranges
The NICE recommended target blood glucose levels are stated below for adults with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes and children with type 1 diabetes.

In addition, the International Diabetes Federation's target ranges for people without diabetes is stated. [19] [89] [90]

NICE recommended target blood glucose level ranges
Target Levels
by TypeBefore meals
(pre prandial)2 hours after meals
(post prandial)
Non-diabetic4.0 to 5.9 mmol/Lunder 7.8 mmol/L
Type 2 diabetes4 to 7 mmol/Lunder 8.5 mmol/L
Type 1 diabetes4 to 7 mmol/Lunder 9 mmol/L
Children w/ type 1 diabetes

You have just met one of the T2 targets!!4 to 8 mmol/Lunder 10 mmol/L

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooopos. Formating has gone a bit odd there!!

Ally, what a landmark.

I know you will want to bring that down a bit, and bring the others down too, but it's your first reading on DUK Target.

I don't know about you, but I want to run round the room, waving my arms above my head !!!!

Reactions: 7 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Big well done Ally!! Keep going, you are doing so well now- be proud of your self!! I have been doing this 13 weeks now and don't weigh my self (years ago I became obsessed while doing a very low calorie diet) the day of diagnosis the nurse practitioner weighed me but I said I didn't want the figure, I am now two jeans sizes down ( my newest I got three weeks ago are now starting to slip too!) So don't get hung up on scales, go by clothes and how you feel! I am tall too - 6.2 1/2 so average weight etc isn't a guideline for me as such!!

Reactions: 6 people

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
thank you all
for lunch i had tomatoes, beetroot, egg, 3 pilchards

Reactions: 5 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Big well done Ally!! Keep going, you are doing so well now- be proud of your self!! I have been doing this 13 weeks now and don't weigh my self (years ago I became obsessed while doing a very low calorie diet) the day of diagnosis the nurse practitioner weighed me but I said I didn't want the figure, I am now two jeans sizes down ( my newest I got three weeks ago are now starting to slip too!) So don't get hung up on scales, go by clothes and how you feel! I am tall too - 6.2 1/2 so average weight etc isn't a guideline for me as such!!

six ft 2 and half! That's nearly a whole foot taller than me.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes cold ethyl......I come from good stock, dad was 6. 4 1/2 !!

my dad is tall as are all his siblings but my mum is quite small so I must have got her genes. I was really tall as a kid then hit puberty early and just stopped growing. I think now they should have done tests then as it seems obvious with hindsight that my endocrine system wasn't all it should be.