Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
@noblehead - seems to be all sorts of reasons from poor accuracy to failed adhesive. Complaints are that once a sensor fails and you contact Abbotts customer service, they can't supply new sensors as they have no supplies and no timescales for having any. Abbotts have gone totally silent on Twitter for the last couple of weeks and are no longer responding to trial users' tweets as they were early on. People have contacted customer services as late as this Friday and the staff still have no idea when it will be launched. People are now rumouring that Abbotts have totally underestimated the demand and know they won't cope with the launch or subsequent sensor demands and are putting it off. #frustrating is now being used in connection with this product and the lack of information from Abbotts. It doesn't bode well.

Thanks for the reply Smidge.

They'll always be teething problems in the initial stages, but not responding to users tweets is ridiculous and unprofessional, it's the trial users who are providing the feedback to others like ourselves who will decide on whether to ask our HCP's for this monitor. Hope Abbott get their act together and issue an apology and address the users concerns, for the good of all.

Reactions: 3 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Crikey I have never had a set come off stuck to my bum. Stomach and leg yes, but not bum.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Your bum triumphs over any and all challenges! :)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1412608234.764780.jpg

See, the glue sticks perfect, but in this case the cannula bit became detached!! Lol!

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The lines on bum are from where the tube presses against the skin!!

Reactions: 4 people

beanbear

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Pump
I called them today as chomping at the bit, the lady was lovely and said it will be within the next few days! Eeeeek!

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Thanks for the reply Smidge.

They'll always be teething problems in the initial stages, but not responding to users tweets is ridiculous and unprofessional, it's the trial users who are providing the feedback to others like ourselves who will decide on whether to ask our HCP's for this monitor. Hope Abbott get their act together and issue an apology and address the users concerns, for the good of all.

I emailed them the other day asking when it would be launched in the UK and available to public and they got back to me within half a day saying their webshop will be launched in the next few days. Okay she didn't give me an exact date but hopefully "the next few days" won't be long as I can't wait. My brother has trialled it in Germany and was thrilled how well it worked:)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I emailed them the other day asking when it would be launched in the UK and available to public and they got back to me within half a day saying their webshop will be launched in the next few days. Okay she didn't give me an exact date but hopefully "the next few days" won't be long as I can't wait. My brother has trialled it in Germany and was thrilled how well it worked:)

Thanks Kitty, that's good to know:)

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Still nothing ? I hope it's released for Xmas

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Just working with @Spiker on a letter to go to my CCG research and development department. Will post the contents of it when finalised tonight....will then adjust it to go to Chairperson of my CCG...may be something that others may consider doing? Based upon all type 1's...

Danaemac

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who think they know what you need before you do
Maybe he will pay for it for6 months too @Hooked :))

H

Hooked

Just working with @Spiker on a letter to go to my CCG research and development department. Will post the contents of it when finalised tonight....will then adjust it to go to Chairperson of my CCG...may be something that others may consider doing? Based upon all type 1's...
Sounds like a good idea, though I'd wait to see how well it works in practise before sending anything off.

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all!

I emailed Abbotts again today saying that I'd like to speak to my consultant about the libre tomorrow but am nervous about doing so because there is no sign of it and the timescale they said has come and gone with no news. They emailed straight back to say they are working towards releasing this month and are just being careful to make sure everything's in place.

Smidge

Reactions: 5 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Hi all!

I emailed Abbotts again today saying that I'd like to speak to my consultant about the libre tomorrow but am nervous about doing so because there is no sign of it and the timescale they said has come and gone with no news. They emailed straight back to say they are working towards releasing this month and are just being careful to make sure everything's in place.

Smidge

Have they also responded to people on Twitter?

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
This is their last tweet:
Abbott‏@AbbottNewsOct 6
@StressedDiabet EU countries of GER, FR, IT, NL, SP, SWE & UK will launch #FreeStyleLibre system within the month.

So within 'THE' month. I guess they have 20 days to get themselves sorted

I can't see the pages, but a month sounds good, lets hope they get on top of the teething problems and the monitor is a success.