Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
5.0 on waking up and after a breakfast of roast chicken (no skin) and an omelet, reading 2 hours later of 6.6

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
12.5 a little high again

Ally, are you keeping a record of those figures AND what you eat that accompanies those numbers? I'm getting the feeling they might waiver a bit if your routine alters.

You're obviously dedicated to this so I wouldn't worry if the trend has its occasional ups and downs, just as long as those "ups" continue to drop :) From what I've seen from you recently, you appear to be winning the battle.

good luck

Mike

Reactions: 7 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Found myself at 4,2 mmol on waking up today - if memory serves my lowest ever such count.

I know this is still in the healthy range but before such a reading would have given me a false low. Today I felt fine.

Fearing a liver dump if I went out on my morning walk from such a low starting point, I "forced" myself to have a satsuma mandarin before setting out.

Walk went really well as well, 5,3 km at an average pace of 8,51 minutes per kilometer. Anything below 9 is really fast for me; most days I do around 10 minutes per kilometer but today I wanted to test myself.

On my return glucose was 4,6 mmol so mission accomplished.

One happy bunny here! :)

Have a great day everyone and remember that the only person you have to better is the person you were yesterday.

Pavlos

Reactions: 11 people

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
5.1 seems to be settling in the 5s, bit like my weight @ 12st 2lbs for last 3 weeks , target weight 11 1/2 stone. I will get there just last few pounds taking a lot longer than I imagined.

Reactions: 8 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
5.1 seems to be settling in the 5s, bit like my weight @ 12st 2lbs for last 3 weeks , target weight 11 1/2 stone. I will get there just last few pounds taking a lot longer than I imagined.

Well done brother :) You're gonna have to give me some of YOUR tips about giving up the dreaded smokes. I know all the online advice, but I'm really inspired by what you've done and want to emulate it

JohnD54

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rice
Well done brother :) You're gonna have to give me some of YOUR tips about giving up the dreaded smokes. I know all the online advice, but I'm really inspired by what you've done and want to emulate it
@miked.
TIPS wish I had some to give you, I think it's just me being a little stubborn and the wake up call with Type2. My family have wanted and pestered me to stop for over 30 years, with not having any ill effects apart from a mini stroke 6/8 years ago and high BP, which was obviously nothing to do with cigs? My life has been good, T2 frightened me and I took the decision to try to control IT. So far so good on that front, got me to thinking the time had come to re-evaluate the cigs having decided it must BE done I have gone down the Ecig route and again so far so good. Working on 50% nicotine vapour for 5 weeks, 25% for next 5 weeks and see where I go from there.

I think the difference is that I have decided to do this and I will either win or fail, I love a challenge.

Anyway if you decide to stop I will gladly give you any help or support I can, I see we are of similar age, let's prove there's more life in us than some of the youngster might think lol.

Reactions: 5 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
4.9 today. Hopefully I have got this liver dump thing under control now. Am happy with this reading as following on from an earlier discussion about whether dreams affect morning levels, I had the most terrifying dream last night. I was in a wooden box and someone was boarding it up! Aaagh! So, it seems I managed to overcome last nights antics with a good reading this morning!

Have a good day all and remember, as quoted in last night's trust me I'm a doctor programme "Everything is impossible until someone does it!" Love that

Reactions: 8 people

Paulabetts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
meat selfish people slugs and snails
9.3 this morning

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 for me this morning, which is fine. My bloods have been a bit all over the place over the last few days, and I can’t decide if it’s purely the stress and upset (which is settling, thankfully – although the more photos I see, the bigger I realise our claims will be!), or whether all that’s gone on has led to an increased number of liver dumps. I guess it’s pretty moot, as the scores on the doors are the scores on the doors. I'm (mainly!) confident they'll drop back into line.

Anyway, today I have set myself the task of finishing this little frock I started making a few days ago. It’s been an interesting challenge in scale and texture, but I’m very happy with the finish I am achieving – so far! And, on the upside, I guess all that faffing around preparing the paper pattern is done, should I decide to do another. I actually have a pattern I’ve had for a little while for a cute top, and I have suitable fabric, so I think I’ll do that next.

Then, when my OH gets home, I’m going to do some proper tailoring. He’s such a great clothes horse, and it’ll be revisiting another skill I haven’t used for an age. Gladys, my tailor’s dummy, is a lady figure, so I need to have the man's body to hand, if I’m to fit it properly.

Get me, and all my re-awakened domestic styleeeeee creativity! Of course, it’s a great avoidance tactic to keep me from all sorts of other, less interesting, "stuff". There is sometimes method in my very personal madness.

Play nicely boys and girls. :)

Reactions: 3 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 - went to bed on 5.2 and stayed up till 3 am listening to a panel discussion on ebola. I know how to live.

Reactions: 5 people

Sallybear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.9 this morning. Not on the Canoglaflixin from today, so will see if this makes things go back up.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What time was the 5.6, and how long had you fasted before the reading?

The 5.6 was on waking at a disgusting 8-50am. Nothing to eat or drink except water from tea time, which started at 7pm. So no food for about 13.5 hours. This is normal for me as I've never snacked or eaten suppers. I'm not hungry.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The 5.6 was on waking at a disgusting 8-50am. Nothing to eat or drink except water from tea time, which started at 7pm. So no food for about 13.5 hours. This is normal for me as I've never snacked or eaten suppers. I'm not hungry.

I don't either. I was just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.