Status
Not open for further replies.

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
mamamodost: 668277 said:
Haywire dietary intake ..after two hours sleep ...emergency rush to hospital ..RiP Ian ...
On carb rush ...

So sorry, hope you're OK

Mandingo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some of my non diabetic ( or should I say as yet undiagnosed) friends find it hard to accept that I seem to like my eyes and toes more than I like bread and pasta. I only wish I'd had this discipline years ago but I think it's taken a diagnosis to really embrace what I'd known all along- carbs are not my friends.

I love this quote:

"I like my eyes and toes more than bread and pasta"

Reactions: 10 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
@Brunneria.... Hi - what's a peanut mug cake? How many carbs? Thank you...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Mandingo... I love my eyes and toes more than bread and pasta, too.... how cool... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
For lunch today I chopped green chilli, red pepper and onion and added it to a bowl with white crab meat, grated lime zest in and stirred in some mayonnaise with a little pepper and salt - I ate it on thin slices of home-made almond bread.... lush....I might squeeze in a little bit of lime juice next time... Chicken stew for supper with a whole boiled chicken, stock reduced and then all the low-carb veggies chopped and thrown in... chicken added to the bowl as I serve the broth... I hope my levels are down a bit later - poor sleep last night and it seems to push them up... :(

Reactions: 4 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For lunch today I chopped green chilli, red pepper and onion and added it to a bowl with white crab meat, grated lime zest in and stirred in some mayonnaise with a little pepper and salt - I ate it on thin slices of home-made almond bread.... lush....I might squeeze in a little bit of lime juice next time... Chicken stew for supper with a whole boiled chicken, stock reduced and then all the low-carb veggies chopped and thrown in... chicken added to the bowl as I serve the broth... I hope my levels are down a bit later - poor sleep last night and it seems to push them up... :(
Lunch sounds wonderful @Susikav! :) crab and peppers with mayo and lime and almond bread... loved your entry and most of the posts from the other members here too---my favourite thread from the forum so far xx

Reactions: 2 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Brunneria.... Hi - what's a peanut mug cake? How many carbs? Thank you...

Hi

Have a look at this thread. The mug cake recipe is in the list.

To make it peanutty or chocolaty, I cook it, as per recipe then dump a teasp of peanut butter on top, or a square of 70% cocoa solid choc (or both :happy:). They melt. Divine.

Sam1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast natural yogurt tbl sp seeds and berries
lunch small bowl of leftover pork casserole from last night (pork, onion and mushrooms)
Dinner paprika chicken, cauli broccolli and cabbage
snacks 2 cubes cheese and still to have pork scratchings.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breckfast was I slice of cheese on toast
Lunch .. Curry cupper soup and cuecumber sticks
Evening meal ... Collieflower,brockley pasta cheese bake thing, it also has leeks, mushroom & peppers in the cheese sauce on a bed of spring greens.
For supper I will have chocolate icecream, berries and almonds ...

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - blueberries and a peanut 9bar
L - salad and poached salmon
D - mackerel and salad with cheeses coleslaw followed by strawberries/raspberries and blackberries with cream

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Salmon mousse and coffee with cream
L: taramasalata (my new addiction) and kale crisps flavoured with cheddar and horseradish. Next time I will powder the cheese, rather than grating it.
D: crustless quiche and roast Mediterranean veg
Berries and cream, later

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B - blueberries and a peanut 9bar
L - salad and poached salmon
D - mackerel and salad with cheeses coleslaw followed by strawberries/raspberries and blackberries with cream

How are your 9bar investigations going? ;)

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How are your 9bar investigations going? ;)
OMG I bought a variety box from 9bar directly as I couldn't find any in my local supermarket. Then my mate found the peanut ones in Asda and brought them for me. I am in love these are the best thing since sliced bread literally!

The peanut ones hardly give me a rise, nor do the flax, the original or the Pumpkin ones. I've yet to try the fruity One yet but I am expecting that will give me a high rise cause of the fruit. The coco and raspberry indulgence ones are fab also nearly forgot them and about 0.5 of a rise. I think I have found my new chocolate bars!! I now always carry one with me where ever I go lol I think I'm addicted :)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OMG I bought a variety box from 9bar directly as I couldn't find any in my local supermarket. Then my mate found the peanut ones in Asda and brought them for me. I am in love these are the best thing since sliced bread literally!

The peanut ones hardly give me a rise, nor do the flax, the original or the Pumpkin ones. I've yet to try the fruity One yet but I am expecting that will give me a high rise cause of the fruit. The coco and raspberry indulgence ones are fab also nearly forgot them and about 0.5 of a rise. I think I have found my new chocolate bars!! I now always carry one with me where ever I go lol I think I'm addicted :)

My reaction is exactly the same! :happy:

Reactions: 2 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: porridge pot
Lunch: ham salad with an egg and small portion of coleslaw
Tea: four rashers of bacon and two stuffed mushrooms. Raspberries and Greek yoghurt, yum!
Snacks: 6 Brazil nuts; half a courgette

When I woke up this morning I felt OK for the first time in donkeys years :)

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Bad day Sunday over indulged

Today B&L was bacon egg & sausages

D som tam, few pork scratching, some durian chips
Nut ball

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast bacon scrambled eggs
Lunch heathy tuna and cheese savoury from deli - all I could taste was mayonnaise. Not nice.
Dinner out to cinema and rushing when got in so had slow cooker beef stew with swede and few carrots in it and tablespoon of peas and a very naughty frozen Yorkshire pudding. Did 25 minutes peddling 6.1 at 1hr. Hopefully lower at 2.

At 2hrs I got 7.2 ( yikes) 6.5 and 6.2 so I guess I'll take the 6.5. Interesting that the peak wasn't at 1hr which I'd sort of assumed it would be being a fast acting floury carb. Something to mark down as very rare treat.

5.7 at 3hrs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.