Zombie attack/end of the world

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haha I'm so glad I'm not the only one!! I watch "The Walking Dead" and think my first call would have to be pharmacies lol :)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OMG funniest post ever!! :hilarious:
I'm not deliberately running high just to avoid a zombie-hypo. Just think of the potential long term complications, how can you run from a zombie with dodgy eye-sight?

I reckon I'm raiding a local museum for a suit of armour and stocking up on AA and AAA batteries for the pump.

Ely should become an island again and I'll live in the cathedral with a good high vantage point to look out for approaching zombies. Anyone read Day of the Triffids? They go for the Isle of Wight in the end.

There's a barracks down the road as well, so I should be able to stock up on small arms and landmines.

It's also pretty fertile round here so The Good Life here I come.

And last thing, I'd be straight down to Addenbrookes, kidnap a surgeon and get him to teach me how to transplant a pancreas, should be a good supply available and we can practice on each other.

Reactions: 4 people

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I was going to fly to Scandinavia where it's got the cold bits, but also the insulin production plant from Novo, so we could have the best of both worlds. I'm sure they will have back up generators...
I'll offer my services as a translator.......as long as we could live somewhere mountainous so I could have the afternoon off to go skiing! :rolleyes:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Skiin, isn't that a bit dangerous?
Only if you're a zombie....:hilarious:
Skiing on the other hand is known to have its ups and downs! :D

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You're all forgetting that the To Do list would have to get much shorter, not longer. Skiing? Pancreas transplants? Kidnapping surgeons? I admire your tenacity, though. I think the zombies might come over to us.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
You're all forgetting that the To Do list would have to get much shorter, not longer. Skiing? Pancreas transplants? Kidnapping surgeons? I admire your tenacity, though. I think the zombies might come over to us.
YOLO!
image.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

LucySW

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You're all wonderful. I think about after the apocalypse all the time - ask my kids!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I shall have to dig out the serious academic paper I've got somewhere that models the spread of a zombie plague

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Does anyone ever watch zombie/end of the world type of films and think I'm screwed no more insulin! Haha I was watching a series called under the dome and someone can't get insulin so it can't be just me that thinks it!
I saw that - it was bloody daft - the women dies after about 2 days of no insulin - if she had died two years later it may have been a bit more believable. And it scared the willies out of a lady friend of mine after I'd forgotten to pack my long acting for a couple of days holiday :nailbiting:

Emmotha

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you seen the link at the end to his post on the dilemmas of being a Diabetic Vampire?
Saw that one lol. I have wondered if vampires would like the taste of sweet blood better. Being a diabetic vampire is a new one though. I think you would be cured though as technically vampires are dead / undead, they don't even need lungs let alone a pancreas. Wow I'm really thinking about this too much!

Hebe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Definitely the best posts in quite a while, it actually makes me quite sad I wouldn't have a fighting chance in a zombie apocalypse :D
Why do you want a cure for diabetes? To make surviving a zombie apocalypse easier!

Reactions: 5 people