Secret cure apparently!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just been looking on Facebook and there's a post on my news feed about a supposed cure.

I clicked on the link and it doesn't give much away about what it is or how it works but I was reading through the comments and apparently only a select few seemed to have had prior knowledge about it and had whatever it is delivered to them. It was all done through secret groups on Facebook so they say...

Has anyone else seen this?

Reactions: 6 people

KyleGreene70

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hopefully! Haven't seen anything yet, but they are definitely making progress. Let's have hope!

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Sounds like a scam.. If someone had a cure for type 1 they'd already have the Nobel prize for medicine.

Reactions: 8 people

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
I've seen a post on facebook recently where someone said pregnancy can cure any type of diabetes in women.Yeah righto_O. Maybe if it's gestational. It was impossible to convince this person that his "cure" doesn't work for all types of diabetes;). We left him to it...

Reactions: 2 people

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I read an article about a new discovery they've found about T cells and that seems promising but this Facebook thing I am not convinced at all. From what I gather it's from an American site and only a few people had access to it as the government (yawn) were keeping it secret blah blah blah we all know the story!

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
Yep I saw the report about the T cells as well. Maybe a step in the right direction to eventually find a cure:)

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Just been looking on Facebook and there's a post on my news feed about a supposed cure.

I clicked on the link and it doesn't give much away about what it is or how it works but I was reading through the comments and apparently only a select few seemed to have had prior knowledge about it and had whatever it is delivered to them. It was all done through secret groups on Facebook so they say...

Hi, this line says it all: - I clicked on the link and it doesn't give much away about what it is or how it works

Secret groups,? it's just to intrigue and to hook in the reader to look further into this so called claim :eek: or just very sad trolls, false claim more like :mad:

RRB :)

C

catherinecherub

People come on here with "cures". They are called scammers and they are after your money.

Charles Robin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Recently, doctors managed to make a paralysed man walk again. It made headlines around the world. A cure for diabetes would do the same if it was real.

Reactions: 8 people

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, this line says it all: - I clicked on the link and it doesn't give much away about what it is or how it works

Secret groups,? it's just to intrigue and to hook in the reader to look further into this so called claim :eek: or just very sad trolls, false claim more like :mad:

Well it's always worth a look if something says CURE, I didn't believe it was as rightly said it would make headlines but then again headlines in previous years have stated that certain foods like chips and coffee give you cancer so based on this, anything is worth a look

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I dont go on facebook but I do get a lot of spam emails often offering miracle cures for diabetes, odly all from the email address associated with this forum!! Admin take note!!

I normally just delete them but once just for fun I followed the links it was page after page of testaments to how this system cured diabetes but it never actually explained what the system was there were even long videos of people in white coats expounding on the virtues of the system again without saying anything about what it was about.

Eventually 45 minutes in I was presented with a page were I could buy a course guaranteed to cure my diabetes for only £99 or something, needless to say at that point I smiled, shook my head and closed my internet browser.

Anything that claims a cure for diabetes is a scam to take you money, buyer beware!!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

There's some exciting developments going on into stem cell research and the closed loop system that will deliver insulin as and when it is needed, but to date there's no such cures unfortunately, if they were then everyone would be shouting about it from the rooftops and it would make the headlines throughout the world.

Reactions: 5 people

Seriously_Sax1989

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah it's just sometimes nice to think for a split second that there could be something kept on the quiet...before realising you're hypo and head to the sugar container :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Well it's always worth a look if something says CURE, I didn't believe it was as rightly said it would make headlines but then again headlines in previous years have stated that certain foods like chips and coffee give you cancer so based on this, anything is worth a look

That's absolutely fine, SS, but until I hear it and see it on BBC News at 1pm, 6pm or 10pm , then I will still stand by my words. But that is my personakl choice only.

Live for a cure.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There's some exciting developments going on into stem cell research and the closed loop system that will deliver insulin as and when it is needed, but to date there's no such cures unfortunately, if they were then everyone would be shouting about it from the rooftops and it would make the headlines throughout the world.

EXACTLY ......... one day, one day :happy: :joyful:

Reactions: 4 people

SandyDee

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They are working on producing islet cells which can then be transplanted into diabetics (the next step up from the current islet cell transplants) which would make the transplants more available as they wouldn't have to rely on cell donations. It is coming, although it's not a cure as such.One day folks! One day! Look at how far it's come in the relatively short time since they first started treating with insulin. A 100 years ago it would have been a death sentence.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I dont go on facebook but I do get a lot of spam emails often offering miracle cures for diabetes, odly all from the email address associated with this forum!! Admin take note!!

I normally just delete them but once just for fun I followed the links it was page after page of testaments to how this system cured diabetes but it never actually explained what the system was there were even long videos of people in white coats expounding on the virtues of the system again without saying anything about what it was about.

Eventually 45 minutes in I was presented with a page were I could buy a course guaranteed to cure my diabetes for only £99 or something, needless to say at that point I smiled, shook my head and closed my internet browser.

Anything that claims a cure for diabetes is a scam to take you money, buyer beware!!

My teenager found something and came in to show me, the American individual, went on and on and on and on. I was saying a few little bits and we kept watching. Eventually I had enough, but said to my teenager,' it's a scam, all they want is money off of us'. and sure enough a price came up. With that, she tried to close the window and it wouldn't let her, then up popped another price that was even lower than before.:eek: Bargain eh :rolleyes: :banghead::facepalm: Bless her, as she wants a cure to be found as much as the rest iof us :angelic:

RRB

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Clever thing Facebook. I search for headlight bulbs/tyres/batteries on line & <BAM> they're in my news feed. even if its a search for technical specs...
I seem to get D stuff claiming reversal & cures all the time in the feed including blood meter offers. I also get "miracle" weight loss snake oil too.. Must be associated with anything D because i have never done searches for weight loss.. lol Maybe to do with the odd comment on this sites FB page??

The browser on my Windows laptop & my iPad seem to filter different adds that target the search profile i have noticed.. ;)
I recently bought a lovely new wireless SM58.. So now i get microphone offers thrown at me now!! :banghead:

@Robinredbreast ... sorry to trouble you. :p could you please scale down your "favourite things" pictures in yer signature.. I really love your posts but i always seem to be scrolling past my mums livingroom wall in order to get to the next comment... lol :cool:

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.