How much weight have YOU lost?

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Well done you. Lchf has helped me shed 2 stones and im at target weight now and never hungry. I eat so much!

I have lost 2stone 3lb since 25th of May just by cutting out sugars, potatoes, rice, pasta and changing my brand of bread and rationing to one slice per day. Missing my chocolate like mad though!!!!

alliebee

Well done you!! You don't have to give up chocolate though...try good quality dark chocolate 80% cocoa. 2 sq are only 4g of carb and so smooth and rich you don't need v much big squares too. I love the lindt one and Aldi do a moser roth brand that lots of people on here say is lovely as well as inexpensive..I tried a lovely orange flavour last week

Reactions: 2 people

alliebee

In the low carb recipe forum there is a recipe for chocolate mug cake that takes just 2 mins of cooking in the microwave..I put a sq of orange choc in the middle and the sponge cake has a lovely goey choccie centre. Have it with a dollop of extra thick cream. Next to no carbs
Also press search bar for thread called chocolate paradise. Lots and lots of low carb chocolate recipes including a nice mousse and chocolate truffles. All low carb!
Enjoy

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
In the low carb recipe forum there is a recipe for chocolate mug cake that takes just 2 mins of cooking in the microwave..I put a sq of orange choc in the middle and the sponge cake has a lovely goey choccie centre. Have it with a dollop of extra thick cream. Next to no carbs
Also press search bar for thread called chocolate paradise. Lots and lots of low carb chocolate recipes including a nice mousse and chocolate truffles. All low carb!
Enjoy

Many thanks, will have a look at that later, the mug cake sounds good. My problem is that if I have a square or two of any chocolate I will still want more so I choose to avoid it completely. Going to check if I have ingredients for a mug cake right now thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've lost about 1 stone since 14th Nov. Now at a more healthy 12st 2lb but still want to lose another stone.

Reactions: 4 people

msmi1970

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
started at 312 lbs on August 15th this year. 16 weeks in have lost exactly 40lbs. target is to get to around 200lbs or less within the next 12 months. really hope that is doable.

Reactions: 10 people

jack412

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lost a stone in 7 weeks, diet and gym, oddly my weight levelled off when i started using the weight machines, can you be 18st and fit as opposed to 18st and fat?
go by your gut measurement, it doesn't lie

Donna68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have lost 10 kilos in 9 weeks. (22 lbs or 1 stone 8 lbs). Not hungry - eating more. Only counting carbs not calories. Stay around 100g of carbs a day - including fruit, wholemeal bread, and chocolate in my diet. Potatoes only on special occasions (quite a few recently) no pasta, no rice. Drinks have had a radical change, low fat stuff discarded, and full fat in their place. Even had a sliver of chocolate fudge cake yesterday for my birthday. I'd be happy if I lost another 20-30 kilos by the end of 2015! Here we go.

Reactions: 9 people

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
35lbs since 22nd sept 14 ...lchf and weighing my meals , my hba1c down from 79 to 37 triglycerides from 3.1 to 1.58 my doc said....whatever your doing keep on doing it , you are now in the normal range for non diabetics 5.0 fasting 6.1 post dinner ::))

Reactions: 7 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been to see the DN this morning and have lost 7.6kg (just under 17lbs or 1st 3lbs) in 32 days (their scales). She was delighted :)

Weighed myself at home when I got back and the bathroom scales read 0.4 kilos more than than the surgery ones. BMI now 24.2, down from 26.7.

Donna68

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi vit90 - I found my bathroom scales say I'm heavier than the Dr's and I'm good with that - prefer it that way round.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been to see the DN this morning and have lost 7.6kg (just under 17lbs or 1st 3lbs) in 32 days (their scales). She was delighted :)

Weighed myself at home when I got back and the bathroom scales read 0.4 kilos more than than the surgery ones. BMI now 24.2, down from 26.7.

Losing a pound every other day is not really sustainable so I have ratcheted back the diet for now and am aiming for around 2000 calories per day average for the next 2 weeks, but that should, in theory, mean I will lose around 2lbs - over Christmas! It would be nice to get that BMI to under 24 by the New Year.

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost 30kg. From 98 to 68.

Excellent :) How long did it take?

I can claim about 20kg but only over 8 years! I was 100kg (on the surgery scales with cothes on) in 2006. I got this down to 88kg two years later and the same in mid-November this year and yesterday on the surgery scales again I'm 80.4kg. I definitely want to go down to 75kg and, if necessary I could go down to 70kg but I would be pretty scrawny by then :)

Are you Type 2? Has your weight loss improved your insulin sensitivity?

PS Saw on your profile you live in Japan - love Japan; have been there 7-8 times (from memory) and was there just back in August 2013 (Osaka, Kyoto, Tokyo and suburbs as well as the Mt.Fuji area). Presumably you like sashimi :) May be best avoiding the sushi?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oakbiz

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1419116713.371978.jpg

This was me pre diet. It took me 7 months from March to October. The most I weighed was 120kg at one point a few years ago. Actually at that time I had symptoms of type two but I didn't know that ! All I did to lose weight was stop drinking beer and walk a lot. Then I started to just not eat much at all. Then are a lot of junk one day and wham, I stated having all sorts of trouble until I collapsed in a sweaty unconscious heap. Tests and doctors and "it's type 2", and "lay off the junk" and so on. Now I'm being very careful but I'm still having night sweats and headaches and blurred vision here and there. So I'm following 1600cal per day diet and avoiding all that rice that I was fond of. I still need to stop this tinnitus!

I do like sashimi. Sometimes we order sushi and I have maybe one or two, and then just eat the fish off the others ☺️

My dad was massive. But he was diagnosed type 2 ( he never mentioned it until recently when I saw his photo so slim) a few years ago. I hadn't told them but then we confessed at the same time. Me living so far away and we hadn't wanted to worry each other.

Anyway, yes things are better but in Japan they use a lot of salt and sugar in things. Pre-diabetes (nicknamed Metabo here), is common and becoming a major problem here. Death by heart attacks, and stress related illness is high. So we have gone over to a japanese style diet. Give the western a miss for now

So, hi and thanks for answering me. Holidays soon. More walking time.

Sean.

Foxie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi, I've now currently lost 2st 9lb since 1st Oct.

My HBA1c in March was 98 and now in Dec reduced to 54. So happy with the LCHF eating plan. DN has reduced one of my metformin tabs to 3 x 500, and suggests if I carry on controlling my blood glucose as I'm doing with diet/exercise I could reverse the diabetes!

I'm back to see her in March 2015 fingers crossed that I've reduced it even more!

Foxie x

Reactions: 6 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
So far over 3 st (48,5 lbs) on LCHF and still working with the last 16-20 lbs, it's not always straight forward
weight loss M.png

Reactions: 8 people

modesty007

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Thats great , very well done ,your an inspiration :::)))
Thanks. Usually known for my hardcore LCHF less then 10 grams, but will emit that occasionally I have berries with double cream or to many nuts: My everyday healthy treat is delicious continental cheese.

Reactions: 5 people