1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

How much weight have YOU lost?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by Administrator, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Darwin195

Darwin195 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed on the 11th of this month and I got discharged from hospital on the 14th and in that Period I lost a stone and a half:) also I've started my football again and gym so hopefully get my fitness back to how it was.

• Like Like x 5
  2. vit90

vit90 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

in four days?! Or even13 or 17 days that sounds dangerous!

3. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Unfortunately, at diagnosis, lots of new T1s drop massive amounts of weight incredibly quickly. Bearing in mind they are often slim already, this can be one of the signals to test for T1. It can be quite a precarious situation, as the sugars are usually extremely high, along with the plummeting weight. Many new T1s seem to spend a few days in hospital, hooked up to insulin drips to rescue the situation.

Much as I hate T2, I'd far rather be T2 than T1. My personal brand of diabetes feels like "Diabetes Lite". Other T2s can be much more severely affected though, so don't think I'm ignoring the seriousness of it all.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Darwin195

Darwin195 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yes, When I went into hospital on the Sunday 11th January my sugar levels was 35.9. So I got moved in to a diabetic ward on the Monday morning and spend three days on the drip& started to do my injections my self on the Tuesday morning. However I was discharged Wednesday afternoon and weight loss was a symptom.

5. AndBreathe

AndBreathe I reversed my Type 2 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Good luck with it all Darwin. It's a steep learning curve, but there are some great, knowledgable T1s here who can help you along the way.

• Like Like x 2
  6. vit90

Wow! Amazing insight.

7. Jackthehat

Jackthehat Type 2 · Well-Known Member

my weight is upto 17st 7lb after shingles and xmas, pre xmas it was 17st 4lb, but im more on the leg press/weights at the gym than the cardio bikes/rowing/tradmill now. Wednesday I did 90 minutes gym the off to the new pool in Uttoxeter for some laps swimming, what the hell, might as well die fit as not!

BMi 32.8 according to the gym machine

• Like Like x 6
  8. Jackthehat

I did find out i sweated a lot more using wrist weights whilst on the recumbent bike, i only had the wifes (pink and 1kg/2.5lb each) so im getting some 2 x 2.5kg mens)

• Like Like x 2
  9. killerkaz

killerkaz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Ive lost 1stone 5Ibs since october last year, I started at 13st 1 and a half Ib, i wanted to be 12st by xmas, acheived that xmas week, my next goal is to be 11st by easter and after that 10st by sept when we go away. so far I am on target. my bs levels are between 4 and 7 pre and post meals (so far)

• Like Like x 4
  10. sanguine

sanguine Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I've got down fairly steadily from 90kg to around 70kg over the last 10 months (BMI about 31 > 24) and hopefully can stabilise about where I am now.

Weight.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  11. Jackthehat

11st?..... jeez, id be passed out by 15st.....

12. Jackthehat

Bmi is quoted tpp often, it is no real guide as it doesnt allow for stature, i.e. "big boned" vs slight

13. vit90

Total body fat is better but more difficult to get a precise measurement.

14. poohtiggy

poohtiggy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

May 2014 on diagnosis I weighed 13.3 today I am 11st exactly so very pleased, I'm still struggling with my chocolate addiction though but despite the odd nibble feel I'm doing ok

• Like Like x 5
  15. killerkaz

killerkaz Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well done you!! I am also a chocoholic but have managed to keep on the straight and narrow since xmas when I went totally overboard and stuffed my face stupid with the stuff. Actually made myself feel quite ill. Haven't touched it since. Good job I wasn't testing my blood sugar at the time I would probably have had a heart attack!

• Like Like x 2
  16. adrian207

adrian207 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Went to see Dietician this morning and got weighed in at 12st 4lbs, that's a 1st 10lbs loss since Nov 14th and I feel great for it.:happy::happy: According to the BMI chart I still need to lose about 1 st to be the right weight for my height of 5' 7". The range for me is 8st 7lb - 11st 8lbs.
    weight-chart-377.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    #256 adrian207, Feb 3, 2015 at 6:39 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  17. Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Very well done ::)) congratulations

• Like Like x 3
  18. adrian207

Cheers Clive, I'm well happy.:happy:

19. adrian207

If you can still lose weight whilst still munching on the odd choco bar, go for it girl. I wish i could. choco smilie.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  20. adrian207

I can't stop thinking about chocolate, when I'm out shopping, sat at home, everywhere, it's like a crazy love........................

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook