Forum posts on facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just wondered what your opinions are on diabetes uk reposting on Facebook?

For example, I know my mum has 'liked' the page on Facebook and therefore, even though she is not a member of this forum she can read our posts.

Maybe I'm just over thinking it ... But I would have preferred our discussions to be kept private

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 13 people

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
is it not only posts that the admin of the Facebook page decides can be shared...........so the admin picks out a few and shares them........?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Oh I didn't realise that but I hardly go on facebook ,tbh, just a peek now and then. I would rather my posts ( I don't know about other members ) stayed on here and any diabetes posts I make I would do it my self and therefore not intervened by others, I don't like that :mad: :eek: edited to say , I think I have been a little naive :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh I didn't realise that but I hardly go on facebook ,tbh, just a peek now and then. I would rather my posts ( I don't know about other members ) stayed on here and any diabetes posts I make I would do it my self and therefore not intervened by others, I don't like that :mad: :eek:
Glad it's not just me! I talk to you lot about more than I would with friends and family sometimes as you 'get it'

Reactions: 11 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Many social sites lurk:watching: and even when I want to try a trial or want to investigate more into a link, up pops twitter or facebook, or something else, that's when i stop :stop: it's a huge bug bear of mine. We should be asked if we want to shared, some are happy to, some are not :cool:

Reactions: 2 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I would not be happy about anything I post on here appearing on FB .

I prefer to have a choice as far as privacy goes, and if I wanted anything I wrote to be on FB, then I would post it there. I don't like FB and only have an account to keep in touch with overseas friends .

If posts or replies that I have made on here are shared on FB without my permission, then a choice has to be made as to which has to go :(

Signy

Reactions: 19 people
C

catherinecherub

It is always wise not to give out too much personal information to identify who you are and choose a forum name that does not identify you.

Will tag @Giverny as to her views.

Reactions: 4 people

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It is always wise not to give out too much personal information to identify who you are and choose a forum name that does not identify you.

Will tag @Giverny as to her views.

Good advice generally, but not really pertinent to this thread. It's the sharing of posts on this forum with FB or any other site for that matter, without knowledge and consent of the author that is the issue.

That is , if it is happening ( I have yet to check ), and consent is not given in the very small print somewhere when you sign up to this forum .

Signy

Reactions: 7 people

daniT1D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is what I saw on FB today
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1421936245.807896.jpg

But maybe I can read it as a member but others can't?

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I do not remember giving permission for any of my posts to be reposted on Facebook, unless it was hidden away in the small print I do not remember it being mentioned, I for one would be horrified for any of my posts to be reposted and will not post again until this is cleared up.

Reactions: 6 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
This is what I saw on FB today View attachment 11122
But maybe I can read it as a member but others can't?

Hmmm, I don't know, but I don't like it, hopefully someone will be able to answer that dani. I have posted on the mentioned thread and in my eyes it's for here only ( unless someone copies and pastes it) !!

Best wishes RRB

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@daniT1D thank you for starting this thread. I am not happy for my posts to be on FB. I don't like FB that's why I cancelled my account with them. Is this what we signed up to when we joined here? I may have to rethink my participation in this forum. Whilst I don't mind the whole world seeing what I have written here on the forum, I don't want to see it elsewhere on the net. Like @satindoll I shan't be posting again until I get an explanation. At the moment I am very angry. I and some friends of mine have had warnings for very small misdemeanours, then this huge thing happens? It makes a mockery of the rules and regulations.

It is not upsetting, it just want's clarifying for everyone's benefit.

I disagree - It is very upsetting. We all need to know so that we have the chance to leave this forum if this is going to continue. To me this is a massive breach of trust.

Reactions: 7 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@daniT1D thank you for starting this thread. I am not happy for my posts to be on FB. I don't like FB that's why I cancelled my account with them. Is this what we signed up to when we joined here? I may have to rethink my participation in this forum. Whilst I don't mind the whole world seeing what I have written here on the forum, I don't want to see it elsewhere on the net. Like @satindoll I shan't be posting again until I get an explanation. At the moment I am very angry. I and some friends of mine have had warnings for very small misdemeanours, then this huge thing happens? It makes a mockery of the rules and regulations.

I disagree - It is very upsetting. We all need to know so that we have the chance to leave this forum if this is going to continue. To me this is a massive breach of trust.

Lets find out first from Admin before jumping the gun about 'members wanting to leave' My own personal choice is :-
I am going to wait for a reply and go from there.

Best wishes RRB

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I'm shocked. i purposelly have not joined the group on facebook as there are people I would not want to know about my diabetes. I'm going to change my pic now just incase.

Reactions: 2 people

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lets find out first from Admin before jumping the gun about 'members wanting to leave' My own personal choice is :-
I am going to wait for a reply and go from there.

Best wishes RRB
I won't be posting anything else until we get a reply. Then I will read it very carefully and make a decision.

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.