How much weight have YOU lost?

Darwin195

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed on the 11th of this month and I got discharged from hospital on the 14th and in that Period I lost a stone and a half:) also I've started my football again and gym so hopefully get my fitness back to how it was.

Reactions: 5 people

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed on the 11th of this month and I got discharged from hospital on the 14th and in that Period I lost a stone and a half:) also I've started my football again and gym so hopefully get my fitness back to how it was.

in four days?! Or even13 or 17 days that sounds dangerous!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
in four days?! Or even13 or 17 days that sounds dangerous!

Unfortunately, at diagnosis, lots of new T1s drop massive amounts of weight incredibly quickly. Bearing in mind they are often slim already, this can be one of the signals to test for T1. It can be quite a precarious situation, as the sugars are usually extremely high, along with the plummeting weight. Many new T1s seem to spend a few days in hospital, hooked up to insulin drips to rescue the situation.

Much as I hate T2, I'd far rather be T2 than T1. My personal brand of diabetes feels like "Diabetes Lite". Other T2s can be much more severely affected though, so don't think I'm ignoring the seriousness of it all.

Reactions: 3 people

Darwin195

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Unfortunately, at diagnosis, lots of new T1s drop massive amounts of weight incredibly quickly. Bearing in mind they are often slim already, this can be one of the signals to test for T1. It can be quite a precarious situation, as the sugars are usually extremely high, along with the plummeting weight. Many new T1s seem to spend a few days in hospital, hooked up to insulin drips to rescue the situation.

Much as I hate T2, I'd far rather be T2 than T1. My personal brand of diabetes feels like "Diabetes Lite". Other T2s can be much more severely affected though, so don't think I'm ignoring the seriousness of it all.

Yes, When I went into hospital on the Sunday 11th January my sugar levels was 35.9. So I got moved in to a diabetic ward on the Monday morning and spend three days on the drip& started to do my injections my self on the Tuesday morning. However I was discharged Wednesday afternoon and weight loss was a symptom.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, When I went into hospital on the Sunday 11th January my sugar levels was 35.9. So I got moved in to a diabetic ward on the Monday morning and spend three days on the drip& started to do my injections my self on the Tuesday morning. However I was discharged Wednesday afternoon and weight loss was a symptom.

Good luck with it all Darwin. It's a steep learning curve, but there are some great, knowledgable T1s here who can help you along the way.

Reactions: 2 people

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my weight is upto 17st 7lb after shingles and xmas, pre xmas it was 17st 4lb, but im more on the leg press/weights at the gym than the cardio bikes/rowing/tradmill now. Wednesday I did 90 minutes gym the off to the new pool in Uttoxeter for some laps swimming, what the hell, might as well die fit as not!

BMi 32.8 according to the gym machine

Reactions: 6 people

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did find out i sweated a lot more using wrist weights whilst on the recumbent bike, i only had the wifes (pink and 1kg/2.5lb each) so im getting some 2 x 2.5kg mens)

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Ive lost 1stone 5Ibs since october last year, I started at 13st 1 and a half Ib, i wanted to be 12st by xmas, acheived that xmas week, my next goal is to be 11st by easter and after that 10st by sept when we go away. so far I am on target. my bs levels are between 4 and 7 pre and post meals (so far)

Reactions: 4 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
I've got down fairly steadily from 90kg to around 70kg over the last 10 months (BMI about 31 > 24) and hopefully can stabilise about where I am now.

Weight.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

Jackthehat

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bmi is quoted tpp often, it is no real guide as it doesnt allow for stature, i.e. "big boned" vs slight

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Total body fat is better but more difficult to get a precise measurement.

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
May 2014 on diagnosis I weighed 13.3 today I am 11st exactly so very pleased, I'm still struggling with my chocolate addiction though but despite the odd nibble feel I'm doing ok

Reactions: 5 people

killerkaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May 2014 on diagnosis I weighed 13.3 today I am 11st exactly so very pleased, I'm still struggling with my chocolate addiction though but despite the odd nibble feel I'm doing ok
Well done you!! I am also a chocoholic but have managed to keep on the straight and narrow since xmas when I went totally overboard and stuffed my face stupid with the stuff. Actually made myself feel quite ill. Haven't touched it since. Good job I wasn't testing my blood sugar at the time I would probably have had a heart attack!

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to see Dietician this morning and got weighed in at 12st 4lbs, that's a 1st 10lbs loss since Nov 14th and I feel great for it.:happy::happy: According to the BMI chart I still need to lose about 1 st to be the right weight for my height of 5' 7". The range for me is 8st 7lb - 11st 8lbs.
weight-chart-377.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you can still lose weight whilst still munching on the odd choco bar, go for it girl. I wish i could.
choco smilie.jpg

adrian207

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't stop thinking about chocolate, when I'm out shopping, sat at home, everywhere, it's like a crazy love........................