What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sable_Jan

I did take it back and got a refund. A woman in the queue said I should have asked for a replacement too, but it kind of put me off!
Would've put me off too. Glad you got your money back. If shop didn't make it themselves I hope they took it up with supplier.....

Reactions: 4 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has to have a FEW beans in it though mushrooms are nice addition instead

I'm not a lover of beans so don't miss them really, had mushrooms, peppers, onions, leeks and toms though - it was yum.

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 9bar
S - mini packet pork scratchings
L - cheese & onion crustless quiche with Mediterranean salad
D - lamb in mushroom gravy with cabbage and cauliflower it was yummy

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

I'm not a lover of beans so don't miss them really, had mushrooms, peppers, onions, leeks and toms though - it was yum.
I love beans, all sorts of beans apart from the broad beans (the ones that look like green butter beans)

Reactions: 2 people
S

Sable_Jan

Today, lets see if I can remember
Crust of freshly baked loaf with butter (wholemeal and wheatgerm) lots of butter :hungry: (5.4 to 5.8)
Dinner, erm, oh, yes - two frozen cauliflower grills with a pile of sprouts - forgot to test pre but was 6.2 at approx 2 hrs
Tea - broth with a little bit of mash on the side and half one of those mini crusty part baked rolls (baked obviously :D) 5.8 at about 2.5 hrs post
Snacks - erm, a peanut, popcorn dark choc bar, a handful of fruit & nuts, 3 squares of dark, sugar free chocolate

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Today, lets see if I can remember
Crust of freshly baked loaf with butter (wholemeal and wheatgerm) lots of butter :hungry: (5.4 to 5.8)
Dinner, erm, oh, yes - two frozen cauliflower grills with a pile of sprouts - forgot to test pre but was 6.2 at approx 2 hrs
Tea - broth with a little bit of mash on the side and half one of those mini crusty part baked rolls (baked obviously :D) 5.8 at about 2.5 hrs post
Snacks - erm, a peanut, popcorn dark choc bar, a handful of fruit & nuts, 3 squares of dark, sugar free chocolate
Were you ok eating bread? Twice?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I do my usual bodge. I have some silicon cake tins, one round, one square, both about 9 inches across (are those standard sizes?). And if I have any overflow, I bung it in a small silicon loaf tin because it fits on the oven shelf beside the others. ;)

I think the depth of the mix is most important - about 1.5 inches when raw. That means it cooks evenly (I use 180 degrees for 25 mins)
Thank you for that... There's no time to experiment with every single thing.. I love sage and onion stuffing in sausage meat.. Fresh sage and onion sautéed in butter is easy, but what to use as breadcrumbs? Or would a few matter? Maybe those Japanese ones?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Has to have a FEW beans in it though mushrooms are nice addition instead
I ate it with beans and it didn't spike me.. I was amazed... Someone said if you eat carbs with protein it isn't so bad as it slows the absorption?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Today I had vegetable quiche, one sausage, too small slices of almond and flax bread and coffee with cream.
Snack of one boiled egg and two peanut butter cookies, espresso with cream.
Absolutely no idea what the rest of the day will bring but I am going to the Eye Hospital to check my blurry vision issue... I am a bit nervous but I hear that the Syrian doctor is wonderful... Her name is Dr Sausan... Same as mine... :)

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I had vegetable quiche, one sausage, too small slices of almond and flax bread and coffee with cream.
Snack of one boiled egg and two peanut butter cookies, espresso with cream.
Absolutely no idea what the rest of the day will bring but I am going to the Eye Hospital to check my blurry vision issue... I am a bit nervous but I hear that the Syrian doctor is wonderful... Her name is Dr Sausan... Same as mine... :)
Good luck with your consult @Susikav, hope it turns out well xx

S

Sable_Jan

Were you ok eating bread? Twice?
I'm ok with the one slice for breakfast but my testing does tell me if I've cut it a little too thickly. The roll was one of the tiny ones about 4inches/10cms long and I only had half of one. I've found I can't eat two slices of bread/toast in one sitting but one breakfast and one lunch would be ok as my body has by then dealt with the first one. By ok, I mean a rise of less than 2 from pre to post readings. Lots of butter does seem to help greatly ;)

Last edited:
S

Sable_Jan

Thank you for that... There's no time to experiment with every single thing.. I love sage and onion stuffing in sausage meat.. Fresh sage and onion sautéed in butter is easy, but what to use as breadcrumbs? Or would a few matter? Maybe those Japanese ones?
I just leave out breadcrumbs but mayb a little couscous being lower GI/GL (I think - need to check) or just beaten eggs.....
EDIT - or maybe some of the dried soya mince to help the texture - stirred in dry possibly - @Brunneria s breakfast slab does include minced beef so possibly an option

Last edited:
S

Sable_Jan

I ate it with beans and it didn't spike me.. I was amazed... Someone said if you eat carbs with protein it isn't so bad as it slows the absorption?
Yes, I read that the other day too. I'm not too bad with beans, even dried peas made into pea soup

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all, have been off for a while as we went on holiday for a couple of weeks. Kept low carb apart from:
- lots of champagne at a wedding, and wedding cake. Not proud of myself.
- one small bowl of chips the day after the wedding as I had a crashing hangover.
- one fish-and-chips meal.
- one dessert of churros with chocolate. Felt all weird afterwards so will not be doing that again in a hurry.
At the end of it I was the same weight (well 100g down) so ok all things considered. It did, again, make me wonder how I ever managed to eat what I used to eat.

Today: breakfast was 2 boiled eggs, a couple of slices salami, a bit of cheese.
L: mince with veg, served with sautéed Savoy cabbage. Some
Pistachios.
D: bbq: 3 sausages, halloumi, onion, salad, avocado, Mayo.

Reactions: 11 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, have been off for a while as we went on holiday for a couple of weeks. Kept low carb apart from:
- one small bowl of chips the day after the wedding as I had a crashing hangover.
- one dessert of churros with chocolate. Felt all weird afterwards so will not be doing that again in a hurry.
At the end of it I was the same weight (well 100g down) so ok all things considered. It did, again, make me wonder how I ever managed to eat what I used to eat.

Pistachios.

Nice to see you back :)

S

Sable_Jan

Pistachios.

Mmmm, thought I'd replied - maybe it is left lurking on the phone App and didn't send. Love your Life of Brian username btw.

cut yourself some slack about the champagne and wedding cake - weddings don't come around every day of the week - and it sounds like you paid the price :hungover::hungover::hungover: - and the dessert too taught you that your body doesn't like it so as you say, not doing that again. You kept low carb the rest of the time so well done there - can't be easy on holiday when you aren't doing your own cooking

Don't know what halloumi is but the rest of your food was great :playful:

Reactions: 6 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good luck with your consult @Susikav, hope it turns out well xx
Good afternoon from sunny Riyadh...Thank you for your kind thought... I have been to the consultant and she tells me there is no damage to my retinas at all! :singing::happy::joyful:
I am typing this with my face right next to the screen - I can's see much, my pupils are huuuuuge... I look like a bush-baby! I am so relieved... I have been doing so much research and spending so much time on my laptop since I was diagnosed that I've given myself dry eye, which blurs your vision... :rolleyes:

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Good afternoon from sunny Riyadh...Thank you for your kind thought... I have been to the consultant and she tells me there is no damage to my retinas at all! :singing::happy::joyful:
I am typing this with my face right next to the screen - I can's see much, my pupils are huuuuuge... I look like a bush-baby! I am so relieved... I have been doing so much research and spending so much time on my laptop since I was diagnosed that I've given myself dry eye, which blurs your vision... :rolleyes:
Still not nice but lots of relief that its nothing 'serious' apart from not being able to see too well. Those drops sting like mad when they put them in to open your eye up don't they......

Status
Not open for further replies.