What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello All Could I ask do any of you eat bread as I have stopped eating bread and pastry etc all things with flour But I do the norm of bacon, egg, mushroom but sometime I would just like a bacon butty (yummy) it just has to be white bread LOL :)

I can manage a slice of spelt bread without any rise - I'd be surprised if any of us manage white bread without a spike especially two slices for a butty.

Reactions: 4 people

Adelle0607

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im in Japan :)

B: grilled salmon and poached egg, cabbage salad with mayo sesame dressing, miso soup, handful of nuts, green tea, 3 cubes of apple, strawberries, thin slices of gyudon (beef)

L: 4 pieces of sushi and green tea

S: acai berry bowl with blueberry and yogurt with a few slices of banana

D: deep fried chicken with cheese stuffing, cabbage salad and miso soup, tsukemono (pickled vegetable radish and garlic)

D2: broccoli and squid salad with pesto, Japanese style Niçoise salad, packet of nuts, small orange segments, 2 cubes of pineapple

S: nuts (almonds, cashew and macadamia) and green tea

They seem a lot but the servings are tiny and served in small plates. Theres a lot of variety so it doesn't get too boring and you get to eat fruit but in small quantities.

Reactions: 11 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

B: grilled salmon and poached egg, cabbage salad with mayo sesame dressing, miso soup, handful of nuts, green tea, 3 cubes of apple, strawberries, thin slices of gyudon (beef)

D: deep fried chicken with cheese stuffing, cabbage salad and miso soup, tsukemono (pickled vegetable radish and garlic)

D2: broccoli and squid salad with pesto, Japanese style Niçoise salad, packet of nuts, small orange segments, 2 cubes of pineapple

They seem a lot but the servings are tiny and served in small plates. Theres a lot of variety so it doesn't get too boring and you get to eat fruit but in small quantities.

Soooo envious :happy:

S

Sable_Jan

Hello All Could I ask do any of you eat bread as I have stopped eating bread and pastry etc all things with flour But I do the norm of bacon, egg, mushroom but sometime I would just like a bacon butty (yummy) it just has to be white bread LOL :)
I do eat toast for breakfast but normally just one medium thick slice of homemade (pkt with extras ;)) and lots of butter on it. Usually just under 2.00 up from pre breakfast reading. The only way you will know if you can "get away with it" is to test pre and post as no doubt you are doing anyway. Just try ONE slice with extra bacon than you would normally have on it. NO sauce cos that will skew the figures - test just bacon butty to start with and add sauce once you know what the butty does to you (if spike allows it)

pamK

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for replies will give it a try Wooooooo bacon butty :)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Soooo envious :happy:

What she ^^^^^^ said!!

Reactions: 6 people

pavlovsdog

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
B: ran out of berries, oh no! :-o. Just had yoghurt and a coffee with cream
L: chicken, celery, baby toms, cheese coleslaw.
D: might have pork steaks if I can be bothered; I'm not very hungry atm though
Snacks: eat natural bar and a handful of almonds

Reactions: 3 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - breakfast balls
L - bacon & leek crustless quiche with a tomato & onion salad
D - bacon, mushrooms, Tomatoe, 2 x 98% sausages and a poached egg
S - pork scratchings

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast - usual butter with a slice of toast ;)
Dinner - a fritatta of sorts, not as good as others I've made but bs went down by 0.1 :joyful:
Tea - fish, chips and mushy peas - regular sized this week and still left half the chips
Snacks - 2 sugarfree digestives, think that's it - apart from a nibble at the rest of the fritatta in the pan.

Probs have a soya latte later - bedtime-ish - still time for more snacks

Reactions: 2 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I used up the leftover barley pilaff from yesterday with some leek and courgette to make an absolutely disgusting soup which Mrs B bravely sampled but half of it went straight down the drain :***: I believe that's the first real dud I've served up in 25 years.
The good news is that I had a full bowlful and it didn't spike me at all :woot:

Reactions: 10 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used up the leftover barley pilaff from yesterday with some leek and courgette to make an absolutely disgusting soup which Mrs B bravely sampled but half of it went straight down the drain :***: I believe that's the first real dud I've served up in 25 years.

Just bung in curry paste
And garlic
And cream

Works miracles! ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Not a total disaster then :joyful:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Just bung in curry paste
And garlic
And cream

Works miracles! ;)
It was already over-curried and I accidentally put in three times too much turmeric and unfortunately Mrs B can't abide cream or creamy things (except ice cream, oddly). Some things you just have to admit defeat over.

Reactions: 3 people

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
B: linseed porridge
L: salmon, feta, cucumber, sunflower seed salad
D: chicken, spinach and squash curry with cauli rice.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
It surprised me rather too. Best way is to test it, see what happens....I'm surprised how little jam and marmalade can still be tasty - used to dollop it on...
I completely agree - I have a tsp of black cherry jam on my almond bread and some kind of butter as a treat now... lush... I used to pile it on too... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I haven't quite perfected my bread but I will post it later - you could carry on tweaking it of course.. It's nice toasted too and has more 'structure' than ones I've made before...

Status
Not open for further replies.