Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
I would like to nominate the poofs next door for allowing their Laylandi to get out of control (as it does) and block our view.

upload_2015-2-1_10-46-1.png

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
Thanks for not picking up on my spelling mistake :) I've just googled Mt Gibraltar and it's gorgeous, you deserve better from your view!!

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Ms Pipp

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the hire of the aforementioned vehicle, we can confirm that said vehicle is available for the time period that you have stated. Upon receipt of your £1000 deposit the vehicle will be allocated to you and Ms Brunneria. Of course we are legally bound to point out that Thelma and Louise is a fictional tale and we accept no responsibility for police chases incurred during the hire of this vehicle

A refundable deposit would be acceptable. But I bet you would say we had scratched the paintwork or dropped porky scratchings or left dog hairs or paw prints on the upholstery or some such minor misdemeanour so you could keep our money.

Yup I think you are the neighbour you described in post #1595.
;)

semiphonic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ignorant people, diabetes!
A refundable deposit would be acceptable. But I bet you would say we had scratched the paintwork or dropped porky scratchings or left dog hairs or paw prints on the upholstery or some such minor misdemeanour so you could keep our money.

Yup I think you are the neighbour you described in post #1595.
;)

I'm outraged that you would assume I would do such a thing, and thusly deem me so unscrupulous. We would, of course, take stock of all pre existing damage.

You also said something about a neighbour, I didn't hear it as my music is playing at full pelt while I service a motorbike engine in my front room. My three piece suite is in my front garden.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello, anybody here, what's this a note from the MIL's "Gone to the pub, back at closing time", mind the place is spotless, and I know they've not had much trade lately but blidge me, well I'll just leave my gripes in the suggestion box and they can attend to them when they get back,

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a MIL so happy to stand in for the matriarchal lot till closing time.

I am a novice MIL though.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yay, @satindoll
With your original avatar!
Now, who has been causing grief enough for a spell in 101?

You mean apart from the usual suspects, oh just the power company again, remember when last year they poopood my suggestion they replace the mains cable, well it went again last week, not us but the neighbour in the corner house, anyway they left a flaming great hole and the neighbour went nose over buttock and has a sprained wrist, and we did get a power out last night in the storm with water laying at the bottom of the hole, anyway they have filled it in but have left mud all over the road, which as you can imagine is disgustingly stinky.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am a MIL so happy to stand in for the matriarchal lot till closing time.

I am a novice MIL though.

For this lot I think MIL's with a few years experience would be a better option, as we know how sneaky some of these companies are, they will blind you with gobbledegook if they can, but then again it may be a good learning experience for you, perhaps if you watch how the others do the looks and get just the right tone of voice, mmmm

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You mean apart from the usual suspects, oh just the power company again, remember when last year they poopood my suggestion they replace the mains cable, well it went again last week, not us but the neighbour in the corner house, anyway they left a flaming great hole and the neighbour went nose over buttock and has a sprained wrist, and we did get a power out last night in the storm with water laying at the bottom of the hole, anyway they have filled it in but have left mud all over the road, which as you can imagine is disgustingly stinky.

Chuck em in.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For this lot I think MIL's with a few years experience would be a better option, as we know how sneaky some of these companies are, they will blind you with gobbledegook if they can, but then again it may be a good learning experience for you, perhaps if you watch how the others do the looks and get just the right tone of voice, mmmm

I have had a very long apprenticeship with a master MIL.
(Who most certainly should never be released from 101, not even for a shandy down the pub)!

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Chuck em in
I have had a very long apprenticeship with a master MIL.
(Who most certainly should never be released from 101, not even for a shandy down the pub

Well, you passed the not listening to feeble excuses test no problem, and your MIL has taught you well she should be proud of you, I didn't look in the MIL's room maybe she's in there, maybe they left her behind, shall we have a look, I did hear some faint snoring sounds, ermm exactly how scary is she????

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, you passed the not listening to feeble excuses test no problem, and your MIL has taught you well she should be proud of you, I didn't look in the MIL's room maybe she's in there, maybe they left her behind, shall we have a look, I did hear some faint snoring sounds, ermm exactly how scary is she????
Very scary in her day. A smiling assassin!

Still complicated at 85, with dementia. Queen of the care home. Nobody dares to challenge her authority.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Very scary in her day. A smiling assassin!

Still complicated at 85, with dementia. Queen of the care home. Nobody dares to challenge her authority.

My ex MIL was the same, bless her, she too had dementia and a tartar till the day she died, and I still admire her to this day.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't visited this thread for a long time. But this organisation is so useless and inefficient and unhelpful!

The student loan company.

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, @zand I agree.

I am having no end of trouble convincing them I have reached an age when I no longer have to pay back loan.

They had all my documents , birth certificate etc, so they know how old I am, yet still keep sending me demanding letters for increasing amounts.

I would like to keep them out of 101 , just a few more days to give them chance to sort it out. Then throw all the nasties of 101 at them.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well good luck with that Pipp! My son only wants a statement (like he's supposed to get annually when he has started repaying the loan) He has never had one! Grrrrrrrrrrr. And yes the address is correct, he always used this one as his correspondence address even when he was at Uni.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ok, they had their chance. Student loans companies are in.
Kept sending me invoices. I reminded them I am beyond age where I have to pay. Nice letter from one dept agreeing stating loan cancelled. All good. Next day, invoice and demand for cash from bank account.