Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
I just made my first oopsies....:singing: I have a ham and cheese sandwich in my hand... bliss...

Reactions: 7 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Were they easy to make? how many carbs are in them?
Hi Jilly - they are super-easy to make... One of the guys posted the recipe not long ago... I put it on my desktop and must have closed it and lost it after I made them, but I can remember how to do it... :) You might want to look back on the posts and see if you can find it... or maybe someone will re-post just in case... I shouldn't think there'd be any carbs to speak of in there, but don't know....
3 eggs;
100gms (3.5oz) of cream cheese;
1/2 tbsp milled flax, or other fibre (optional);
1/2 tsp baking powder (optional);
salt to taste...
Whisk the egg-whites till really stiff;
Cream the cheese and egg yolks together;
Stir in flax and BP if using;
I added shelled hemp seeds and it worked well.. you can sprinkle seeds on the top too... sesame, poppy or something... I'm going to stir in some herbs next time too... :)
Oven on 150 degrees; it makes 6 or 8 - if your baking tray is not no-stick it might be best to butter or oil it - bake for about 20-25 minutes till golden...
I hope that's right... :) If it is, enjoy... I've made dozens of 'breads' and this is the best - a bit like white bread...

Reactions: 4 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 14.14.08.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 14.14.08.png
    120.9 KB · Views: 379
Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 14.20.30.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-01 at 14.20.30.png
    298.7 KB · Views: 345

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Poached eggs for breakfast, coffee with cream (oh I am so enjoying cream in my coffee!!). Lunch will be cream of cauliflower soup, modified to leave out the potato and is just as good. Might have some strawberries and cream for afters. Low carbing is not as difficult as I thought and I am starting to lose weight, BG levels are coming down and I have more energy.

Reactions: 8 people
S

Sable_Jan

B: Microwave bun with Roquefort and avocado
Snack was vanilla and 85% chocolate strat cake with cream
L: Three crustless mini-quiches
Goan fish curry with cauliflower and another piece of strat cake... Thank goodness my husband gets back tonight and will finish it off and save me from myself.... ;)
Must try those buns again - I'm sure I did something wrong though quite what I don't know.... am thinking my chocolate cake may best made in bun cases so that it cooks through quickly as the outside did rise nicely. Still going to try the adjustments as well though. Better portion control if in individual cases too despite it not spiking - don't want choc cake on my hips when I start wearing my jeggings again....

S

Sable_Jan

@Sable_Jan
I've noticed that I tolerate wholewheat flour in baking ("Portion control being the key") quite well lately.

I bake bread, cakes and my favourite steam pudding with wholemeal flour and I use Splenda as a sweetener.

1 slice of Homemade bread toasted with breakfast is fine, if I ate 1 slice later on in the day, it would definitely spike me.
Isn't that strange - I can tolerate MORE bread later in the day but just one homemade slice at breakfast.... again shows how different we all are. nice to be able to eat toast be it just one slice - I feel for those who can't ... hard when you need to make breakfast quickly and don't have time to stand cooking - I certainly haven't the time

S

Sable_Jan

I just made my first oopsies....:singing: I have a ham and cheese sandwich in my hand... bliss...
Almost, almost had a ham butty for my dinner - was pooped after doing a load of shifting and cleaning in the living room but guess what....despite fresh bread sat there ready for slicing and freezinf for my daughters dinners or my one toast breakfasts, I cut up the last of my mushrooms, chopped a couple of vine tomatoes, fried them, beat two eggs, poured over then grated a pile of mild cheddar and cooked til browned and tasty and boy was it good - don't think the ham butty would have been half so tasty (does this make up for all my digestives with hazelnut butter and cream ;)

and @Susikav , record it and move on ;) we all deserve an "oopsie" now and again..... :joyful:

S

Sable_Jan

Hi Jilly - they are super-easy to make... One of the guys posted the recipe not long ago... I put it on my desktop and must have closed it and lost it after I made them, but I can remember how to do it... :) You might want to look back on the posts and see if you can find it... or maybe someone will re-post just in case... I shouldn't think there'd be any carbs to speak of in there, but don't know....
3 eggs;
100gms (3.5oz) of cream cheese;
1/2 tbsp milled flax, or other fibre (optional);
1/2 tsp baking powder (optional);
salt to taste...
Whisk the egg-whites till really stiff;
Cream the cheese and egg yolks together;
Stir in flax and BP if using;
I added shelled hemp seeds and it worked well.. you can sprinkle seeds on the top too... sesame, poppy or something... I'm going to stir in some herbs next time too... :)
Oven on 150 degrees; it makes 6 or 8 - if your baking tray is not no-stick it might be best to butter or oil it - bake for about 20-25 minutes till golden...
I hope that's right... :) If it is, enjoy... I've made dozens of 'breads' and this is the best - a bit like white bread...
Ah, I thought "Oopsies" meant you had succumbed to a real bread treat...... :oops::oops:

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - salmon & brocoli quiche
L - piri piri chicken with salsa, guacamole and sourcream using Lettice as the wrap... It was so yummy I am having it for lunch tomorrow as well
D - 2 x 98% sausages, poached egg, 2 x bacon and mushrooms followed by sugar free jelly and cream

Reactions: 4 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B mushrooms with chorizo slices and a boiled egg
L cheesy cabbage with mustard & cream and 3 slices of bacon
D homemade burger with cheese and some salad, jelly

Hba1C results tomorrow, I'm sure in for a telling off!

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poached eggs for breakfast, coffee with cream (oh I am so enjoying cream in my coffee!!). Lunch will be cream of cauliflower soup, modified to leave out the potato and is just as good. Might have some strawberries and cream for afters. Low carbing is not as difficult as I thought and I am starting to lose weight, BG levels are coming down and I have more energy.
Such good news... how happy you must be - not least with the cream in your coffee... Cauliflower and almonds are wonderful... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B mushrooms with chorizo slices and a boiled egg
L cheesy cabbage with mustard & cream and 3 slices of bacon
D homemade burger with cheese and some salad, jelly

Hba1C results tomorrow, I'm sure in for a telling off!
Good luck with your HeebieJeebies test... :) I'm sure it will be brilliant... How is everything else with you?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Must try those buns again - I'm sure I did something wrong though quite what I don't know.... am thinking my chocolate cake may best made in bun cases so that it cooks through quickly as the outside did rise nicely. Still going to try the adjustments as well though. Better portion control if in individual cases too despite it not spiking - don't want choc cake on my hips when I start wearing my jeggings again....
:hilarious: Which chocolate cake do you make? I have a chocolate breakfast cake recipe - is it that one? The 'All Day I Dream About Food' site is the best of them all I think - can't remember if that's where it came from... That lady low-carbs in her sleep as well I reckon.... :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That looks so good, going to get my bake on this weekend :)
:) Try looking at the 'All Day I Dream About Food' site... the lady low-carbs for the universe... she's good - even tells you how to make sticky toffee pud - with the caramel sauce... :joyful: She is amazing...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Almost, almost had a ham butty for my dinner - was pooped after doing a load of shifting and cleaning in the living room but guess what....despite fresh bread sat there ready for slicing and freezinf for my daughters dinners or my one toast breakfasts, I cut up the last of my mushrooms, chopped a couple of vine tomatoes, fried them, beat two eggs, poured over then grated a pile of mild cheddar and cooked til browned and tasty and boy was it good - don't think the ham butty would have been half so tasty (does this make up for all my digestives with hazelnut butter and cream ;)

and @Susikav , record it and move on ;) we all deserve an "oopsie" now and again..... :joyful:
:) Thank you Sable dear... always so understanding... :) I used a recipe posted by, er, um, one of the chaps last week... 3 eggs, cream cheese, little flax and BP and salt... baked in little piles till they look like little golden oopsies... :) I slathered one with butter and one with English mustard and put cream cheese and ham in it... ham sandwich!! Amazing... You'd never guess it was a sort of baked omelette... I am going to leave out the salt and give them to my husband as pancakes with his maple syrup... :) so much better for him... You did well to cook instead of making a sandwich... you must have been tired too... :angelic:

Status
Not open for further replies.