Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madusmacus

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
God knows - I was using a Freestyle Libre - its so **** (IN MY OPINION) bordering on a scam(IN MY OPINION)

Last sensors where
1) Broken - readings over 2 hours droped in a line from 6MMOL to 1MMOL (abbot replaced it) oh joy!
2) Ok'ish for 5 days - but last 9 days flat lined on 4MMOL
3) Reads 2 MMOL to high and its very suceptable to movement of my arm :¬(

Never pricked my fingers so much since getting (and SMASHING IT UP).
This is rubbish tech - Be careful people - its your life

OK rant over proper reading was 5.4 on waking (2 meters 3 strip per meter average)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 7 people

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
God knows - I was using a Freestyle Libre - its so **** (IN MY OPINION) bordering on a scam(IN MY OPINION)

Last sensors where
1) Broken - readings over 2 hours droped in a line from 6MMOL to 1MMOL (abbot replaced it) oh joy!

Never pricked my fingers so much since getting (AND SMASHING IT UP).

OK rant over proper reading was 5.4 on waking (2 meters 3 strip per meter average)
The 2 sensors I used worked ok.

Reactions: 4 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Last sensors where

I use Freestyle light and am perfectly happy with it.

Reactions: 2 people

Lexa_x

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been around 11 all day. Cold is getting worse. Had it over a week now. Bgs been high all week :(:grumpy:

S

Sable_Jan

Been around 11 all day. Cold is getting worse. Had it over a week now. Bgs been high all week :(:grumpy:
Get yourself tucked up in bed early tonight then..... Olbas oil on a tissue by the bed...... hot lemon drink, paracetamol and maybe a touch of whisky..... ;)

Reactions: 5 people

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had two of those today too. 5.3 pre and post breakfast can't remember what dinner was now but also a flatline :)
I can stay pretty level if my readings are on the high side, but no joy if I get down to low 6s let alone 5s. I sometimes think my body must be happy at these higher levels - but I'm certainly not! :eek:

So well done you!

Robbity

vit90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bet that made you happy... :)

Did 5.6 miles brisk walking this afternoon, in less than an hour :) 370 calories according to this new app I'm trying. 6,600 steps, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

Merrylizard1314

Did 5.6 miles brisk walking this afternoon, in less than an hour :) 370 calories according to this me app I'm trying. 6,600 steps, too.
You may find you get more pleasing results if you alternate fast and medium pace throughout the time. I have found that this does not usually result in that higher reading after exercise that I used to get when going gung-ho at the same brisk pace for the whole hour or so that I was walking.
Well done, for exercising anyway. Got to be better than not!

Reactions: 10 people
S

Sable_Jan

I can stay pretty level if my readings are on the high side, but no joy if I get down to low 6s let alone 5s. I sometimes think my body must be happy at these higher levels - but I'm certainly not! :eek:

So well done you!

Robbity
Strange isn't it......
Thank you :)
Breakfast was choc chia seed pudding so no carbs to speak of......dinner leek and broccoli fritatta which did have peas and chick peas but I seem to be OK with a few of those......

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Hi clivethedrive.toe not to good & daughter says it smells rotten.
We just have to wait & see
How awful for you... :( What does the doctor say? Please take care...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...

Last sensors where

You are right about the Freestyle rubbish M... I was forced to buy one of their meters once and the readings were so high my husband threw it in the bin with all the strips, because I was so upset at the numbers... horrid things.... but who can you report them to?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ahhh.... always the way... better soonest.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.