Not open for further replies.

KateA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Meat and now sugar and carbs!!!
Maybe the 8.5 was a rogue reading .... dodgy strip, dirty hands etc... I guess if you are short of strips you wouldn't have retested
I did retest, using the other hand and it was 8. It is puzzling me. It could be something on the hand towel, I do wash my hands in the kitchen prior to testing and do cook 'normal' food for my son and friends. There is a Victoria Sandwich sitting in the fridge which I made this week. I haven't even been tempted. I am hoping it is just a blip and have to keep on track.

Reactions: 2 people

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I ask where people buy Pork Scratchings from (the Posh ones specifically). I was hungry yesterday and looked for some in the supermarket for a snack but couldn't find any!

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Can I ask where people buy Pork Scratchings from (the Posh ones specifically). I was hungry yesterday and looked for some in the supermarket for a snack but couldn't find any!

As with most of my stuff Amazon, but they are expensive, need to check daily for price reduction, just add to your wish list and check, hope that helps :)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1429208780.028625.jpg

Or from these other establishments..lol Harrods

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B omelette again, getting better but still not to Spencer's standard
L slice of burgen toasted with Philadelphia and 1/2 an avocado topped with fresh tiger prawns
D Doner Kebab no pitta, jelly

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Greek yoghurt with sunflower seeds and hazelnuts. Tea with cream. 3 homemade Ginger Almond biscuits - only 1 carb each:)

Lunch: unusually for me I didn't feel at all hungry so just ate some more yoghurt with a chopped kiwi fruit.

Dinner: lamb's liver with onions and mushrooms in gravy. Cauliflower Mash with butter. I was very hungry and only realised later when I did the maths that I ate 9 carbs of onion and 9 carbs of cauli Why do onions have to have so many carbs??? Darn root veg!

2 more ginger biscuits. Tea with cream.

A total of 45 grams of carb so under my 50 grams per day target.
:)

If you are anything like me, it is less about the number of carb grams, and more about how quickly they are dumped into the bloodstream.

So if you eat 10 g of carbs in fibrous veg, you'll see much less impact than 10g in white bread.

I use this a lot!

Reactions: 4 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Breakfast
Not eaten much today, managed to fit in 3 x ryvita crackerbreads 3.9g each with cottage cheese and some nice greeky yoghurt and fresh strawberries.TC 20g :(

Evening meal
was on the go all day so was starvin marvin when i stopped rushing about cooked a big fried wok of halloumi cheese, mushrooms onion red pepper, plenty of spices chilli paprika, mixed herbs soy sauce in evoo with boiled egg mushrooms on a bed of mixed leaf salad and mayo. Total Carbs 11.6g :)

IMG_0150.jpg

had to have a glass of rioja 2.5g to chill out after a busy day.....and reeeelaxxxxxxxxx!!! :)

nb: another glass has my name on it and @ 3.4g a glass who gives a hoot :D

Reactions: 11 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bg pre breakfast 6.9
B. 2 boiled egg, 2 bacon, 1 four finger dark choc kiktkat:shy: bg post 2h 7.7
L. Veg soup, chicken breast.
S. Coffee n cream.
D. Chicken breast, curried veg, cauli rice followed by jelly n cream. Bg post 2h 6.9

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast , poached egg with a sausage
Lunch large field mushroom ,half an avocado and side salad
Tea Cajun chicken with yet more salad and a small new potato as a treat

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: good sausage and egg
L: lemon and coriander bought hummus. 9 bar - the pumpkin one. Much sweeter than my usual peanut one. Had forgotten my meter, so couldn't test, but I wasn't impressed!
D: grilled lamb steak and orange pointy pepper filled with cream cheese. With green salad. Yum.

Out tomorrow, for lunch in a posh pub. Can't wait. Last time the meal was excellent!

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast usual porridge mix with soya milk and a big dollop of cashew butter
Dinner celery sticks, cream cheese, sugar free strawberry jelly and mousse made up using soya milk
Tea chicken leek and mushrooms (made like a pie filling) with brown basmati sage rice
Snacks bedtime hazelnuts, 3 thin cinnamon crisp biscuits half a dozen or so 10p sized shortbread biscuits....remainder of a small bag of dry roasted peanuts....

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Try ranch dressing when you get the chance, my American brother in law living in Bangkok has it, tasty alternative to Mayo, not sure on the ingredients/ good for LC though, will tell you in July :)
Thanks for the tip... I will look it up instead of dismissing it as full of chemicals because it's American... :rolleyes:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B - jelly
D - omelette with bacon & salad, jelly & cream
T - chicken stir fry

Snacks - cashews, pigs in blankets non nom nom, baked some kale, what was I thinking, worst thing I've ever tasted in my life (not even being dramatic) small bar 70% dark choc

Even done some exercise too.. Trying to take my mind off me nan having emergency surgery so the exercise occupied my mind well. Today has been a good day!
:) Re the kale... fingers crossed for your nan... I'll light a candle... You have given me an idea now... pigs in blankets... of course... how could I not have thought of that before? I make them at Christmas for goodness' sake... :)

Reactions: 4 people
Status
Not open for further replies.