Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
I'm sure Adrian could give us a clue .......

barbra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
interesting seeing what everyone eats. had egg whites and mushrooms for breakfast with 2 tablesoons beans. lunch was cottage cheese and mixed leaves. and tonight for dinner had turkey with brocolli and green beans and some berries.

Reactions: 4 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
A question on levels after meal. Colleague said a reading under 10 2 hours after a meal was OK. I disagreed. Opinions?

Reactions: 2 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - Yogurt thinned with cream, Sprinkled Granola & Flaxseed, 1/2 an apple, black tea
Snack 1 x baby Bel
L - 2 x ryvita thick spread Philli, Mackerel Fillet (hot, 2 mins Micro) 6/8 Olives lrg + 5 sm plum toms Black Tea
Snack 2 Handfulls of Pecan's
D - Rack Lamb (2 chops) teaspoon mint sauce, Swede, Cauli, 2 x 1/2 roasties, Gravy. 2 x glasses Merlot
S - 2 x 70% squares choc

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Thanks Neil. Thought I was right

Reactions: 6 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Single figures no matter when you test .... and the lower the better. That is the ultimate goal @gillyhill

Stay below 8s (preferable) and you're doing just fine and anything below 6s after meals is damned near perfect

Reactions: 8 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Last night for dinner I had Thai Fishcakes with salad for starter followed by pan fried fillet of sea bass with spinach and crushed new potatoes - although I couldn't eat all of the potatoes because I was full! 1hour after I was 9.1 but after 2 hours I was down to 7.3 -didn't test again because I went to bed but was 5.9 this morning.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - Bran flakes with hazelnuts and almonds with ff milk
Snack - chocolate covered rice cake
Lunch - had a works conference so food was limited so had 1 beef sandwich, sausage roll, piece of quiche but left the base and most of the garnish which was lettuce and tomato oh and some fruit salad and a teeny bit of rocky road! Surprisingly enough my BS was 5.3 when I got home at 16.30 so hopefully not too much damage!
Dinner - out tonight so haven't a clue but will try to be good!!
I have some of those rice cakes they are ok in taste , and nice with the chocolate
During the week I tend to have breakfast at 6.30 so these make a nice midmorning snack particularly as, even at 10g carbs per cake, they don't affect my BS too much.

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks Mike D. Need as much encouragement as I can get

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Anytime at all :) That isn't just me talking .... it's the voices of some GREAT people on this board that pushed me to reaching goals I didn't think i could attain.

It's now up to me to do the same for new members. You're one of them and now you're one of us. You can do it. We will ALWAYS help out our mates.

Mike :)

Reactions: 6 people

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thanks Mike D. Had porridge for breakfast. Happy as bs 6.3 2 hours after :)

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
THAT is a great number ... you might have spiked at the one hour mark but we now don't know what that was. Porridge is not too good for many so you beat the odds. Try something different though and see what that does.

As I always say to new members .... "keep going'". Stay ahead of the game and only look back when you've won it. If you reckon you're battling there's always more within you than you could EVER believe you had. Great work !!!!

Mike

S

Sable_Jan

Thanks for that :) I always get over things pretty quickly but we do remember and life goes on. As for sausages, buns and lager?

Sounds like the days when I was NOT diabetic
Always surprising what some of us can eat and what we can't.... That almond cake is gorgeous BUT my meter doesn't like it... My cereal mix it doesn't mind so much but I get away with it because oats and no sugar bran sticks is small in relation to nuts and seeds and I've always been ok with a but if dried fruit. It's the coconut flour that helps to thicken it and the cashew butter that just finishes the mmmmmm factor for me. Use soya milk and no sweetener at all
And potion control....if my fasting is good, like today 4.7 I allow myself 90gs.....and reduce according

Last edited:

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Porridge for breakfast..6.3 2 he's after...good?
Banana, pear (both small) and light yoghurt for lunch. No plans yet for tea.

S

Sable_Jan

A question on levels after meal. Colleague said a reading under 10 2 hours after a meal was OK. I disagreed. Opinions?
There's a table of figures on the main website.... I thought it was 7.8 max but the levels are different for "type" and children ... I believe most people aim for "non diabetic" levels

S

Sable_Jan

Last night for dinner I had Thai Fishcakes with salad for starter followed by pan fried fillet of sea bass with spinach and crushed new potatoes - although I couldn't eat all of the potatoes because I was full! 1hour after I was 9.1 but after 2 hours I was down to 7.3 -didn't test again because I went to bed but was 5.9 this morning.
7.3 is fine and cos you tested at one hour (not really necessary) and it showed that you were on the way down......