Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

M

mojo37

Breakfast 9am beans on wholemeal toast clover and cup of tea ( high carb I know 61 ) BG prior to meal 7.1. 2 hrS later and after exercise 9.6
Lunch 12.30 2 egg omelette mushrooms tomatoes and 2 small rashers of bacon cuppa
Hungry again at 3pm tested and BG down to 4.1..snack of walnuts apple and cheese never realised that they are so many carbs in an apple :eek:
Still hungry an hr later so succumbed to slice of white toast and peanut butter .
Having lemon chicken with rice and peppers for tea ..or dinner if I want to be 'posh' ;)then exercise and see how by BG is in the morning

Reactions: 4 people

Wineman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, lamb, turnips. Corn on the cob
Porridge for breakfast, 2 small salami sandwiches 1 small pork pie , 2 bananas
10 grapes and some water melon that was lunch.
This evening chicken and prawn stir fry with noodles.

K

Kat100

Thank you, I will.
Everything in moderation!
A little bit of what you fancy does you good ... Well I wish ... Maybe I will have a treat after more exercise ,,but diet going well as I hope yours is ..
Might make an apple crumble at the weekend ... Almond flour .... Required ... You have just given me an idea ...thanks

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Porridge for breakfast, 2 small salami sandwiches 1 small pork pie , 2 bananas
10 grapes and some water melon that was lunch.
This evening chicken and prawn stir fry with noodles.

Hello, see you are new to posting. Welcome.

Sooty2013

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Peanut Butter and Rice Pudding
Breakfast: Crumpets x2 with Lurpak Light and 2tbsp of Mango & Passion Fruit Onken Yoghurt.

Lunch: Multigrain Roll with Corned Beef, Baked Pepperoni Crisps, GoAhead Biscuit Slices and a Wildlife Choobs.

Dinner: Bisto Chef Special Beef in Red Wine with Mash ready meal (don't cook Thurs) and Strawberry Low Fat Mousse.

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had crumbled eggs with one lice seeded bread for breakfast, smoked mackeral with salad for lunch, snack was ryvita crackerbread with crunchy peanut butter and supper was beef casserole with a couple of tablespoons of potato.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had

B: 2 rashers bacon, spinach, 2 eggs all fried in butter
L: beef mince fried with shallot and mushrooms; radishes and cos lettuce
D: aubergine baked with tomato sauce (just a tin of toms, reduced with garlic and herbs) and mozzarella; griddled steak

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

Today .. My usual homemade Alpen breakfast ... Unsweetened almond milk

Lunch ... Cheese and salad roll ... With one pear

Tonight two stuffed mushrooms with salad ...

I have had a low cal for me dark chocolate kitkat small one ...
And some exercise .. My diet incorporates exercise ... Sensible I feel to add that ...

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today .. My usual homemade Alpen breakfast ... Unsweetened almond milk

Lunch ... Cheese and salad roll ... With one pear

Tonight two stuffed mushrooms with salad ...

I have had a low cal for me dark chocolate kitkat small one ...
And some exercise .. My diet incorporates exercise ... Sensible I feel to add that ...

I try to exercise too.
Do you know that @Jamrox is a great exercise motivator. She started several threads about exercise to encourage each other. Current one is 'step into spring'. I think some of us are slacking a bit at moment. Me, I am guilty of that.

I love mushrooms. What do you stuff them with @Kat100?

Reactions: 6 people
K

Kat100

I try to exercise too.
Do you know that @Jamrox is a great exercise motivator. She started several threads about exercise to encourage each other. Current one is 'step into spring'. I think some of us are slacking a bit at moment. Me, I am guilty of that.

I love mushrooms. What do you stuff them with @Kat100?
Hi pipp today it's just cheese Stilton and garlic ...
I have seen the exercise thread a great motivator to go with diets .. And health ...
But admit I am just doing my own thing at the moment .. Yes so easy to slack .. But I try to balance my diet with exercise ..

Found some new yougurt today from Iceland , the place ...Low fat and low sugar ...going to try ...

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had crumbled eggs with one lice seeded bread for breakfast, smoked mackeral with salad for lunch, snack was ryvita crackerbread with crunchy peanut butter and supper was beef casserole with a couple of tablespoons of potato.
Dont you just love predictive text!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 10 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Today i had 2 poached eggs with 1 slice of seeded bread foo breakfast, 50g of w/wheat spaghetti with a sauce made from bacon, mushrooms, onions, garlic and tomatoes for lunch and tonight it is Pork chop with leeks in cheese sauce and a couple of new potatoes and I may have one of the Lindt 70% mini eggs which I was given for Easter for a treat later on.

Reactions: 3 people

daddys1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 2 x Bacon 2 x Poached Eggs 1 x Slice Seed sensations butter, 2 teaspoons Flaxseed

Wedding Dinner
L - Steak 1/2about 4 the chips, Salad, some veg Cabbage & Asparagus, whole Grilled tomato. I x tiny dark choc, 1 x sm piece cake. 1/2 a Lager and 1 x prosecco. Black Coffee. Stuffed

T - 1 x slice of Seed Sensations with butter, cheese & sm teaspoon piccalilli. 6/8 Pecan's

Now off to Badminton

Reactions: 3 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oatmeal Shake that weight

Veg soup

Baked fennel, courgettes, mushrooms, onion, small sirloin steak fried in butter.

Lots of water.

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

All sounds nice, even the crumbled eggs apart from the "lice seeded bread" ;) don't you just LOVE typos :D

Last edited:
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: usual "porridge" cashew butter soya milk portion size,adjusted down as fasting bs a bit higher...that plus walking dog should keep.me within limits
Dinner: Sainsbury's mega brunch...lovely..daughter had half the chips (walk round shop should work off the other half ;))
Tea: chilli with wholewheat pasta (prefer it to rice wth chilli)
Bedtime snack...possibly nuts they do keep fasting down most days

Had two thin cinnamon crisp biscuits... but may still have the nuts.... having a strange day foodwise, feel REALLY hungry, eat a little then feel STUFFED then not long after I'm sooooo hungry again.... weird

Last edited:

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 boiled eggs and a small avocado, with a dash of sriracha
L: cavolo nero sauteed in butter; cottage cheese with chopped red pepper and prosciutto bits, seasoned with garlic and chilli flakes
D: 5-6 macadamia nuts (was out)

S

Sable_Jan

breakfast - the "usual"

Dinner: 2 fried goose eggs, 4 halved tomatoes fried and slices of cheddar cheese under the eggs ... STILL stuffed ... ONE goose egg would have been plenty

Got a couple of pork chops cooking for tea with probably buttered and black peppered leek and cabbage

OK doggies are squeaking, their tea is late.....

Vivienne_2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting! ;)
Breakfast I had Greek fat yoghurt with raspberry's and blueberry with nuts .
Lunch Lemon Pancakes
Dinner Home made Butter nut soup. with Rye bread.