What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast, yoghurt and berries
Lunch half a tin of salmon with salad
Tea, just demolished some lovely pork and tomato sausages with loads of mushrooms , grilled tomato and scrambled eggs .

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream
L: chicken breast and sugarsnap stir fry with pesto and mozzarella.
D: moussaka, green salad and aoli

Reactions: 2 people

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
B: coffeencream
L: chicken breast and sugarsnap stir fry with pesto and mozzarella.
D: moussaka, green salad and aoli
Hi, was that a low carb moussaka? Is there a recipe please?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: 2 fried eggs, 2 Quorn sausages, creamy decaf

Dinner: mushroom korma with cucumber and cashew salad

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
B 2 egg omelette with cheese, mushrooms, ham, cherry tomatoes & handful of spinach leaves with a knob of butter for luck, cooked in coconut oil.
L none, too busy
D som tam, young coconut

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, was that a low carb moussaka? Is there a recipe please?

Hi,

I'm sure there are LC versions out there, but I kind of made it up.

Layer of precooked mince (with tinned toms, onion, garlic etc.)
Then layers of precooked courgettes (instead of potato) and the traditional aubergine.
Then topped with blobs of cream cheese, grated cheddar and a scattering of Parmesan (the Parmesan makes the top a bit crunchy).

Obviously, it isn't really moussaka, but it sure is yummy.

Because it's a bit phaffy I make industrial sized quantities and freeze it in portions.
Think that was the last of the stock. :wideyed:

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just enjoyed a marks and Spencer king prawn bhuna (13.2 carbs) with cauliflower rice. Lovely

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B: Two poached eggs with spinach and smoked salmon... 2 x espresso with cream
L: Atkins coconut bar :oops: and more coffee with cream
D: Prawn terrine, rollmop herrings, salad and green beans... all a bit strange really... :confused:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went to a Brewers Fayre for brekkie. One has just opened up nearby, and I thought Mr B deserved a treat. I also wanted to find out how dog friendly they are before taking the hounds.
Turns out dogs are allowed at the somewhat exposed, shadeless, windy, picnic tables.

B: sausages, fried eggs, bacon, half a tonne of buttered mushrooms, 2 tiddly little lattes, supposedly Costa. Not like any Costa I have ever tasted though. Plus a most excellent little croissant (approx 11g carbs according to Carbs and Cals book).

L: completely unnecessary.

D: taramosalata, green salad and strawberries and cream.

But I am hatching a plan. The next Sunday with good weather, we can drive to the park, walk halfway around the lake, over the dyke, alongside the golf course, have this fortifying brekkie, and then walk back. How perfect is that?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Went to a Brewers Fayre for brekkie. One has just opened up nearby, and I thought Mr B deserved a treat. I also wanted to find out how dog friendly they are before taking the hounds.
Turns out dogs are allowed at the somewhat exposed, shadeless, windy, picnic tables.

B: sausages, fried eggs, bacon, half a tonne of buttered mushrooms, 2 tiddly little lattes, supposedly Costa. Not like any Costa I have ever tasted though. Plus a most excellent little croissant (approx 11g carbs according to Carbs and Cals book).

L: completely unnecessary.

D: taramosalata, green salad and strawberries and cream.
Perfect day... .:)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I had, for breakfast: Vegetable omelette, smoked salmon and a dollop of labneh and some cucumber batons...
For lunch: Giant shrimp and avocado salad with rose marie sauce with tabasco to add.. :)
Supper: Large glass of Merlot, three small skewers of veg and chicken, a thin potato skin filled with chilli, topped with cheese, guacamole and sour cream; decaf coffee whisked with butter and coconut oil... I never go anywhere without coconut oil - I also always bake a Stracciatella cake with 85% chocolate chips in it before I leave home, and pack to bring with me.... and my husband's just eaten the last piece.. :) good job I'm going home to Bahrain tomorrow night... I thought I'd add ginger to the next one - it's lovely with chocolate... next will be with orange and then I'll make a lemon cake with zest and juice - all experimental but I think they should be good... I'll let you know how they work out...

Reactions: 8 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: feta and chive soufflé omelette

Dinner: Mexican cheesy cauliflower casserole

Snack: low carb coconut and lemon cake (adapted from the stracciatella cake recipe on the veggie thread)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch - 3 rashers bacon, 2 sausages fried, 2 mugs of tea

Dinner - burgers, celeriac chips and salad, then blackberries and cream, 2 mugs tea
I am so jealous of your celeriac chips. I have a bit of a theme going on today.

B: edam omelette

L: cold Mexican cheesy cauliflower casserole, peppermint tea

D: hot Mexican cheesy cauliflower casserole

Snack: low carb coconut and lemon cake, creamy decaf

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 good sausages and a BIG coffeencream
L: crustless quiche
D: beef mince with onion, garlic, courgettes, peppers, cherry toms, served with brown mushrooms in cream cheese.

I will finish with a couple of Thorntons chocs. 2 a night. No cheating.

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast 2 boiled eggs with a slice of toasted Bergen bread spread with Marmite
Skipped lunch today was out shopping
Main meal at 5pm wild boar sausages, mushrooms in a sauce made with cream cheese and single cream, purple sprouting broccoli and roasted cauliflower followed by Greek yogurt with a few blueberries and two strawberries

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. What were the boar sausages like?

(I love venison, but only get my gnashers on it once in a blue moon)