Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning troops

7.6 fasting.

Battling to get below 7s. Looks like I'm going to have to bring out the big guns to win this one.

Reactions: 18 people

kimbo1962

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey, @kimbo1962 long time no see.

How are you?

That weight loss is awesome! How are you feeling on it? :)
I'm here most days @Brunneria - seem to miss a few others too though?
I'm feeling good thank you, aiming for another Jean size down, which seems to be happening too.....The only niggle being a limited wardrobe at the minute as things look ok for a few weeks then start hanging!! (Having a nightmare with work trousers at the moment!!) just so pleased I stayed at 39 on my latest hba1c though.
How are you doing?

Reactions: 8 people

phil1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another 5.3 this morning which seems to be the norm now with my new diet designed to maintain my weight. However, the maintaining weight bit isn't working and I've lost 1/2 kg this week!

Reactions: 16 people

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, my post breakfast reading was 6.5 @ 08:20hrs. Had some daughters birthday cake yesterday evening giving me a spike hence the bit of a high reading then normal

Reactions: 17 people

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 at bedtime....5.5 this morning :confused:. However, it was about an hour after I initially woke and the fact that I had been playing tug-of-war with a 7 year old in bed before rising may have contributed to the reading. :rolleyes:

Reactions: 19 people

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
4.4 at bedtime....5.5 this morning :confused:. However, it was about an hour after I initially woke and the fact that I had been playing tug-of-war with a 7 year old in bed before rising may have contributed to the reading. :rolleyes:
A 5.5 is the last thing you need to be worried about .... :)

Reactions: 12 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Good morning all hope your all feeling good at the start of the day , 5.0 this morning so once again I'm happy :)

Reactions: 22 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
After being awake at 5am for ages managed to get back to sleep and had a lie in and woke to a nice 4.8.

Reactions: 21 people
S

Sable_Jan

6.1 after very broken sleep and being jolted awake by dogs all barking at postie; slice of bread and lots of butter around 1am....dog got me up just as I was drifting off....was sooo hungry
5.5 pre breakfast

Reactions: 19 people

pmtbrew

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 rising to 7.0 before eating.

Is there a way of lowering the fasting sugars (post meal results are normally <7.8)

Covlocks

I have always been pretty low (below 8) in the mornings - just diet controlled as I have been for 4 years. This past week I have been feeling rough with the aftermath of a cold and chest infection, checked my readings and they are sky high, up to 14. I have tried everything to bring them down lots of water, cut right down on my food intake, no carbs, and the readings wont budge. I think I have gone past diet control now so its off to the Docs on Monday. Saw my DSN a month ago, she couldn't be bothered to do a blood test, last one was nearly a year ago at 7.1.

Reactions: 14 people

emptyplate

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
6.5 mmol / L this morning.
No bed time reading - oops!

Bed time was a naughty forty minutes past midnight but, sleep was good quality.
Usually test on waking in bed but, this morning's test was at least half an hour after rising.

RobOwen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A 5.5 is the last thing you need to be worried about .... :)
Cheers @Mike D, I know I must keep it in perspective and my readings are much less of a problem than many on here, for which I am very grateful.

Since I pretty much buried my head in the sand for 5 years after my inital diagnosis, I guess I have swung a little too much the other way now I have decided to take control of my situation.

Reactions: 11 people

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another high fasting reading today - 7.3 at 9.30am (up from 6.3 at bedtime) and I've had a"windy weather" migraine all morning too. Liver and weather between them seem to be doing me in...so with both I'm weeing for England too at the moment - migraine tablets are also somewhat diuretic.:(:(

Robbity

Reactions: 13 people
Status
Not open for further replies.