Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

S

Sable_Jan

Yesterday usual porridge mix (smaller portion)
Dinner: celery sticks, smoked cheddar, grapes, creamy Lancs and pud of sugarfree lime/lemon jelly wth banana mouse
Tea: lage lightly battered cod, chips and mushies
Snacks: Greek style yoghurt, salted peanuts

Reactions: 6 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
at the moment for my lunch:
50 g celery
30 g Feta
30 g olives
50 g sauerkraut
50 g raw cauliflower
20 g olive oil
90 g sardines

Cal 540 satFat 21 UnSat 25 Carb 6 Protein 29... I hope.....

Reactions: 4 people

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch - slices of cheese & some salami
Dinner - smoked mackerel fillet, chicory leaves, raddichio, lettuce and tomato
Snack - olives
I'm trying to be really good this week.
Hi,
I see you have been getting your weight under control so congratulations, as you are on the right track. Plus you also seem tobe eatting right so all the best for your future.

Reactions: 2 people

IzzieS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Loud noises; disrespectful people; fireworks
Breakfast, nutty granola and a banana
Lunch, tuna and Mayo sandwich, pear
Evening meal, planning on chilli and baked potato with veggies, yoghurt

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: Was up so late it was a slice of Hovis Granary toast on the run.....
Dinner: Last of celere, smoked cheddar, green grapes & Creamy Lancs
Milky latte (soya milk)
Tea: not as yet christened... was looking back on here for ideas :D

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Breakfast. 2 shredded wheat

Lunch. Coleslaw, tomatoes, cheese and savoury eggs.

Dinner I'm thinking Quorn chicken stir fried with mushrooms and spinach.

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday, I had:

B: leftover roast pork, cottage cheese, radishes

L: same pork, cucumber, 1/2 avocado

D: courgette/aubergine moussaka, green salad, fermented daikon (homemade)

This is cross-posted from "Low Carb - what have you eaten today?". I hope it's OK to do that, just to give more ideas.

S

Sable_Jan

Yesterday, I had:

B: leftover roast pork, cottage cheese, radishes

L: same pork, cucumber, 1/2 avocado

D: courgette/aubergine moussaka, green salad, fermented daikon (homemade)

This is cross-posted from "Low Carb - what have you eaten today?". I hope it's OK to do that, just to give more ideas.
No probs with that @ Larissima thanks :)

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Breakfast.- 2 slices wholemeal toast and marmite

lunch - cheese, tomatoes, cucumber , ham and coleslaw

Dinner - I'm thinking scrambled egg with tomato and mushrooms

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was told that I had type 2, I weighed 98 ks and I had a problem loossing any weight. But as soon as I got control of my weight (74ks now) my BGL' s slowly came down also. I feel weight loss is important in the control of this condition we find has crept up on us all. So I hope you can continue to reduce your weight in the future, time is not as important as long as your BGL remains manageable.So good luck and stay on track, Ok!!!
Stemar, (Downunder)

S

Sable_Jan

Looks like I've not posted for a few days......remiss of me
Breakfast: usual "porridge" mix with soya milk and cashew butter
Dinner
Celery sticks, chive cheddar, red grapes & oh, Lancashire cheese (tho.might have been wensleydale)
Snack....small piece of that almond cake (no choc chips) and nibbles of Oopsie bread ( way too salty and recipe/measurements wrong cos I had to pour it into container NOT shape into four balls.... Mmmm
Think the salty "bread" will be for tea maybe with cheese & tomato.....
I've found the alternative breads quite greasy apart from the cauliflower one....

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast pile of mushrooms with grated cheese
Lunch ham and salad
Tea will be Bolognese with coleslaw

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

You know my breakfast now .. Forgot to say I always add blueberries and flaxseed to my homemade Alpen .. Almond milk ..

A piece of bread .. Some Brie cheese and lovely cherry tomatoes ... And a pear

Chocolate .. High % just enough for me ...
Slice of soreen....

Tonight .. Homemade veggie bake with cheese sauce ... Very nice it was ..
Later .. A yogurt ...

K

Kat100

Looks like I've not posted for a few days......remiss of me
Breakfast: usual "porridge" mix with soya milk and cashew butter
Dinner
Celery sticks, chive cheddar, red grapes & oh, Lancashire cheese (tho.might have been wensleydale)
Snack....small piece of that almond cake (no choc chips) and nibbles of Oopsie bread ( way too salty and recipe/measurements wrong cos I had to pour it into container NOT shape into four balls.... Mmmm
Think the salty "bread" will be for tea maybe with cheese & tomato.....
I've found the alternative breads quite greasy apart from the cauliflower one....
I must still make that cake .. Yum ..

S

Sable_Jan

I must still make that cake .. Yum ..
you MUST...... It's lovely but be prepared to have eaten it all within two days.... ;)

No choc chips in it this time and I think it is nicer...... I might reduce the butter next time though as it is REALLY moist... but a slightly greasy moist

Had the "bread" with sliced tomatoes on it. It was ok and the sweetness of the tomatoes took away the saltiness (well some of it at least) but I don't think I shall be making it again.... just wondering what I can use the rest of the crème fraiche for now... obvs not baked potato topping.... even if I DID have one it would be loaded with butter :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:

Patricia21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Animal crualty
B home made cereal with ground nuts and flaxseed and a few dried porrage oats.
L tomatoes cucumber,smoked salmon,slice of seeded hovis bread,Then enjoyed a jucy pear,which I havent had for months,blood spike of 12 two hours later,wont be having pear again,Its usually 6.
D pork chop and stir fry veg,jelly rasberries and yogurt.
Small square of dark chocolate.

S

Sable_Jan

And just in case you have misplaced it @Kat100 here is the recipe

Stracciatella cake:

110gm softened butter; 120g cream cheese; 5 med eggs; 185g almond flour (ground almonds); sweetener equivalent to 100g. sugar (I use trivia - perfect); 1tbsp baking powder; vanilla, almond or orange essence; 50g of 75-85% chocolate - I use solid cacao..... Oven 170C....lightly grease a small loaf tin.... Mix butter and cream cheese really well; add sweetener and essence; mix in eggs really well, one at a time; stir in almond flour and BP; add chocolate bits... pour mix into tin and level the top; 55 minutes at 170C fan - 190 non-fan assisted.... apparently the cake freezes well too

I cooked mine for much less that the 55 minutes and didn't put the choc chips in... Only used almond essence so far but the others might be nice too..... oooh, just seen some rhubarb being picked on an advert... it DID look nice, real chunky garden rhubarb not the pink skinny stuff you get at the supermarket

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

B home made cereal with ground nuts and flaxseed and a few dried porrage oats.
L tomatoes cucumber,smoked salmon,slice of seeded hovis bread,Then enjoyed a jucy pear,which I havent had for months,blood spike of 12 two hours later,wont be having pear again,Its usually 6.
D pork chop and stir fry veg,jelly rasberries and yogurt.
Small square of dark chocolate.
maybe it was because you ate it at the same time as the bread. Try it as a snack by itself... that usually works for me if I have fruit

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B, chia seed coffee cocoa peanut butter, pecans, almonds, sesame seeds
L, celery, avocado, sauerkraut, olives, small chorizo, toms
D, chicken, cabbage, sauerkraut, avocado toms garlic and olive oil, white wine and two homemade chocolates, ginger and coffee, cardamon
Followed by lovely evening walk to see Tay railway bridge and the setting sun....

Reactions: 7 people
K

Kat100

And just in case you have misplaced it @Kat100 here is the recipe

Stracciatella cake:

110gm softened butter; 120g cream cheese; 5 med eggs; 185g almond flour (ground almonds); sweetener equivalent to 100g. sugar (I use trivia - perfect); 1tbsp baking powder; vanilla, almond or orange essence; 50g of 75-85% chocolate - I use solid cacao..... Oven 170C....lightly grease a small loaf tin.... Mix butter and cream cheese really well; add sweetener and essence; mix in eggs really well, one at a time; stir in almond flour and BP; add chocolate bits... pour mix into tin and level the top; 55 minutes at 170C fan - 190 non-fan assisted.... apparently the cake freezes well too

I cooked mine for much less that the 55 minutes and didn't put the choc chips in... Only used almond essence so far but the others might be nice too..... oooh, just seen some rhubarb being picked on an advert... it DID look nice, real chunky garden rhubarb not the pink skinny stuff you get at the supermarket
You are an angel jan , thank you , I did miss it , and can't spell it ... Now all I have to do is make it ... I bought the vanillia in the hope I would find it ..
Thank you jan .. I will enjoy having a go making this cake .. Kat x :)