Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

K

Kat100

you MUST...... It's lovely but be prepared to have eaten it all within two days.... ;)

No choc chips in it this time and I think it is nicer...... I might reduce the butter next time though as it is REALLY moist... but a slightly greasy moist

Had the "bread" with sliced tomatoes on it. It was ok and the sweetness of the tomatoes took away the saltiness (well some of it at least) but I don't think I shall be making it again.... just wondering what I can use the rest of the crème fraiche for now... obvs not baked potato topping.... even if I DID have one it would be loaded with butter :hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry::hungry:
I am in need of a nice meal,now , but tomorrow , it's roast day .. Love Sunday roast day , as I cook for monday as well ;) that cake can't wait :depressed:

Reactions: 2 people

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Caveat - I went to Badminton Horse Trials yesterday, was out from 7.15 in the morning till 21.30 last night and visited a relative who lives nearby.
6.45 - pre brekkie - 2 thins with crunchy peanut butter
9.00 - b/fast - fried egg, bacon, sausages, baked beans and 1 slice of toast
11.45 - tub of ice cream ( only 1 scoop but cost £3.00 so that was only one all day!!!)
13.30 - ham sandwich with seeded bread, chocolate covered oatcake and some sugar free squash
16.15 - afternoon tea with scone, jam and cream
18.00 - dinner - chicken breast wrapped in bacon, peas, broccoli, cauliflower cheese, new pots and 1 roasted pot followed by small slice of b/current cheesecake with 1 glass of rose wine
22.00 coffee and bed.
In case you're wondering my BS at 21.45 last night was 6.2 and it was 5.9 this morning so I think I got away with it!!

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Caveat - I went to Badminton Horse Trials yesterday, was out from 7.15 in the morning till 21.30 last night and visited a relative who lives nearby.
6.45 - pre brekkie - 2 thins with crunchy peanut butter
9.00 - b/fast - fried egg, bacon, sausages, baked beans and 1 slice of toast
11.45 - tub of ice cream ( only 1 scoop but cost £3.00 so that was only one all day!!!)
13.30 - ham sandwich with seeded bread, chocolate covered oatcake and some sugar free squash
16.15 - afternoon tea with scone, jam and cream
18.00 - dinner - chicken breast wrapped in bacon, peas, broccoli, cauliflower cheese, new pots and 1 roasted pot followed by small slice of b/current cheesecake with 1 glass of rose wine
22.00 coffee and bed.
In case you're wondering my BS at 21.45 last night was 6.2 and it was 5.9 this morning so I think I got away with it!!
Result!!!!

gillyhill

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lying on a beach all day, arrogant/rude/superficial people, not being able to get necessary help from health professionals
Had turkey, stuffing, sweet potato and mixed veg - broccoli, carrot, mushroom, baby sweet corn, 3 tiny potatoes - for Sunday lunch. 7.3 before and 5. 7 2 hours later!! Brilliant!!

Reactions: 5 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: up late so piece of almond cake
Dinner: last of breakfast porridge mix so I could make new batch....hefty portion but mostly coconut flour that had settled to bottom
Tea: should've been chicken drumsticks but forgot to defrost..TWICE... need to think....

K

Kat100

Well my usual muesli ... My style ... Almond milk unsweetened ..

Lunch .. Bread bri tomatoes ... Left over from yesterday ... Salad starts this week though ...

Tonight ..
Veggie roast ... Love my Sunday roast ... Mr Tom does have a chicken :woot:
Cauliflower cheese
Roast potatoes .. Roast parsnips ...roast carrots all in olive oil ... Green beans ... Loved it ..

Must make that cakes soon thanks jan .. And soon be time to start making apple crumbles ... Just change the flour and sugar ... That works for me.

Reactions: 4 people

Croc

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sea filth!
Two wholemeal toast and marmite first thing.

Nibbled on some cheese and tomato between that and dinner of chicken legs in rosemary and garlicky sauce...that was munch...and a treat of 4 new potato followed by a stint on the exercise bike.

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Tea turned out to be half a cheese & veg bake (pkt) followed by the other half and small piece of apricot and almond cake 2 hrs later cos I was hungry again.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chia seeds, coffee, cocoa, pecans, almonds, sesame seeds, yogert
Strong Black coffee for 11:00's.
L: 3 egg omelet, cheese and chives
D: pulled pork, winter greens, roast cauliflower, two chocs and some red wine.
Top walk in the afternoon, when the rain stopped.

S

Sable_Jan

Roast beef sandwich with low carb bread,mini ryvitas ,weight watchers lemon slice
What happened to my post I don't know.....phone plating up
Breakfast: New cereal, fruit, nut, seed mix "porridge" with pistachio butter mixed in. Cashew butter all gone...
Dinner: 2 slices apricot and almond cake with custard
Tea: hopefully large, lightly battered cod, chips and mushy peas...
Don't remember snacking today....

K

Kat100

My usual Alpen homemade or put together .. Almond milk unsweetened ...

Salad for lunch .... :)

Left over veggie roast ..

Something nice later .. A bit of choc higher % I think ...

S

Sable_Jan

I either lied earlier (unintentionally) or I had the almond cake after I posted.... and I've just had another piece now that I got home..... Its a "good" :angelic::angelic: almond cake....... and tea was the fish and chips though I never eat all the chips ....

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: usual Chia seed chocolate peanut butter and nuts
L: usual celery, olives, toms, avocado, sauerkraut
D: slow cooked beef, sprouting broccoli and cabbage.... some strawberries late on....

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 2 poached aggs on toasted seeded bread
Lunch - Chicken and Roasted mushrooms in cream sauce (part of the Tesco's Al Fresco Range), 50g re-heated penne pasta, Full fat Yeo valley greek yoghurt with pureed cherries, blueberries and strawberries (2 hrs after I was 6.5, 3 hrs after - 5.8 so not too bad)
Dinner will be Asparagus, pan fried salmon fillet, couple of new potatoes and dill sauce
Not sure after that - if I get the munchies (which isn't very often) it may be 2 pieces of lindt dark almond and orange chocolate or some salted pop-corn

K

Kat100

My Alpen style breakfast ... Same everyday ... Blueberries flaxseed added ... Almond milk unsweetened ..

Lunch .. Homemade tomato soup ... Small bread roll ... Pear

Tonight ... Cottage cheese salad ... Just have to put it all together ...

Later will be a bit of chocolate ... Maybe a yogurt ..

K

Kat100

Th
Breakfast - 2 poached aggs on toasted seeded bread
Lunch - Chicken and Roasted mushrooms in cream sauce (part of the Tesco's Al Fresco Range), 50g re-heated penne pasta, Full fat Yeo valley greek yoghurt with pureed cherries, blueberries and strawberries (2 hrs after I was 6.5, 3 hrs after - 5.8 so not too bad)
Dinner will be Asparagus, pan fried salmon fillet, couple of new potatoes and dill sauce
Not sure after that - if I get the munchies (which isn't very often) it may be 2 pieces of lindt dark almond and orange chocolate or some salted pop-corn
that popcorn sounds nice I must try some ... Thanks ...

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,
I hope your all feeling okay, plus keeping an eye on your BGL's!

06:30 hrs my BGL's were 11.7, then I had Mushrooms fried in butter on a wholemeal roll and a coffee with 1 sugar.
08:15 had my Meds 2 x 500 grm Metaformin.
08:30 hrs took my 2nd BGL's and they were 12.8
11:00 hrs I had a Mango, Apple, Mixed Berries and a Banana put through a blender.
13:00 hrs I had a wholemeal Roll with a slice of Jarlesberg Cheese and Double Smoked Ham, with Corn Relish and a cup of coffee with 1 sugar.
18:40 hrs I had my Tea (Dinner) which was a Sirloin Steak with Mushrooms and Mix Veggies, Brocoli, Peas and Gravey, with a coffee.
23:50 hrs I had a Coffee and 2 Anzac Biscuits, then I took my BGL's at 01:30 hrs which were 14.5 that was my day up until then.

Stemar, (Downunder)