The SCREAM thread

N

NicolaB70

I hate it when tradesmen say they've cleaned up......and I see the mess they have left.....gawd knows what their houses look like if that's CLEAN & TIDY
It's not so much the mess Jan, it's the state of the walls and boxing in. Walls are still black, boxing in is not fitted back properly and the bit of wall he chiselled out or whatever hasn't been filled or plastered. He's back tomorrow to do shower so will be mentioning it

Reactions: 4 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
It's not so much the mess Jan, it's the state of the walls and boxing in. Walls are still black, boxing in is not fitted back properly and the bit of wall he chiselled out or whatever hasn't been filled or plastered. He's back tomorrow to do shower so will be mentioning it

Nicola, oh what a carry on, still got my fingers crossed for it to be made good and in good working order very soon X

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is very frustrating ...trying to do the right things and they seem to come back and bite me on the bum :( Turkey sends me up from 5.0 to 7.2 when eaten with cauliflower and brocolli but sends it up much less when eaten with salad ...only from 5.0 to 5.7 lol so work that one out . I haven't tried steak yet and dont eat any other birds so no clue yet. Small high content beefburgers seem okay but I can only have one....Oddly enough I never ate pork, beef or turkey before I was diagnosed...and chicken was a rarity for me.....I preferred to eat Quorn products mainly and now even they spike me unless they are very low carb...so I seem to be sensitive to meat and carbs or certain forms....certainly the ones used to make meat alternatives

In terms of the bigger picture; are you eating enough? I think we all have particularities surrounding our diabetes, and mine seems to be that if I don't eat enough, my bloods don't behave very well. I'm assuming (as I've never used a CGM) that my liver kicks in more often to help buoy up my blood levels, which then returns a score higher than I might usually have expected.

It's a real challenge working some of these things out, and clearly there's more trial and error involved than any of us would ideally like to accept. But, that seems to be the game we're involved in.

Again, I'd suggest a new thread addressing this specific issue. There are some incredibly clever and knowledgeable people out who are probably better equipped than me to shed some light on this. I'll look forward to following it.

Reactions: 6 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In terms of the bigger picture; are you eating enough? I think we all have particularities surrounding our diabetes, and mine seems to be that if I don't eat enough, my bloods don't behave very well. I'm assuming (as I've never used a CGM) that my liver kicks in more often to help buoy up my blood levels, which then returns a score higher than I might usually have expected.

It's a real challenge working some of these things out, and clearly there's more trial and error involved than any of us would ideally like to accept. But, that seems to be the game we're involved in.

Again, I'd suggest a new thread addressing this specific issue. There are some incredibly clever and knowledgeable people out who are probably better equipped than me to shed some light on this. I'll look forward to following it.
That is a very interesting theory about not eating enough....and is very possible. I will have a think about posting a thread speciifcally about this issue and see what I can find out. As you say there are some very knowledgeable people on here who may have the answers I am looking for....thank you :)

S

Sable_Jan

Quite rightly too.....

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Dentists...well i hate them with a passion and yes I know we all need them but they still give me the shakes when i go there, have had to make appointment to see Dentists due to a small lump appearing in my inside upper lip arghhhhh made the appointment then thought ouch gonna cost me now but I just know the Doctor will say see your dentists...ok rant over :sour:

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Made some coconut bars this afternoon which sounded lovely
but rather soggy ...warm from oven. Not set properly despite 45mins cooking instead if 30... Recipe wrong or its my measuring.....HATE those CUP measure recipes but you don't know, when you buy online, until you get it.... and pathetic recipes...bad spellings, grammar and missing ingredients from list, HUGE writing to bulk no.of pages and not even spaced with heading with ingredients/instructions....

Waste of £7.99 ... Other book looks better....

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Made some coconut bars this afternoon which sounded lovely
but rather soggy ...warm from oven. Not set properly despite 45mins cooking instead if 30... Recipe wrong or its my measuring.....HATE those CUP measure recipes but you don't know, when you buy online, until you get it.... and pathetic recipes...bad spellings, grammar and missing ingredients from list, HUGE writing to bulk no.of pages and not even spaced with heading with ingredients/instructions....

Waste of £7.99 ... Other book looks better....
http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/diabetic-coconut-macaroons/163439 no idea if these are any good ...has 2 tbsp flour in but over so many could be ok...they look yummy and no sugar in them

Reactions: 3 people
C

chris lowe

Just had literally dozens of texts about meeting with girlfriends on Thursday Ahhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Where to go, suggest something, has it got a car park? No, no good unless there's a car park, despite the fact there's parking on street right outside. Time. I say I can't get there until about half six (dentist 4.30) Oh, right we'll meet at 5. Nooooo I can't make it! Oh alright how about 5.30 ********^$$£%^&*())*^^. What have I just said about time. Honestly, lovely as it is to get together and have a gossip, my blood pressure is going through the roof and I will be bald when I've finished pulling my hair out. :mad::mad::mad::facepalm::banghead::banghead::bigtears:

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just had literally dozens of texts about meeting with girlfriends on Thursday Ahhhhhhhhrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Where to go, suggest something, has it got a car park? No, no good unless there's a car park, despite the fact there's parking on street right outside. Time. I say I can't get there until about half six (dentist 4.30) Oh, right we'll meet at 5. Nooooo I can't make it! Oh alright how about 5.30 ********^$$£%^&*())*^^. What have I just said about time. Honestly, lovely as it is to get together and have a gossip, my blood pressure is going through the roof and I will be bald when I've finished pulling my hair out. :mad::mad::mad::facepalm::banghead::banghead::bigtears:
breathe Chris breathe lol....:p

S

Sable_Jan

Just meet up at the Coalie.......

Reactions: 2 people

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
This job is really getting to me at the moment ,had a very bad day yesterday , parked up in the yard at work midnight last night after 16 hrs managed to get about 5 hrs sleep , bloods up a bit for me this morning , back pain muzzy head and cramp in my fingers . The boss said one word out of place and I nearly took his head off :mad::mad::mad::mad: Can I blame it on being diabetic ?? :wacky::wacky::wacky:

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
This job is really getting to me at the moment ,had a very bad day yesterday , parked up in the yard at work midnight last night after 16 hrs managed to get about 5 hrs sleep , bloods up a bit for me this morning , back pain muzzy head and cramp in my fingers . The boss said one word out of place and I nearly took his head off :mad::mad::mad::mad: Can I blame it on being diabetic ?? :wacky::wacky::wacky:
And why not ? Hope your day get better x

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Course you can ;)... Boss shouldn't have said ANY words out of place..... :rolleyes:

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Just 2 thin loin steaks cooked in olive oil.....I had the same reaction from a chicken breast :( .....sent bg up from 5.1 to 8.9 on the pork and 8.6 on the chicken :(
Just a thought on this one. Type 2s are also more open to glucagon reactions than non-daibetics, dependent on how much damage there is to Beta cells. Eating protein causes a two phase reaction. There is an initial spike where insulin is released to help amino acids into the muscles, which is also countered with glucagon to manage the lack of glucose that comes with protein, and there is a follow up gluconeogenesis effect that results in a slower release of glucose from any excess protein.

It's likely that you are seeing the initial spike from the glucagon causing your bloods to rise and don't have the insulin or alpha-beta cell signalling to manage it.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a thought on this one. Type 2s are also more open to glucagon reactions than non-daibetics, dependent on how much damage there is to Beta cells. Eating protein causes a two phase reaction. There is an initial spike where insulin is released to help amino acids into the muscles, which is also countered with glucagon to manage the lack of glucose that comes with protein, and there is a follow up gluconeogenesis effect that results in a slower release of glucose from any excess protein.

It's likely that you are seeing the initial spike from the glucagon causing your bloods to rise and don't have the insulin or alpha-beta cell signalling to manage it.
Thanks for that Tim....I had the same reaction last night after dinner when I ate just a thin slice of turkey breast with veg. Oddly enough though I don't have this reaction from something like salmon or tuna or a cheese omelette which are all protein heavy? My numbers stay low with them and sometimes even drop to lower than my pre meal one. How could I stop this reaction happening...could I add something to the meal to even it out that I am not already having? (no clue what :( )....I usually have cauliflower and broccoli with any meat ..(pork, chicken, turkey) Last night's turkey went up to silly numbers and my FBG is the highest I have ever had this morning :(

JAY1JAY1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
Must admit I've had a better day today mind everyone has been walking on eggshells around me ;)

S

Sable_Jan

Thanks for that Tim....I had the same reaction last night after dinner when I ate just a thin slice of turkey breast with veg. Oddly enough though I don't have this reaction from something like salmon or tuna or a cheese omelette which are all protein heavy? My numbers stay low with them and sometimes even drop to lower than my pre meal one. How could I stop this reaction happening...could I add something to the meal to even it out that I am not already having? (no clue what :( )....I usually have cauliflower and broccoli with any meat ..(pork, chicken, turkey) Last night's turkey went up to silly numbers and my FBG is the highest I have ever had this morning :(
Seems very much as though "meat" and "birds" have something in them which fish and cheese proteins don't... have no idea what but maybe if you start a new thread with this in mind you will find other people are the same as you and maybe more knowledgeable on the subject?

Reactions: 3 people