Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Stemar, I may have missed whether you are T1 or T2, I know nothing of T1, being a T2... but if you are T2 and relatively recently diagnosed and trying to get your BG under control I would recommend giving bread a break and sugar in your coffee and see how your testing goes.
If I'm teaching you how to suck eggs, please forgive me.
Hj

Hi Hankjam,

Sorry it's taken me solong to respond to your post, I'm Type 2 and prior to my post my BGL's were in the High 20's and Teens, then I started following a LCHF Diet, since doing this my BGL's have come down considerably to low teens to about 7.2 which is amazing as far as I'm concerned. But even though I want to thank you for your suggestion about the bread and sugar, I'm unable to stop the sugar completly but I did manage to cut it in half. But thats only because I can't stand the after taste of the artificial sweetners I tried before going back to 1 level teaspoon of sugar instead of 2 as prior to your post, so I did appreciate your imput thanks.

Stemar, (Downunder)

Reactions: 2 people

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

Breakfast I had 2 poached eggs, 1 wholemeal roll with butter and a cup of coffee with 1 teaspoon of sugar,
BGL's Before Breakfast, 10.7, and 2 hours after breakfast, 11.1,
Lunch just a cup of coffee with 1 sugar,
BGL's 9.7
Dinner, 2 eggs fried in butter, grilled tomato and fried mushrooms, 1 wholemeal roll with butter and 1 cup of coffee with 1 sugar.
BGL's prior to dinner 8.7 to early for second test.

Stemar, (Downunder)

Reactions: 4 people

Scottish Mum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Pre Breakfast - 8 mmol
8am - 5 Strawberries
1pm - 7.9 mmol - no lunch - half hour walk.
Afternoon snack - 5 strawberries, 4 slices of cucumber
3.50pm - 7.6 mmo - pre evening meal
Current Status - Massively hungry, but blood sugar is below teens. Evening meal will be a challenge. Planning some grated cheese with salad and a mug of soup.

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
am: 4.8
B: Standard Chia coffee et al
L: celery, feta, olives, sauerkraut, chicken
pre: 4.8
D: Zizzi antipasta, chicken salad and some calamari, then some vanilla ice cream from Jannettas in St Andrews.. spread over a couple of hours.....

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast, despite being up late - usual mix with soya milk and almond butter
Dinner: VERY late - feta cheese and beetroot - did have some Granosa Veggie Luncheon too but not impressed so ate some peanut M&Ms - still an ok bs post
Tea: pkt mash, 3 Sainsbury's Veggie Cumberland Sausages, peas and gravy

Snacks - a peanut Lion bar and few more M&Ms - naughty today but some chocolate with nuts in seems to be pretty ok for me

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4am
Chia seed breakfast, yog nuts and 5 straws
L: Celery, olives, feta, sauerkraut
Pre: 4.8
D: Chicken, avocado salad, sauerkraut red wine 2 chocs

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual b/fast of hot oat cereal with oatbran and milled flax seed
Lunch - chicken and lettuce salad with 2 slices of seeded bread and FFalt Greek yoghurt with pureed blueberries and cherries
Snack - chocolate covered rice cake
Tea - 3 x 95% meat sausages, baked beans and mashed potato - 5.2 before, 8.2 @ 1 he and 7.0 @ 2 hr -will test again at 3 hrs to make sure going the right way!

Reactions: 6 people
S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast: usual porridge mix with soya milk and almond butter.... The milk was sweetened as I'd bought wrong one
Dinner: pack of Glamorgan sausages with 3 pieces of Granosa nut luncheon (nicer baked )
Tea: Carvery...gammon, cabbage, peas cauli cheese and roasties
Snacks: peanut M&Ms, 70% plain sugar free chocolate with orange cream filling

I know, too much choccy today........ But I know the M&Ms are OK between meals (for the bs, not the waistline ;)) and sugar free choc usually is)

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: usual porridge mix with soya milk and almond butter.... The milk was sweetened as I'd bought wrong one
Dinner: pack of Glamorgan sausages with 3 pieces of Granosa nut luncheon (nicer baked )
Tea: Carvery...gammon, cabbage, peas cauli cheese and roasties
Snacks: peanut M&Ms, 70% plain sugar free chocolate with orange cream filling

I know, too much choccy today........ But I know the M&Ms are OK between meals (for the bs, not the waistline ;)) and sugar free choc usually is)
At least the peanuts in the M&MS were low carb!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual b/fast of hot oat cereal with oatbran and milled flax seed
Lunch - chicken and lettuce salad with 2 slices of seeded bread and FFalt Greek yoghurt with pureed blueberries and cherries
Snack - chocolate covered rice cake
Tea - 3 x 95% meat sausages, baked beans and mashed potato - 5.2 before, 8.2 @ 1 he and 7.0 @ 2 hr -will test again at 3 hrs to make sure going the right way!
Tested at 3 hrs and down to 5.9:)

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast, despite being up late - usual mix with soya milk and almond butter
Dinner: VERY late - feta cheese and beetroot - did have some Granosa Veggie Luncheon too but not impressed so ate some peanut M&Ms - still an ok bs post
Tea: pkt mash, 3 Sainsbury's Veggie Cumberland Sausages, peas and gravy

Snacks - a peanut Lion bar and few more M&Ms - naughty today but some chocolate with nuts in seems to be pretty ok for me

Hi Sable_Jan,

I think if we stick to a regimented diet day in and day out, we'll eventually do ourselves harm by throwing the whole diet aside, then pigin out on what where not suppose too, in protest. So why not spoil ourselves every now and then, just to get past the mundain meals we need to eat, to keep a handle on our daily BGL's. So I hope you enjoyed each and every M&M you had.

Stemar, (Downunder)

S

Sable_Jan

Hi Sable_Jan,

I think if we stick to a regimented diet day in and day out, we'll eventually do ourselves harm by throwing the whole diet aside, then pigin out on what where not suppose too, in protest. So why not spoil ourselves every now and then, just to get past the mundain meals we need to eat, to keep a handle on our daily BGL's. So I hope you enjoyed each and every M&M you had.

Stemar, (Downunder)
Thanks @Stemar, yes I did, they were lovely......all gone now and no urge to eat anything other than my dinner which will be celery and smoked cheese and red grapes with feta...
Had 4 Krackawheat with butter and marmalade for breakfast, running late.... Just tested on 7.1 so upper end but still ok

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Stemar, yes I did, they were lovely......all gone now and no urge to eat anything other than my dinner which will be celery and smoked cheese and red grapes with feta...
Had 4 Krackawheat with butter and marmalade for breakfast, running late.... Just tested on 7.1 so upper end but still ok

Hi Sable_Jan,

Your Welcome, could you tell me what a Krackerwheat is please, as I've never heard of them here, in Oz.

Stemar, (Downunder)

Stemar

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All,

I hope your all doing Ok!

BGL's Prior 8.7
Breakfast; 2 poached eggs, 1 slice of wholemeal toast with butter and 1 cup of coffee with 1 sugar,
2 hours later 9.1
Lunch; never tested, I just had a cup of coffee with 1 sugar,
Prior 8.2
Dinner; 2 egg omlete with 2 rashers of shortcut bacon, tumuric, cayanne pepper and jarlsberg cheese, and a cup of coffee with 1 sugar.
2 hours later 8.4
I never new that tumuric and cayanne pepper were good for diabetics, but they really work, I bought this book on meals for diabetics by Jess Lomas and there's some very good options available, so I intend to try a different one each night.

Stemar, (Downunder)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Rise: 2 glasses of water and a cup of tea - no readings taken as I like to live dangerously at the weekend.

Breakfast: 4 mushrooms fried in a bit of butter, half a red chilli, a cup of my beef broth to make a soup. Fresh coffee (should I start putting butter in it?)

Snack - few nuts and seeds and a couple of glasses of water

Pre lunch: 5.8
Lunch: 4 rashers thin streaky bacon, 1 mushroom, one extra large egg, 2 slices of my home made bread (psyllium powder, coconut flour, eggs, baking powder - that thing).
3 mile walk
Post lunch 4.8 :) happy days!

Off to an Italian restaurant for dinner to celebrate my grandsons birthday - hope there is something for me to eat.

Reactions: 7 people
S

Sable_Jan

Hi All,

I hope your all doing Ok!

BGL's Prior 8.7
Breakfast; 2 poached eggs, 1 slice of wholemeal toast with butter and 1 cup of coffee with 1 sugar,
2 hours later 9.1
Lunch; never tested, I just had a cup of coffee with 1 sugar,
Prior 8.2
Dinner; 2 egg omlete with 2 rashers of shortcut bacon, tumuric, cayanne pepper and jarlsberg cheese, and a cup of coffee with 1 sugar.
2 hours later 8.4
I never new that tumuric and cayanne pepper were good for diabetics, but they really work, I bought this book on meals for diabetics by Jess Lomas and there's some very good options available, so I intend to try a different one each night.

Stemar, (Downunder)
4.5g carbs per cracker. Lightly salted finish to them ..... And I just had to eat that one seeing as I'd got it out of the packet. Didn't want to disappoint it .... And ate a second to stop it being lonely ;)

Attachments

• 1433603118555.jpg
    1433603118555.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 264

controlled

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
There seem to be some very strange eating habits on here!
I want to tell you all to eat MORE good food!
Yesterday I ate: 2 poached eggs on 2 ryvita for b'fast, chicken salad and 200g strawberries for lunch, curry and cauli rice for dinner, pack salted pistachios mid evening and 2/3 tin of Aldi's Tom, basil and cream fraiche soup at bedtime (I'm addicted to it after having restricted tomatoes for so long). Unlimited coffee with skimmed milk. (and a sneaky tablespoonful of my friend's toffee and pecan ice cream)
BG's under 6.5 at all times, about 1200cals, losing weight, feeling satisfied.

S

Sable_Jan

There seem to be some very strange eating habits on here!
I want to tell you all to eat MORE good food!
Yesterday I ate: 2 poached eggs on 2 ryvita for b'fast, chicken salad and 200g strawberries for lunch, curry and cauli rice for dinner, pack salted pistachios mid evening and 2/3 tin of Aldi's Tom, basil and cream fraiche soup at bedtime (I'm addicted to it after having restricted tomatoes for so long). Unlimited coffee with skimmed milk. (and a sneaky tablespoonful of my friend's toffee and pecan ice cream)
BG's under 6.5 at all times, about 1200cals, losing weight, feeling satisfied.
But this is the thread where we post what we REALLY eat, good or bad ;).....not the low carb version... :D

Reactions: 5 people