1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. catherinecherub

catherinecherub · Guest

This thread is not about what you think people should be eating but rather what they are eating @controlled.

This is why the thread is here as per Admin's words.
    "Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Low carb contributions are of course welcomed, but please keep in mind that this is not the low carb diet section, and debates about diet should be kept out of this thread. Happy posting!" ;)
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/type-2s-what-have-you-eaten-today.75783/

There is a low carb thread about people's daily meals here.
    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/what-have-you-eaten-today.75781/

2. Stemar

Stemar Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Sable_Jan,

Thank you for the jpg. I'll keep my eye's open next time I'm in the supermarket. Take care and I'll catch ya around.

Stemar, (Downunder)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Nannyrosie

Nannyrosie Type 2 · Member

Breakfast. Poached egg, round of kingsmills 50/50 toast, 1 tablespoon of baked beans.

Lunch. 2 rounds kingsmills 50/50 bread, grated cheese mixed with mayo, half slice of gammon ham. Small satsuma.

Dinner. Roast chicken, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, pickled beetroot, gherkins. Then a small piece of Raspberry roulade and 5 strawberries.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Daphne917

Daphne917 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

B/fast - scrambled eggs on seeded toast
    Lunch - roast pork and crackling, leeks, peas, beans and 2 roasties
    Afternoon tea - fresh cream eclair (naughty but nice)
    Tea - cheese, tomato and onion on toasted Lidl high protein roll plus strawberries and cream

• Like Like x 2
  5. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

No probs x

6. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Yesterday - Breakfast - bacon and eggs with tomato
    Then traveling all day - water, tea and a few nuts and seeds - pre dinner reading was 6.9 (big ouch for me)
    Dinner - Weatherspoons big mixed grill with side salad instead of the chips and onion rings - couple of glasses of red - post dinner reading 5.0

• Like Like x 4
  7. smigger62

smigger62 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Weet a box X2 dried fruit and cereal seed topper..semi milk
    Lucy seeded ham sandwich
    Dinner.liver and bacon small mash potatoes and peas.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Breakfast: Banana cake and custard
    Dinner: bits of stuff...celery, cheese, Pringles, chocolate cake (low carb version)
    Snack....2 water biscuits w butter
    Tea: my take on.broccoli and stilton soup using feta instead and half cauli as well as broccoli...and spring onions plus bit f leftover cooked cabbage and leek and 2 veg stock cubes....

• Like Like x 2
  9. Stemar

Stemar Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone,

Hope your all feeling Ok!

Prior to 9.5
    Breakfast, 2 eggs fried in butter along with some mushrooms fried in butter, a cuppa with 1 level teaspoon of white sugar,
    2 hours later 9.4
    lunch didn't test as only had a cuppa with 1 sugar,
    Prior to 7.7
    Dinner 6 Brussel Sprouts boiled in microwave then fried in butter along with mushrooms, 1 Large Green, & 1 Red Chillies + 2 Small Hot Chillies, fried in Tumeric, Chinese Five Spices, Cayanne Pepper, all mixed together with a 1/2 cup water and a tablespoon of corn flour to thicken and make a bit oof sauce. then I had a cuppa coffee with 1 level teaspoon of white sugar.
    2 hours later 7.9

Stemar, (Downunder)

• Like Like x 6
  10. Jajabing

Jajabing Prediabetes · Active Member

I had one rather big slab of chicken leg with 3 small sized tomates with scrambled eggs (2 eggs).

(It's delicious but i think i overdid it with the eggs, was so full the whole day and felt like i'm about to burst. Also feeling really sleepy with this newly acquired form of low carb-ing of food. My readings are 6.3 before meal and 6.8 after)

Dinner was a small salad and duck confitt with a tiny scoop of potatoes in a lot of cream.

Supper, cheese with hazelnuts and dried cranberries.

• Like Like x 6
  11. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

on holiday right now
    2 glasses of water and a cup of tea

pre breakfast 6.6
    Bacon, eggs mushrooms
    post breakfast 6.0

lunch - no testing - asparagus, bacon, eggs, hollandaise sauce. 2 glasses of red wine, water, coffee

walked 5 1/2 miles according to pedometer

pre dinner 4.8
    salted beef, lettuce, tomato, red pepper and half a slice of low carb bread. Necterine and greek yoghurt for pud. 2 glasses of water, 2 glasses of red wine.
    Post dinner 5.2

Note to self: must buy more of that dry red wine it looks like it's good stuff.

• Like Like x 6
  12. gillyhill

gillyhill Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I am not hungry today and am reluctant to eat. Can anybody suggest anything to help? I'm not on insulin

• Like Like x 2
  13. karencymru

karencymru · Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

#333 karencymru, Jun 10, 2015 at 1:10 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2015
  14. podger78

podger78 Type 2 · Newbie

breakfast porridge alpen unsweetend milk toast no butter with mackeral slice of toast with thin layer of honey rading of 13 why

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

What were you before you ate? That figure matters because you have no idea what that breakfast did your levels without knowing where you started. I would suggest the porridge, toast and honey were to blame.

• Like Like x 4
  16. IzzieS

IzzieS Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Breakfast, 28grams nutty granola, omega 3seed mix, nectarine, tea
    Lunch, 2 scrambled eggs with 1 slice seeded loaf, banana, coffee x2
    Undecided about eve meal, possibly salad with a couple of small new potatoes.

• Like Like x 6
  17. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Hi @podger78 if you pop over to the low carb section to view a similar thread that should help you. In fact the whole low carb section should give you valuable info and relationship between carbs and blood sugar levels....
    Hope this helps

• Like Like x 2
  18. carol43

carol43 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

19. carol43

carol43 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Made the Stracciatella cake today, used 85% chocolate but most of it sunk to the bottom. Still taste lovely.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan · Guest

Try adding a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder next time but no essence.....gorgeous chocolate cake......

• Like Like x 2
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook