What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG: 5.9

All I can say today about my food is that my BG spiked to the 9's... feeling disappointed at myself, upset, and very unmotivated... yes my numbers come back to 5's after 2 hours... but I need to lose weight and at this pace it won't happen... :(

Sorry you've had a bad day. As another poster has typed, tomorrow is another day....

Reactions: 8 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's not as sticky as potato that's for sure but as an alternative I like it, stop before it burns though...... I grate and cook with OO and some butter and keep it moving, bit of salt later on.

HJ - Do you still achieve a disc? In other words, the ".... keep it moving...", I'm assuming you almost rotate it, as opposed to any other form of shuffling the celeriac around the pan.

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
It's not as sticky as potato that's for sure but as an alternative I like it, stop before it burns though...... I grate and cook with OO and some butter and keep it moving, bit of salt later on.

Yea I've been thinking about that and thought an emulsifier is required. So a bit of beaten egg poured into spiced and seasoned grated celeriac, a bit of thinly sliced onion. Mixed and shaped then pan fried in a OO/butter mix, might work???

Opps off topic again....

B: 500ml water.
chia, coconut milk, ground linseed, almond extract with crunched walnuts. Loving this breki for how easy and filling. Cracked 2 capsules of linseed oil into it as well.
This kept me going with no snacks for 4.5hrs!! Rushed to check BG and it was 5.4mmol/L

L: smoked herring in a home made tomato n veg sauce. With Chinese cabbage as wraps and a mixed pepper salad.

S: 1 tsp peanut butter with seeds

D: homemade 'slaw with sunflower and pumpkin seeds, leftover herring dish. 1 glass of white wine.

I didn't eat a lot today as I drank a lot more water than I usually do. So until my body gets used to being actually hydrated, I think my food intake will go down. Can't be a bad thing.

Reactions: 6 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why oh why did I end up here. I am torturing myself by reading all these lovely concuctions. Today I have eaten not a lot.

Reactions: 7 people

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Salmon and avocado
Got the last 2 jars of the whole Earth peanut butter with seeds...was willing to fight for them.
@ Gravity-Carb I almost bought some today but wasn't sure how nice it is....As you were up to fighting for some, can I take it that it's yummy then?

Reactions: 5 people

Gravity-Carb

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Salmon and avocado

@ Gravity-Carb I almost bought some today but wasn't sure how nice it is....As you were up to fighting for some, can I take it that it's yummy then?

I hadn't tasted it before willing to fight for it ;-) it was the 4.9g of carbs that got my attention.

I like crunchy peanut butter, this is a crunch that you get from seeds so not bad. I have had it by the spoon, on a slice of apple and scooped onto celery. And yeah it works.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
HJ - Do you still achieve a disc? In other words, the ".... keep it moving...", I'm assuming you almost rotate it, as opposed to any other form of shuffling the celeriac around the pan.
Probably over did the keep it moving a bit... it does form a type of disc. I tend to throw the whole lot in, mix and cook and then separate it into smaller rounds which can be flipped.

I'm liking the idea of adding onion beaten egg @Gravity-Carb .

hognose

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes, injections/needles.......veg salad fibromyalgia
B.lidl protein roll 1/2,ham 30g = carbs 5.1, cals 164
and plan on
L.whitefish[cornmeal for batter10g] 100g,califlour 80g,carrots 100g,swede 100g = carbs 16.5, cals 165
S.lidl protein roll, ham 30g,cheese 20g = carbs 10g,cals 363
total carbs 31.6, cals 692

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not being able to like beer anymore!!
Yesterday
B - 2 bacon, 1 fried egg, babybel
L - Chicken salad, avocado
D - spinach surrender and meatza
S - babybel and a nice bottle of shiraz

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
They're recipes I found online, maybe even on here somewhere. I thought folks might know them. Anyway...

Spinach Surrender is 4 eggs, 75g grated cheddar and 100g finely chopped spinach. Mix it all together and bang it in the oven. It's a bit like a quiche.

Meatza is just pizza but using minced beef as the base. Spread your mince out thinly in a tray and bake for half an hour. Then pile on your toppings and cheese then pop it under the grill.

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They're recipes I found online, maybe even on here somewhere. I thought folks might know them. Anyway...

Spinach Surrender is 4 eggs, 75g grated cheddar and 100g finely chopped spinach. Mix it all together and bang it in the oven. It's a bit like a quiche.

Meatza is just pizza but using minced beef as the base. Spread your mince out thinly in a tray and bake for half an hour. Then pile on your toppings and cheese then pop it under the grill.
@Geoffers Taylor ...Thank you so much....sounds delicious and will be trying both :D

Reactions: 7 people

GeoffersTaylor

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reactions: 4 people

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone:)

B. Raspberries and cream

L. A slice of ham and a pice of cheese with chilli

D. Charcoal chicken with Mediterranean vegetables. Dessert. Raspberries with diabetic ice cream. This was lovely but I think I got carried away and had too much! Maybe after the tub is finished I won't buy any more .

Gezzabelle

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lidl roll, Avocado and Crispy bacon
Homemade Chicken curry with cauliflower rice
Raspberries and sugar free jelly

Reactions: 12 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coffeencream and kippers n scram egg. Splendid!
L: not needed!
D: Lidl protein roll with Brie and 2 Lidl cheeses, one chilli, the other blue. Even more splendid! May have strawberries later.

Not enough veg!

Reactions: 9 people

mehhh2015

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG: 5.6

B: Coffee and Lactofree. Some greek yogurt with chia, flax, berries.
L: Sausage, lettuce, avocado, black olives salad
D: 1 boiled egg with tuna mayo, ketchup and mustard.
S: 2 pork scratchings

mo53

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don't think I eat enough eggs and maybe vegetables