Type 1 Diabetes is killing me

indiaemily

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm in my own room with the door shut so i don't see anyone for hours on end especially at this time I have the prefilled pens that holds 100units, so I did 33 units but it's not even that much in the scheme of things. it upsets me that other people have been in similar situations to me but have made it through but I just can't see a way through all of this, my depression is hitting me right in the face today

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Listen to me...this is serious now...call someone...that is a whole lot of insulin and you need help...use the call button and tell someone what you've done...before you get too low.

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm in my own room with the door shut so i don't see anyone for hours on end especially at this time I have the prefilled pens that holds 100units, so I did 33 units but it's not even that much in the scheme of things. it upsets me that other people have been in similar situations to me but have made it through but I just can't see a way through all of this, my depression is hitting me right in the face today

Use your bedside buzzer to alert the staff and tell them that you have taken an overdose of insulin, it isn't worth it as there's no problem that can't be overcome, you should tell the medics about the depth of your depression so that they can provide the help and support you deserve.

Reactions: 2 people

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@indiaemily

If you do succeed in your OD mission have you not thought that your work colleagues will get into serious trouble for not checking on you?

Please consume some glucose NOW.

Listen to what we are trying to tell you. Get help NOW.

indiaemily

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
no because they don't know in suicidal so they've no reason to check on me, I'm trusted

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Are you there? Have you pressed the buzzer yet? Please tell us where we are so we can get you some help

indiaemily

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't need help honestly, I'm fully aware of why I'm doing and I still feel fine, no erratic heart beat, no shakes, no hot sweats, I'm fine x

Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well... All I can say is that they are not doing their job properly. Whether you are trusted or not they should be checking on you.

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Honey please....this really isn't the answer...you're young...you have your whole life ahead of you

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Things may not have worked out for you up till now but you need to get help...you need to tell them how you're feeling so that they can help. We'll all help and support you to get on track when you get out

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Why aren't you telling people of your angst and Why are you going to let your colleagues get in to so much trouble and have to go to Coroners Court to explain why you were left to kill yourself from self administering an overdose.

Why?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Why are you so angry against your colleagues and family that you have done this and won't press the buzzer for help?

LizzieNI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't need help honestly, I'm fully aware of why I'm doing and I still feel fine, no erratic heart beat, no shakes, no hot sweats, I'm fine x
Hi Emily
That is usually what's it like when someone tries to kill themselves (trust me I know). Tbere is calm and peace at having made the decision- relief even.
It doesn't mean it's the right thing to do. Please tell someone. Please hqve some sugar. X

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This will absolutely devastate your parents...I have a daughter just a year older than you and would hate for her to ever feel like you are now...please...let people help you...it doesn't have to be this way

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Come on get some help, don't do this please, we all want you to get well, you're one of us and diabetes unites us, life is precious don't give up the fight, please.

indiaemily

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
one moment I think yeah let's get well, then I just overrule myself and realise that I'm stuck with diabetes and depression because diabetes can't be cured and I can't treat my depression x

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All of this can be fixed...ok we can't fix the diabetes but we can support you in getting control. The depression can also be dealt with and with better control it won't be such a big issue