Type 1 Diabetes is killing me

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The progress with a cure is exciting one lady has come off insulin after being type I for years and your depression can be sorted out, there is light at the end of the tunnel, I've had it for 48 years and I look on the bright side, tell them all your fears and they will help you, come on you can do it x

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
U can get the depression sorted if you talk... But you aren't talking to the people that can help you... Like said they would NEVER leave you self administering.

You need to talk and tell someone.

LizzieNI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Depression does ebb and flow, even for those who suffer it chronically. It will get better. Xx

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've sent you my phone number by PM...if you want to talk please call me...I will call you straight back if credit is a problem x

D

Deleted member 83869

one moment I think yeah let's get well, then I just overrule myself and realise that I'm stuck with diabetes and depression because diabetes can't be cured and I can't treat my depression x
Why cant you treat your depression??? Message me if you like, im 21 and i have depression too xx

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@indiaemily The cure for Type 1 isn't far away - I wouldn't say that if I didn't believe it.

As for the depression - get help. It's as much an illness as a broken leg. It can be fixed.

Press your buzzer and speak to someone. Once you take that step you'll feel a lot better.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted member 83869

I dont want to come across as harsh or whatever but why wont you get help for depression? Dont you want help? Do you "like" being depressed? I used to feel terribley depressed not just diabetes related i put off getting help for years and when i finally did i wish i did it sooner, go get help and stop destroying yourself and the others around you THAT CARE!!!

indiaemily

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had had help for depression they put me on antidepressants and I overdosed also I have been seeing therapists every other day, so I've had help it hasn't worked. my blood pressure is fine and my blood sugar is 9 so I'm still ok

D

Deleted member 83869

Then the antidepressants they gave you was obviously the wrong ones? There's a cure for everyone you've just got to find the one and have faith in yourself! Dont let this disease defeat you because killing yourself will mean its won! Have faith in yourself! Xx

Reactions: 4 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Do you want to be sectioned?

LizzieNI

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sugar could crash suddenly yet after such a large dose.
I'd say you need to find the right therapist. Cbt was terrible for me and I know that gets promoted alot. You should even Google the different types of therapy as there's loads. One will suit you. Same could be said for antidepressants. Xxx

Reactions: 2 people

iHs

I had had help for depression they put me on antidepressants and I overdosed also I have been seeing therapists every other day, so I've had help it hasn't worked. my blood pressure is fine and my blood sugar is 9 so I'm still ok

What is bothering you the most about being diabetic?

The multi injections can be replaced by 2 injections?
The need to calculate the carb in food is actually a godsend than a hindrance
The bg testing can also be replaced by cgm

Reactions: 2 people

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
could an @Administrator get indiaemily's mobile phone details from her posts on here to determine where she is located so 999 could be contacted ?