Type 1 Diabetes is killing me

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi I just wanted to say goodnight and you are in my thoughts. Try and have a peaceful and a restful nights sleep.
I know it’s hard to see this right now, but it’s only temporary… Things will change. You won’t feel this way forever. Look to that day.

RRB x

Reactions: 7 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I think we have to leave this to the professionals now to help... There is nothing more that we can say or do. Emily has made her decision. We have all tried to get her to hit the button.. She isn't disabled. We will have to hope that the hospital find her.

Reactions: 2 people

Natalie1974

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Glad you're ok...I have work in the morning so I'm off to my bed now...hope you have a good nights rest. Night night x

Reactions: 2 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Well, I hope you remain safe as nobody on this forum can now advise you more. We have tried everything we can to try and help... I hope that you are fine and will find some professional help as we cannot get help to you. Our words are only words of caring and sharing and advice. Night nightxx

Reactions: 4 people

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have reported this to the mods in the hope that they have some kind of crisis response method in place for dealing with situations like this. If the OP has seriously overdosed, then she needs help beyond what people at an internet forum could possibly provide - if she hasn't, it's very cruel to toy with the emotions of people who have gone out of their way to help her.

Reactions: 8 people

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I have taken similar but different steps and my thoughts are identical to Indy on any further help we can give and to what the special forum members here can actually do to help any further.

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.
Indiaemily sorry but I think you are being inconsiderate towards the people of this forum and those around you. We can't do anything to help except offer words of support and heaven knows, we've tried.

I'm able to put this out of my mind in between reading your thread but I am sure others will be worried sick about you and have trouble sleeping tonight. You can fix this by being honest with the nurses and letting them help you, and letting us know you've done that.

My friend lost her 20 year old son to suicide a few years ago and you have no idea of the pain she lives with every day. His funeral was the most horrifically painful funeral I have ever been to. When I was suicidal in the past, what stopped me was the feeling that it's bad enough that depression has caused me so much suffering, but it would be worse to transfer that suffering onto so many other people. I forced myself to hold on to hope and to seek treatment, and it worked.

I've had depression on and off since I was your age, that's over 20 years. In that time I've found out that if you try different drugs eventually you find one that works, and the same goes for talk therapy.

I've also learned a fair bit about T1 diabetes and I know that not only it is fairly easy (in most cases) to get it under control, if you do what you need to do, I also know there will be a transplant solution within a few years. I read an article about the woman in the US who has had a successful transplant already. All they need to do now is more testing then they can make it available for everyone. You could be one of the first people in the world to get a transplant, if you wait a bit longer.

Once your diabetes is under control they can try another drug for the depression. You'd be amazed how much better you will feel once you find the drug that works for you.

I really feel for your mother. Please be honest with her... she must be going out of her mind with worry and I bet she wishes you would talk to her.

Reactions: 10 people

ButtterflyLady

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Acceptance of health treatment claims that are not adequately supported by evidence. I dislike it when people sell ineffective and even harmful alternative health products to exploit the desperation of people with chronic illness.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Administrator @Giverny

Can you please advise what steps the forum have in place to deal with situations like this one where a member posts that they have deliberately overdosed on the open forum? Can you also advise what procedures the members should be following in such instances to alert the forum, its owners and/or the authorities? Thank you.

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
@indiaemily

I wouldn't be giving up just yet. You're a long time gone. Dismiss your family all you wish from this equation, but yourself?

Vicious cycle with depression involved .... I get that. Not the answer though. Fight this.