Type 2 Life

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Throwing it down in Newcastle this morning. One of those dark, wet days when it's nice to snuggle up covered with a soft fleece blanket, hot cuppa & a good book, listening to the rain hitting the windows. Quite calming in a weird kind of way. BG was 4.6 fasting and a 5.1 before bed. My numbers are running lower of late. I'd drifted into a few bad eating habits & decided to knock them on the head. That little bit of tweaking has obviously helped. Have a lovely day folks, whatever it is you're getting up to today. :)

image.jpg

Reactions: 13 people

Baruney

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Arvo troops

7.3 this morning. Carb blowout before a fat fast with the usual suspects next week.

Reactions: 14 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 am, slept like a log.... and could have stayed in longer.
Stayed up to see Everton knock off Chelsea.... lovely.
Looking nicer today than yesterday in NE Fife...... off to dig the garden.. then put the belly pork on for slow roast dinner

Happy Sunday

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hope you're all having a lovely Sunday. A warmish, sunny day in Newcastle would you believe. Have been busy mowing the lawns & tidying the garden ready for Autumn. It doesn't half build up an appetite. Got a Chicken roasting in the oven, with stuffing balls & parsnips. I'll pop some prepared Mediterranean vegetables into roast soon too. Creamy mash just to microwave. I like an easy Sunday dinner. Who wants to be tied to the kitchen all day?! FBG this morning was 5.2, which follows a 5.4 at bedtime. Indulged in some New York Cheesecake last night. Smallish portion with some blueberries. Very nice & no BG spike. Yay! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday folks.

image.jpg

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
up slightly later than normal and routine to pot....
5.2 am
gardening and cooking, pork belly not a success.... way too fatty and not enough meat, local butcher too.... bah.
Happy Mondays!

Reactions: 9 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
up slightly later than normal and routine to pot....
5.2 am
gardening and cooking, pork belly not a success.... way too fatty and not enough meat, local butcher too.... bah.
Happy Mondays!
Yeah belly pork is very fatty I am not a fan of anything fatty. Pork loin braised in gravy for a few hours on low is more like it.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 am
up again last night at 01:30, sweating and toilet so tested to see what was going on, 5.6, seemed ok.

Reactions: 11 people

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
8.4 today at work soon , had a big bowl of cerials before work and before insulin ...notice of two weks given in as find working has sent my level too high ...unsure how others manage a job with diabetes???

Reactions: 12 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning everyone. Dull & wet in Newcastle. Looks like it's here to stay for today. ☔️ BG is ok though, with a nice 4.7 fasting. Had a rogue reading beforehand. I'd accidentally left a test strip out, loose inside the meter wallet. So, i just used it, as you do. Got a reading of 2.7. Gave myself a right old fright, as I didn't have any hypo warning signs. Re-tested of course, with a strip straight from the pot, which is my 4.7 reading. Lesson learnt! Enjoy your Monday folks. Good health.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all 5.8 this morning those stupid steroids Pushing my numbers up again:rolleyes:. At least I got a descent night sleep only up twice:)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning from a damp, dreary, miserable Yorkshire.

Level this morning has sneaked back up to 6.4 and I had a play around with my numbers yesterday.

I try to estimate what my HbA1C level might be by taking an average of my last 32 results - which is 16 days, as I test twice a day. No real scientific basis for picking 32 results but it does seem to give me a close approximation to what the "official" test comes back as.

Plotting this figure calculated for every result and studying the graph it is clear my levels were falling nicely until the very last day of my holidays, when they reached a low of 5.13.

Since then however they have climbed fairly steadily until they reached a high of around 5.78 a week ago, and they have remained around this level all week.

I guess I need to take a leaf out of AJ10s book and tweak my diet a bit too....

Alzebra

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hello people!

Nice run of 4.8s and 4.6s over the past few days, but have been too busy with work to get on and post. Weight loss coming along nicely and I#m getting lovely comments from staff and students at school :happy:

Reactions: 15 people

Merrylizard1314

This morning 4.6 mmmol/L. And ketones 1.8 Into day 2 of the September Fat Fast, and hoping
@ Baruney will be able to stop his head banging and join in soon!
Be well everyone.

Reactions: 14 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Morning folks. Happy to see another kilogram gone this week. That's a grand total of 36.1kg & a year since I gave up the cigarettes. Got to admit though...I still get the craving for one, even after a year. I wonder if that will ever go away. :meh: BG 4.9 fasting today. Off shopping this morning with my lovely, but completely dotty (in a nice way,) 83 year old Ma. Daren't let Dad come too. One badly behaved OAP is quite enough thank you very much. ;) Have a great day everyone. Good health. To those on the September fat-fast, good luck. :happy:

image.jpg

Reactions: 21 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning folks. Happy to see another kilogram gone this week. That's a grand total of 36.1kg & a year since I gave up the cigarettes. Got to admit though...I still get the craving for one, even after a year. I wonder if that will ever go away. :meh: BG 4.9 fasting today. Off shopping this morning with my lovely, but completely dotty (in a nice way,) 83 year old Ma. Daren't let Dad come too. One badly behaved OAP is quite enough thank you very much. ;) Have a great day everyone. Good health. To those on the September fat-fast, good luck. :happy:

View attachment 15715
Good work on the Weight and baccy... Tick, VG and a Gold Star. :happy:

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 am
third HbAc1 test this morning.... so fingers are crossed.... been eating a lot of soft fruit... so am wondering...
Good day chums
Hj

Reactions: 10 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 am
third HbAc1 test this morning.... so fingers are crossed.... been eating a lot of soft fruit... so am wondering...
Good day chums
Hj

Reactions: 7 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Reactions: 6 people