Type 2 Life

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's all going haywire this week. It showed 6.4 FBG, did it 10 minutes later got a 5.8. Then had scrambled egg & 3 chipolaters, 1 hour later was 6.4, 2 hours later 7.3 and then 3 hours later 6.4 again. No idea why I am getting these readings, that breakfast has never done that to me before and my fasting readings are higher this week as well. Weird.

Reactions: 2 people

Type2Guy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.7 for this morning's reading. Higher numbers unleash the OCD captain of my brain on a very rocky path. I'll probably be wearing multiple layers of socks for a while, counting my steps as I walk my dog around the block and cleaning at a microscopic level to rid my home of the invisible bacteria that my sometimes blurry hyperglycemic vision is still miraculously able to magnify. I need to remind myself to reach out to my mental health professional in these pressing moments.

Reactions: 6 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hello folks. It's not too bad a day in Newcastle. Sun is shining anyway. Traffic is nuts again though now that the kids are back to school. Deep joy. :mad: The commute can be well stressful. And there isn't half some idiots on the road! Moi excluded of course. ;) FBG was 5.0 this morning, after a 5.3 at bedtime. Been strict with my food choices so far today as tonight I'm going to be sharing, with my other half, a portion of Cod & chips from my local chippy. Looking forward to that. :hungry: Ive found that losing weight & obtaining decent glycaemic control, has allowed me the luxury of being able to have treats that I can share with my family. It's good to be "normal" I've found. :) Enjoy the remainder of your Thursday everyone. Best wishes & good health.

image.jpg

Reactions: 11 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Hi Folks

Had a 5.6 yesterday morning, prior to taking my daughter back to University.

Not something I look forward to TBH, as the amount of stuff she "needs" makes my car seem inadequate.

The 250 mile drive doesn't help either, particularly since being embellished by three sections of average speed check 50 mph limits down the M1, one of which is about 29 miles long.

Neither does the fact that her flat is on the fourth floor, or that we then have to go shopping for all the other stuff she "needs".

To make this bearable, my wife and I stay overnight in an hotel and go out for a meal once she is installed to a rather good Indian restaurant we know, breakfast the next morning is hotel provided, we talk a walk on the seafront, then drive the 250 miles back again - noting the limits are still there, nothing has changed, and no-one is actually working.......

And I am sure I have come across more numpties on the road during the last two days than AJ ever will on the school run.

Despite all the distractions and complications though - snack lunches from service stations, Indian meal out and a hotel breakfast, BG level on arrival at the hotel yesterday were down to 5.5, and further down again to a more reasonable 5.2 this morning.

Which I am actually both quite surprised and pleased by!

Reactions: 8 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies, discrimination of any kind, bad manners, parents who let their kids run amok & spoil things for everyone else, unkind spiteful people, being a clumsy clod, toast crumbs in the bed, cold feet!!
Hi Folks

Had a 5.6 yesterday morning, prior to taking my daughter back to University.

Not something I look forward to TBH, as the amount of stuff she "needs" makes my car seem inadequate.

The 250 mile drive doesn't help either, particularly since being embellished by three sections of average speed check 50 mph limits down the M1, one of which is about 29 miles long.

Neither does the fact that her flat is on the fourth floor, or that we then have to go shopping for all the other stuff she "needs".

To make this bearable, my wife and I stay overnight in an hotel and go out for a meal once she is installed to a rather good Indian restaurant we know, breakfast the next morning is hotel provided, we talk a walk on the seafront, then drive the 250 miles back again - noting the limits are still there, nothing has changed, and no-one is actually working.......

And I am sure I have come across more numpties on the road during the last two days than AJ ever will on the school run.

Despite all the distractions and complications though - snack lunches from service stations, Indian meal out and a hotel breakfast, BG level on arrival at the hotel yesterday were down to 5.5, and further down again to a more reasonable 5.2 this morning.

Which I am actually both quite surprised and pleased by!

Sounds like a stressful couple of days. But your numbers are great, so enjoy that Indian meal once in a while. I've got a son at university....I can't get my head around how much stuff he says he needs. And the mess! YIKES! :eek: I could vomit. ;) Hope your daughter settles back into UNI life quickly.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Sounds like a stressful couple of days. But your numbers are great, so enjoy that Indian meal once in a while. I've got a son at university....I can't get my head around how much stuff he says he needs. And the mess! YIKES! :eek: I could vomit. ;) Hope your daughter settles back into UNI life quickly.

Thanks for that

I understand the mess comment too - does he also subscribe to the "floordrobe" theory - and if so, does he need to take 4573 coat hangars back with him? :eek:

As for enjoying meals out, I fully support the view that the occasional foray back to "normal" life is no bad thing, especically when you have some understanding of your limits. In my case, I tend to go for king prawns and limit my bread intake to about half a chipatti...

And I also insist on full fat lager :cool::cool:

Reactions: 5 people

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today, I'm chilled about taking son to Plymouth Uni tomorrow, it's the picking up next June that is the horror story, and the hours spent clearing up an already supposedly cleaned house Being male the hanger requirement is zero.

JoyceGlasgow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Jogging
Late to post 4.7 really pleased as been on holiday in Majorca all inclusive for last 2weeks .walked over 70 miles when away overindulged in the sweet department and feel as if put on lbs I don't weigh my self I go by my clothes lol. Now back on straight and narrow as big blood test on Tuesday am. Hope all have a good weekend.

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
BG this morning was 4.5 fasting, after a 5.2 at bedtime. Woke up with a banging headache though, & it's lingered all day. Eventually subsided after taking 300mg Aspirin. Experimented with porridge made with coconut milk for breakfast. First time I've eaten porridge in several months. Tasted great, was very filling & less than a 2 point rise in BG. Kept me feeling full far longer than my usual brekkie, so I'll be having it again. Nothing quite beats a good old fry-up though. But who the hell has time to cook one every morning. Especially with the mess to follow. So, I have a fry-up in the evening for tea instead. Deeeelicious. :hungry: Looking forward to the coming weekend. Family time is so important to me. Got cinema vouchers, so I'll be off to see a movie at some point. Anyone recommend a good movie? Enjoy your weekend too folks. Good health.

image.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
4.8 this morning.

My first below 5.0 since diagnosis! I feel like singing! But it is too early. So I came in here instead :). So I guess this is me singing and sharing my joy to the forum world.

All I had to do was eat lobster, scallops, shrimps and champagne last night. Gee. (OK, and I'm trying out actually drinking apple cider vinegar at bedtime these days too.) (And good conversation with friends always lowers my BG.) (And there is the LC thing...) (No HF yesterday - dairy free, hmmmmm)

Top of the morning to you all!

Reactions: 10 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
6.0 this morning a bit high for me but did have a lemon and agave syrup drink last night cause throat was sore form nebulizer (common side effect) :rolleyes:. Off to work this morning for first time this week, those lads can do the lifting :)

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
BG this morning was 4.5 fasting, after a 5.2 at bedtime. Woke up with a banging headache though, & it's lingered all day. Eventually subsided after taking 300mg Aspirin. Experimented with porridge made with coconut milk for breakfast. First time I've eaten porridge in several months. Tasted great, was very filling & less than a 2 point rise in BG. Kept me feeling full far longer than my usual brekkie, so I'll be having it again. Nothing quite beats a good old fry-up though. But who the hell has time to cook one every morning. Especially with the mess to follow. So, I have a fry-up in the evening for tea instead. Deeeelicious. :hungry: Looking forward to the coming weekend. Family time is so important to me. Got cinema vouchers, so I'll be off to see a movie at some point. Anyone recommend a good movie? Enjoy your weekend too folks. Good health.

View attachment 15633
Not been to the movies in years, child care makes it difficult, and often wonder if they are good as they were, the going experience that is rather than the films, my chums at work seem to suggest it can be a bear pit with mobile lights all over the place.... getting old me?
Fancy a fry this weekend, not had one in yonks.
Hj

Reactions: 7 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 this morning.

My first below 5.0 since diagnosis! I feel like singing! But it is too early. So I came in here instead :). So I guess this is me singing and sharing my joy to the forum world.

All I had to do was eat lobster, scallops, shrimps and champagne last night. Gee. (OK, and I'm trying out actually drinking apple cider vinegar at bedtime these days too.) (And good conversation with friends always lowers my BG.) (And there is the LC thing...) (No HF yesterday - dairy free, hmmmmm)

A sub 5 is always good to get, the first one especially done, not easy.... singing and sharing is great. :happy:

Reactions: 12 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning a bit high for me but did have a lemon and agave syrup drink last night cause throat was sore form nebulizer (common side effect) :rolleyes:. Off to work this morning for first time this week, those lads can do the lifting :)
I hope the work goes well and get dem boys lifting with bent knees.
Hj

Reactions: 8 people

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 am
steak and cheese sauce, spinach and cheese, baked garlic/olive oil dressing and a glass of red wine, with lots of water.
Weather forecast not good for this part of the world today, thinking of nipping up to Forfar for the market... though it could be Cupar.
Good weekend to all
Hj

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
4.8 am
steak and cheese sauce, spinach and cheese, baked garlic/olive oil dressing and a glass of red wine, with lots of water.
Weather forecast not good for this part of the world today, thinking of nipping up to Forfar for the market... though it could be Cupar.
Good weekend to all
Hj
Will make them work, enjoy your day at the market

Reactions: 4 people

Alisonjane10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
4.8 this morning.

Laughed at your post @AloeSvea. You have a way with words. But hey, your first below 5.0 fbg...fantastic. Glad you shared it with us here. Your virtual song in the forum world sounds good. :);) It's a great feeling when your numbers reflect your hard work.

Reactions: 15 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning Folks

slight lie in this morning and a 5.7 reading, which I am beginning to feel is kind of "normal" these days.

But should I be working a bit harder to get it lower?