Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear All,

We will shortly be putting live a low-carb diabetes diet section on Diabetes.co.uk. As a forum of those that do not low-carb, which other diabetes dietary approaches would you like us to focus on?

Regards,

Admin

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
As someone who is an advocate of the GI/GL method of diet I would like to see more information about that area.

It does look daunting to a 'newbie' but if it was explained here better I think that would be of benefit.

Ken.

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
100% in agreement with Cugila, plus more emphasis on portion control
thumbsup.gif

FordPrefect

Sounds good so far. Portion sizes is probably the biggest misunderstanding about the DUK advice as many people stack there plates higher so the advice then is wrong. I'd also suggest that maybe some recipes might be nice including some no sugar/low sugar/splenda cakes/buiscuits might be nice too!

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Administrator,

Good idea having different sections for individuals following a particular diet.

Another useful section could be on drinks, providing nutritional values to each. I mean everyday drinks such as tea, coffee, fruit juice, squash and fizzy pop. This section could also include alcoholic drinks, although best to put a disclaimer in this section to say that the forum does not advocate drinking ! :wink:

Nigel

kegstore

Dislikes
Unnecessary rudeness, and any PC
...plus more emphasis on portion control...
If it's somewhere that this ridiculous, vague, inaccurate and totally subjective term can finally be clarified then I'm all for it.