Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Myangelsmom

Well done Myangelsmom. Every pound is an achievement:)

I hit 11st 13lbs last week and another 1lb this week. Feels amazing to be in the 11 stone bracket. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app
Well done! I can't wait to be down in that range! (Had to look up 11 stone though. LOL!) my stupid weight went up, a lot, overnight. No idea what I ate/did... Going to be extra careful today. Back to 202.6lbs. Ugh. Well, one day I'll break 200... And I might even throw a LCHF party to mark the momentous occasion. :p

Reactions: 6 people

scouse13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Be careful steroids should be reduced slowly in steps else you can drive yourself into Adrenal Insufficiency.
Thanx for advice
The eye clinic bods supplied a program of reduction for me.
I know it is for my good but it is not pleasant.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Well done! I can't wait to be down in that range! (Had to look up 11 stone though. LOL!) my stupid weight went up, a lot, overnight. No idea what I ate/did... Going to be extra careful today. Back to 202.6lbs. Ugh. Well, one day I'll break 200... And I might even throw a LCHF party to mark the momentous occasion. :p

Seriously.... That's a great idea. Break 200lbs, have an LCHF party, tell us and have a virtual one across this community...yeah!!

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Woo hoo! 11 stone 8 this morning :) My target is 11 stone so I'm well on the way

Reactions: 8 people

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woo hoo! 11 stone 8 this morning :) My target is 11 stone so I'm well on the way
Well done @Diamum5972 . You're not that far from goal. I felt stupidly pleased when I went down to 10 stone 12, something psychologically uplifting about numbers starting with 10! But I'm a bit stuck at 10 stone 11 at the moment. I really want to lose another half stone.

Reactions: 5 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Well done diamum5972:)

TooManyCrisps...keep going you're within touching distance.

Have you thought about introducing intermittent fasting?

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My BMI is now 24 and like you if like to get it to around 20-22.

With daily running and 3x week resistance training, I've never felt as fit and strong.

Keep goody goody, we can chivvy each other along:)

Well done on your BMI @kevnpotts. I hate running so am not going to start, but I do go to gym classes every evening and do a mixture of aerobics, weights, cardio etc. I have a very sedentary job though.
Happy to chivvy you on but I think I will need more chivying than you! My weight dropped quite quickly for the first 8 weeks of LCHF, but is now on a bit of a plateau....

Reactions: 2 people

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The plateau issue is interesting.

Mine dropped like a stone for 6 weeks, but now only 1lb a week if I'm very strict.

Maybe that's how it's meant to be.

I wonder if at this stage, I should eat a little less fat, but still not feel hungry until I reach the maintenance goal I've been set...any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 9 people

Russetfox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Fresh tomatoes :(
Small loss this week 0.25lb, but since I was away for 4 days at in-laws,I was expecting a gain, so very happy :)

Reactions: 7 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
10st 1lb today, up 3lbs from last Friday. I haven't been walking this week because of bad weather. It is supposed to get better from Sunday, so I'll have to get out next week.

TooManyCrisps

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No weight loss this week
On the positive side, no weight gain either. Plus I ordered a pair of size 12 trousers which arrived today, and they are too big. I suspect it's because they are "vanity sized" but hey, I'm not querying it

Reactions: 4 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Still no weight loss for me ... perhaps next week

1) Once a trainer has sorted out a fitness programme for me at the gym
2) When I see the doc next week (reduce Glic amd discuss thyroid issues)

Fingers crossed

Reactions: 8 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
No loss this week for me. Maybe last weeks 6lb loss was due to grief. No added weight thou. Phew!

ChrisSamsDad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
UKIP, royalty, football, gin, goat's cheese.
I seem to have hit a plateau with weight loss - I'm now down to a BMI of 25.2, at 96kg (211lbs, 15st 1lb) I have another 3.5kg or 8lb to go now, however, I have now gone down to a 32in waist and bought some new jeans because they fit. I've upped the exercise a bit and now try to do 500kcal at the gym, hoping that will help nudge it down.

However, I have seen some arguments that BMI isn't a brilliant measure and particularly for tall people and older people it doesn't hold water. It's a reasonable rule of thumb, but that's all. I've seen alternative calculations that put me smack bang in the middle of normal for my height (1.95m / 6ft 5in) and age (53yo). It all seems to be based on opinion, rather than hard evidence, so I'm not sure either way, but it does sound sensible that the one-size-fits-all approach isn't very accurate.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I seem to have hit a plateau with weight loss - I'm now down to a BMI of 25.2, at 96kg (211lbs, 15st 1lb) I have another 3.5kg or 8lb to go now, however, I have now gone down to a 32in waist and bought some new jeans because they fit. I've upped the exercise a bit and now try to do 500kcal at the gym, hoping that will help nudge it down.

However, I have seen some arguments that BMI isn't a brilliant measure and particularly for tall people and older people it doesn't hold water. It's a reasonable rule of thumb, but that's all. I've seen alternative calculations that put me smack bang in the middle of normal for my height (1.95m / 6ft 5in) and age (53yo). It all seems to be based on opinion, rather than hard evidence, so I'm not sure either way, but it does sound sensible that the one-size-fits-all approach isn't very accurate.
Yes @ChrisSamsDad muscle weighs more than water, or fat. Cardivascular exercise should fight the fat rather than muscle if it's over a long period of time. Short muscular use strengthens and makes muscle density shorter and thicker. (Weigh more)
I'm after lean muscle now as I am heavy set as well as overweight with fat.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
The plateau issue is interesting.

Mine dropped like a stone for 6 weeks, but now only 1lb a week if I'm very strict.

Maybe that's how it's meant to be.

I wonder if at this stage, I should eat a little less fat, but still not feel hungry until I reach the maintenance goal I've been set...any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using DCUK Forum mobile app
@KevinPotts if your body is in survival mode it will be keeping hold of your reserves.
It's important to fo gradual exercise so your body thinks its normal and not doing to be starved to death.
However, eventually the body cannot keeo hold of it's reserves forever. It slows your metabolism down so your reserves last longer.
The key is gradual increase in longer exercise time.
Myself I would have to be exercising 24hrs a day and more as my metabolism has slowed to a stop.
Well until I found my formula of what food and when and what exercise and when.
I need to be exercising 24hrs a day so it makes me despondant. I just haven't the time for so much exercise which I hate anyway. I hate being sweaty and struggling to breath. Not I idea of fun, these days.
I'm hoping my negative thoughts on exercise will change because I used to enjoy jogging around Greenwich park with my ex-footballer husband but my toddlers lack of turn off button makes the thoughts of exercising him more horrifies me. He wouldnt sleep at all then. Neither would I.

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Emm... It's perplexing. What I find personally interesting is that both my wife and I can see my shape changing, so I think there may be some trade off of fat for muscle...which is nice:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

5/6/16: Two BP readings now 112/64 & 112/66 :)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Emm... It's perplexing. What I find personally interesting is that both my wife and I can see my shape changing, so I think there may be some trade off of fat for muscle...which is nice:)

Diagnosed 13/4/16: T2, no meds, HbA1c 53, FBG 12.6, Trigs 3.6, HDL .75, LDL 4.0, BP 169/95, 13st 8lbs, waist 34" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

2/6/16: FBG AV 4.6, Trigs 1.5, HDL 2.0, LDL 3.0, BP 120/72, 11st 11lbs, waist 30" (2012 - 17st 7lbs, w 42").

Regime: 20g LCHF, run 1 mile daily, weekly fasting.

5/6/16: Two BP readings now 112/64 & 112/66 :)
I agree Kevin, I used to be a classic apple shape and bloated up very easily but since going on LCHF my torso is flat again. I finally have my curves back!

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
BMI is thought to be unhelpful as it doesn't take into account factors like height or muscle density, so most rugby players would be deemed overweight or obese, though they aren't carrying fat, and are fit.
Another way of calculating a healthy weight is that your waist measurement should be no more than half your height. So if your waist measurement is 32" it would be less than half your height of 38.5".
But you should bear in mind that trouser sizes are usually smaller ("vanity" sizing) than your actual waist measurement, which should be taken at the waist level of your navel.
I am size 30" (or less) in trouser sizes, but my waist measurement is actually 34", and my height is 5'7", so I need to reduce my actual waist measurement to 33.5" or less. Not too far off though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 people