Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

D

debrasue

12 last Fri. Not been told to test so won't know for another three months.
I wasn't told to test when I was diagnosed either, in fact, I wasn't told anything! Then I found this site, bought myself a meter and some strips and decided to educate myself rather than wait around to be told what to do. I wanted to see whether I could manage things myself with diet, so I declined the meds I was offered and got busy with LCHF.
And so far it's worked! With the help of low carb and the incredible support of the members on these forums, I've learned a phenomenal amount, and stunned my diabetic nurse at my first 3 months appointment with lower cholesterol and blood pressure, a 16lb weight loss and an HbA1c down from 63 to 42. And still no meds.
Testing has been key. Before meals, 2 hours after meals, before and after introducing new foods to see how my BGs react to them - all times of the day. It soon gave me a clear picture of what various foods did to my body and allowed me to take back control.
I can't recommend it highly enough if you want to do the same.
Good luck - and keep sharing!
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
6.2 this morning - Oddly just before bed last night, it was 4.7

Reactions: 20 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
Okay so why did I make that stupid comment about double figures yesterday ...

11.5 this morning - shock horror !

7.2 bedtime

I have no idea why apart from heat and feeling a bit under the weather, I have been really good foodwise - honest

Reactions: 15 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.5 this morning.

@ally1 that's brilliant this morning your fantastic if I could of clicked on winner two or three times I would have. :)

Reactions: 10 people

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Okay so why did I make that stupid comment about double figures yesterday ...

11.5 this morning - shock horror !

7.2 bedtime

I have no idea why apart from heat and feeling a bit under the weather, I have been really good foodwise - honest

Mr Liver left you a nice present this morning? I do the odd bedtime reading, sometimes they can be as low as 5.5 - then in the morning 8.5 - 9.0! v. frustrating.

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I have started keeping my meter on my bedside cabinet and testing when I wake, in case I feel like having a lie in (the joys of retirement!), as I get a higher reading then.
Today it was 6.3 at 0500, same as yesterday.

Reactions: 8 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Slightly elevated 6.0 for me today:eek:

Putting that down to taking a car in for its MOT.......

Reactions: 15 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, 6.9 today

Reactions: 17 people

Naomi425

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.1 : so that was my last day of indulgence after end of ND.

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum mobile app

Reactions: 18 people

plantagenet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't told to test when I was diagnosed either, in fact, I wasn't told anything! Then I found this site, bought myself a meter and some strips and decided to educate myself rather than wait around to be told what to do. I wanted to see whether I could manage things myself with diet, so I declined the meds I was offered and got busy with LCHF.
And so far it's worked! With the help of low carb and the incredible support of the members on these forums, I've learned a phenomenal amount, and stunned my diabetic nurse at my first 3 months appointment with lower cholesterol and blood pressure, a 16lb weight loss and an HbA1c down from 63 to 42. And still no meds.
Testing has been key. Before meals, 2 hours after meals, before and after introducing new foods to see how my BGs react to the - all times of the day. It soon gave me a clear picture of what various foods did to my body and allowed me to take back control.
I can't recommend it highly enough if you want to do the same.
Good luck - and keep sharing!
:)
I 100%agree, similar experience after diagnosis. I followed the Low carb program and got my head around low carbs, it's the best thing I have done. I find that planning meals ahead helps too.

Reactions: 9 people