Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Mine is 9.4 this morning, just before bed it was 6.9.
A bit fed up with it going up so much overnight! It seems I can only get a good morning reading if I go to bed 4 or below.
Hi @Concordjan . This sounds like typical liver dump.
Do you test before you get out of bed? Before the liver livens you up for the day.
A dump can occur at different times for everyone. Literature states at around 3am in our sleep. So I nibble on a very small lump of cheese or a few nuts before bed and it blocks my 3amish liver dump.
A lower fbg to start the day on.
Liver enzymes at good levels too. A low carb benefit.
I hope these tips help. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Concordjan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not very good on computers!
Thanks for the tips, I may try a little nibble of nuts or cheese just before bed. I'm sure it won't make things worse. I normally test after being up about 5 minutes.

Reactions: 6 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes

but it was 5.8 at bedtime so I'm hoping that I am now back on track

Reactions: 15 people

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
You are a winner!
Is your liver block working?
I've had to base all my meals on veg to get my fbg under 6mmol/l. I've filled myself with them so no room for naughties. I'm veggie queen right now. But definitely worth it. I was eating too much protein too. Veg is the key, for me. You?

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I was overdoing the protein - nibbling at the fridge all day. I now have lots of greens and salads and without any naughtiness re the carbs, it seems to be going in the right direction.

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good Morning! 6.8 at 0630 today.
Almost certainly due to DP, I tested 90 minutes later than usual. I only had one meal yesterday, an early supper with inlaws at local Indian restaurant at 4.30pm. I had a large mutton biriani, my favourite dish, but haven't had one for 12 months. I thought it would send my bgs high, but I tested at 6.30pm and it was only 5.4! I only had a bit of cheese, some pork scratchings and three glasses of Merlot after that, so reading this morning should not have been that high, but it's still under 7.

Reactions: 9 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
6.5 after a very restless night

Reactions: 14 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.0 for me today and its stopped raining :)

Reactions: 8 people

busydiabeticmum

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.1 this am!!! Think i have found what can lower my bgl! Asparagus. It has really helped, was really naughty last night, my son wouldnt eat his chocolate cake (shocking i know) sooo i just had to have it for him, was waiting for 8s but had 5.5... after chocolate cake! The only thing i can think of is i had asparagus for lunch. After lunch was at 4.8 which is phenominal as after natural yog for bf had a whopping 7.8. Will be eating aspargus everyday from now on. Hba1c on tuesday so really excited to see what that says!

Reactions: 14 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
28/8/16 - Afternoon.

6.2 - Had lay in this morning.

Reactions: 12 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I was overdoing the protein - nibbling at the fridge all day. I now have lots of greens and salads and without any naughtiness re the carbs, it seems to be going in the right direction.
Excellent! Well done. Even if you don't keep it up at least you now know the winning formula. Use it as knowledge to use as an advantage. If you can sustain it for life you are my gold medalist. ;)

Reactions: 4 people