Type 2 Life

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning. Dark here at 5.15am. Having breakfast and a cup of tea. FBG 6.2 mmol/l. My BGs are better now since being taken off Humulin M3 insulin and put on Humalog Mix 50. Have a fab day ! :)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Morning. Dark here at 5.15am. Having breakfast and a cup of tea. FBG 6.2 mmol/l. My BGs are better now since being taken off Humulin M3 insulin and put on Humalog Mix 50. Have a fab day ! :)

Hi eddie1968,have a good day hoping your new insulin works well for you,whatever your at.... Have a good day yourself

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
@nomoredonuts - Good to hear from You and Hope you are having a great time? We want to see Photo's of you wearing the Mankini!:)

In Lagos checking the right size..
27c8e1306d345060b087f726b874fb43.jpg

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Get well soon. Hun♡♥♡
Thanks Vicky, I'm feeling a bit better this morning - no sign of a headache yet and my nose isn't as drippy

Reactions: ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thanks Vicky, I'm feeling a bit better this morning - no sign of a headache yet and my nose isn't as drippy
No headache for me either only I've gone deaf in one ear. I'll put Olive oil in for a few days incase blocked by hard wax.
I have a smile painted on my face this morning so even my cold won't be making me miserable. 3yr old is in nursery and so far no phone call so all must be good. :) :) :)

Reactions: doolallylady

doolallylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hi everyone, hope it's a good day all round. Speedy recovery for those under the weather. Chilly(ish), cloudy and, at times, drizzly here. Karen xx

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Its been a while - glad to see forum has been sorted.

The good news is that I went for my test results today - 38% from 141% in less than 6 months! paaarrrtttayyyyy!

Metformin reduced by half (or less if my bloods stay good) and I will only take 20g of glic if I think I need it - Levothyroxine been upped to 100.

Downside is that the doc wants me to monitor blood pressure and mentioned statins .... to be reviewed in 3 months.

I am still in holiday mode though until I go back to work on Wednesday .....

tina_marie

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
patronising people an those who lie.
Here we go again. Poor Max was wondering what was happening.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Afternoon folks.... I feel the need for a confession time. As I am on Byetta I don't often check my bloods...but from now on I am going to do them regularly. My FBG on Sunday was 18.8:meh:. By after my midday meal they were 10.9. I have run out of testing strips and will have to wait 48hrs till I get them from Drs...so I wait...cant do anything about that:)

Went into the surgery today... I can not make an appointment with the Dr. I have to do it online...WHAT!!! I can not see the wisdom of this...what about Mrs Bloggs who is 87 and doesn't have a computer...how is she supposed to make an appointment! I only want to be signed off to do the LowCarb program, I have been eating lowcarb for the past 6 days now regardless of this need.

I have Psoratic Arthritis and was taking Methotrexate until I developed a cough and I have been taken off that! I wonder if that was contributing to my high BS as I sure haven't been eating anything I shouldn't. I even bought a lot of chocolate from Hotel Chocolat which is still in the bag! The idea was to have a small amount a day...haven't fancied it at all.

Hope you all have a good evening

Jaki

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hello @ellagy - Jaki. I too took Methotrexate for 18 months (some years ago) for Psoriasis and my blood sugars were raised also.
Have you ever thought about sharing that Chocolate? I love Chocolate! :D

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hello @ellagy - Jaki. I too took Methotrexate for 18 months (some years ago) for Psoriasis and my blood sugars were raised also.
Have you ever thought about sharing that Chocolate? I love Chocolate! :D

Naaah! It is MY chocolate...and it is staying mine! LOL. I would share it happily but I gave it to my wonderful Husband. If he agrees you can have some.;)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@ellagy - Good for you Jaki - enjoy it. At least I tried! :D Have a lovely evening I am off for my evening meal.:)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afternoon folks.... I feel the need for a confession time. As I am on Byetta I don't often check my bloods...but from now on I am going to do them regularly. My FBG on Sunday was 18.8:meh:. By after my midday meal they were 10.9. I have run out of testing strips and will have to wait 48hrs till I get them from Drs...so I wait...cant do anything about that:)

Went into the surgery today... I can not make an appointment with the Dr. I have to do it online...WHAT!!! I can not see the wisdom of this...what about Mrs Bloggs who is 87 and doesn't have a computer...how is she supposed to make an appointment! I only want to be signed off to do the LowCarb program, I have been eating lowcarb for the past 6 days now regardless of this need.

I have Psoratic Arthritis and was taking Methotrexate until I developed a cough and I have been taken off that! I wonder if that was contributing to my high BS as I sure haven't been eating anything I shouldn't. I even bought a lot of chocolate from Hotel Chocolat which is still in the bag! The idea was to have a small amount a day...haven't fancied it at all.

Hope you all have a good evening

Jaki

Ellagy - When I read you've been taking Methotrexate, it made me think of one of our members, @poshtotty who used to take it, and had the most fabulous outcomes from eating a low carb diet. She started a thread about it, here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/my-life-since-discovering-lchf.66929/ . It makes a great read, and hopefully could help you along.

(Hope you're well, Ms Posh.)

Reactions: Liam1955

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello @Freema - And how are you doing? Feel free to ask questions, don't be shy. We are all helpful, friendly and supportive to each other on this forum. :)

Reactions: Freema

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @Freema - And how are you doing? Feel free to ask questions, don't be shy. We are all helpful, friendly and supportive to each other on this forum. :)

thank you dear Liam... I am still new to all this , and there is so much to learn, my main speculations is about if high fat would be healthy in the long run..... this is a riddle I´d like so solve before i through myself into lchf-diet.

I do manage okay actually right now lost 3Stones and tomorrow going to get my first HbAc1 since I took control myself over my blood glucose... I am very optimistic as my blood glucose has only twice been over the 7mmol area and mostly 6 or below

I have started doing fitnees after I lost the first 12 kg , and doing fine there too... today burnt 904 calories ...so a bit proud of myself.... just sad I had to become diabetic before I took my Health seriously and forced myself to Loose weight...

I´ll return with some questions when something is to strange or troublesome...

also I am in a Lucky position that I do not Work and have plenty of time to do fitness and take long walks most everyday it is much harder for people with far too much Work and obligations

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello @Freema - Yes, it can be scary at first when diagnosed - but, it does get better - just take one day at a time and don't overload your brain with too much information at any one time. Anything you find of interest and/or important, write it down in a notebook. A lot of Forum Members follow LCHF Diet and they lose weight and lower their blood sugar numbers, it is very popular.
Well Done on your weight loss :). Diet and Exercise is good for controlling Diabetes. Hope you are pleasantly surprised at your HBA1C result tomorrow. But, please do let us know what is is? :)Liam.