Share Your Progress!

OMdev

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am following LCHF as advised by Dr Richard K Bernstein, Dr. Keith Runyan and Dr Troy Stapleton..

Results: (HBA1C)
Nov, 15 - 12.6%
May, 16 - 4.9%
Aug, 16 - 4.9%

:)

Reactions: 2 people

JaneKennedy

Hi I have posted previously... I'd like to share my success story . In Nov 2015 I was diagnosed with type 2 with an hba1c of 102. I was Immediately put on metformin and glycide. My cholesterol was 5.2 . By Feb 2016, I had reduced my weight by 3 stone, I originally weighed 13 stone 4, and my cholesterol to 3 ish. By April I had weaned myself off of all medication and my latest hba1c in September 2016 was 40. This I achieved by constant testing, following low carb and also the work of Antony William Medical Medium.In August 2016 I began taking Vit D as my levels were low ... Since doing this I feel amazing.
5a5f348a0734dc893bce0a862689c68a.jpg

I've attached a photograph showing how I looked in 2013 to how I look now. I also reached a Special Birthday this year... Today I am reflecting on how Everything in my life has changed and how great life feels.... in November with the fear and anxiety rocketing through every cell in my body to now... Quite Incredible. If you are in that place where I was please know that you can make so many changes and feel great, it takes time but honestly if my post inspires just one person Here well that would be excuse the pun "the icing on the cake"
Thank you so much for this forum....
Love and light

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hi I have posted previously... I'd like to share my success story . In Nov 2015 I was diagnosed with type 2 with an hba1c of 102. I was Immediately put on metformin and glycide. My cholesterol was 5.2 . By Feb 2016, I had reduced my weight by 3 stone, I originally weighed 13 stone 4, and my cholesterol to 3 ish. By April I had weaned myself off of all medication and my latest hba1c in September 2016 was 40. This I achieved by constant testing, following low carb and also the work of Antony William Medical Medium.In August 2016 I began taking Vit D as my levels were low ... Since doing this I feel amazing.
5a5f348a0734dc893bce0a862689c68a.jpg

I've attached a photograph showing how I looked in 2013 to how I look now. I also reached a Special Birthday this year... Today I am reflecting on how Everything in my life has changed and how great life feels.... in November with the fear and anxiety rocketing through every cell in my body to now... Quite Incredible. If you are in that place where I was please know that you can make so many changes and feel great, it takes time but honestly if my post inspires just one person Here well that would be excuse the pun "the icing on the cake"
Thank you so much for this forum....
Love and light

Congratulations this forum is a life saver, well done on your hard work and achievement

Hotpepper20000

Hello everyone, I posted this in the greetings section but Prem51 mentioned I should post here as well.
Just wanted to introduce myself.
I've been reading all the info here for the past 6 months and wanted to say thank you!!!!! It has saved my life.
I was officially diagnosed in Novemeber given gliclazide and Metformin. I had a 10.9 A1C but have been struggling with POCS and all the "joys" it comes with for over ten years.

I always had a pretty "good diet" with a lot of vegetables and whole grains. and but nothing was working. Not even a year of high intensity work outs. My weight increased to 280 lbs and I was seriously considering lap band surgery this January. I knew I was too young to feel this old. With my whole body aching and depression, something needed to change.
I stopped with the gliclazide, my doctor agreed to it for three months. I understood that with POCS, I was insulin resistant and that was not right for me.
So I went on a low carb higher fat way of living in March, having been encouraged by the suscess stories here. With my glucose meter in hand after every meal! I believe this was a key to my success.

Also since May I have started interment fasting three to four days a week. Eating supper then having my first meal at 1pm the next day.
As of this morning I have lost 45 lbs since March and have a A1C of 5.9!!!!!
I think that's 41.
My energy level is fantastic, my mood is high and am without being hungry.
Thank you all. I have found what works for me with your help.

Reactions: everway9 and Prem51

Hotpepper20000

Thank you
emoji173.png
emoji173.png
emoji173.png

I sincerely thank you all for the love, support,care and compassion shared in this forum. It is life changing
emoji173.png
So so so very happy for you ... congratulations and very well done Sistar
Thank you Jane. Looks like you have had great success as well.
Isn't great to be feeling well?
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: everway9 and Prem51

Hotpepper20000

Isn't it wonderful
emoji173.png
️Have a look at Anthony William Medical Medium also covers PCOS xxx Congratulations
emoji177.png
emoji171.png
emoji175.png
emoji137.png
emoji92.png
emoji92.png
emoji92.png
emoji92.png
emoji92.png
Isn't it wonderful ️Have a look at Anthony William Medical Medium also covers PCOS xxx Congratulations
I have found as long as I keep my BS under control and keep away from all grains the symptoms of POCS have been much better.
From everything I have read. That POCS is one of those conditions that more weight you lose the easier it becomes.
Let's hope that holds true for me. I'm not done yet. Still have another 55 pounds to go.

Reactions: Prem51 and everway9

Jean from Stoke on Trent

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey everyone!

We're really curious to know how everyone's gotten on this year. Have you managed to lower your HbA1c? Maybe you've shed a few pounds and are feeling proud of yourself! Whatever you've managed this year, we want to know about it!

I love this forum and the knowledge that has been shared has been fantastic for me. I have been following the low carb diet but I have no gall bladder so have to follow a low fat diet too, in a year I have reduced my HbA1c from 60 to 41 statins are 3.8 I no longer take gliclazide and Atorvastatin I have lost over 2 stone. My GP said I will never be able to give up metformin so I am due another HbA1c in November and if the results are similar I am asking to reduce from 2000mg to 1000mg per day also asking for another HbA1c in the new year. I cannot thank this forum enough I wish I had found it sooner.

OceansEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Soooo.... been a little bit since I last checked in.... latest 3 month check up and bloodwork....
Hb1ac 5.8 BGL 6.2 Weight 252.2
kidney function perfect, thyroid excellent, potassium, sodium, triglycerides, cholesterol, no retinal myopothy - all bonzer
my doctor was pleasantly shocked to say the least, you could have knocked her over with a feather.

less than 5 months since diagnosis, and we're going to reduce my medication (metformin) to 500mg per day
.. and I'm not doing the LCHF thing, just carb reduction and healthier food choices. I have found as my BGL came down and stabilized, my system has become a bit more tolerant of some carbs. (I had a MUFFIN... a *real* Muffin, and it didn't spike me *LOL*), I'm not hyper focusing on getting off the meds, I just want to keep my numbers healthy and live as close to normal as possible, if that requires the meds then so be it, but it would be an encouraging thing. Can say the same thing for the weight loss which was about 2lbs a week for a while and has now stabilized over the past 4 or 5 weeks, wasn't the goal - but it is a pleasing side effect.

Sooooo I'm a happy camper, we all are.

Last edited:

JaneKennedy

Congratulations ️There is no one size fits all approach is there? It's what we discover ourselves, about ourselves and what works for us as individuals. Well done

OceansEdge

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
thanks guys, I'd have been happy with anything sub 7.0 .... but that really chuffs me.
I just have to be careful I don't get cocky about it and start backsliding.... but careful self monitoring - especially with the reduced meds, should hopefully keep me honest :D

swarnag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I was diagnosed about 12 years back.D2. Gradually was put on metformin,glicazide, blood pressure tablets, atorvastatin and Victozia.Gradually numbers went up. My numbers went up slowly. It was my own negligence. I suffered some thing like a transient ischaemic attack in August last year. Doctors could not give a diagnosis at that time. Till this time I was not at all carefull about my food.

I started on LCHF way of eating from October last year with small periods of lapses. My HBA 1c was as follows.

August 2015, 77 mmoles/mol
d Nov 2015 51 mmoles/mol
April 2016 54 mmoles/mol
September 2016 48 mmoles/mol
Initially my weight came down from 82kg to 71.kg but now it has gone up again to 73.5 Kg. I am on the obese category.
But it is difficult shift the weight around the mid riff. Still I am about 14KG over weight. I don't eat that much but finds it very difficult to loose further weight. All the advice well come.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm underweight T2 and really stuggling with diet. I need to eat to gain weight but also to reduce my blood glucose. I have gained about half a stone since being diagnosed in December 2015 but am still just under 9 stone. At my last HbA1c test my levels since diagnosis had improved greatly partly due to the meds and partly I guess due to diet. I also need to reduce cholesterol a bit so saturated fats are out.
I've been monitoring my bg every couple of days or so and what I have noted is that my lunch time levels tend to be lower than breakfast or dinner. BUT - my rolling average has been creeping up over the past month or two.
Graph show my bg falling as meds and diet start to kick in. Straight line periods are holidays when I've not tested (didn't want to know!) and a rise recently.

BG%20levels_zpsinplaar4.jpg