What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
28/10 - Morning.

5.6 - :)

Reactions: SWUSA_

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Sorry I don't eat after 8 in the evening or sometimes the latest 9,Then I do my bloods next morning between 7and 8 and they are always around the 8.2 .They don't be to bad during the day as I'm very active ,sorry for the confusion
@Mart852 You might be getting liver dump or 'Dawn Phenomenon' where your liver dumps stored glucose into your blood stream as you wake to get you going for the day, or because it thinks you haven't got enough glucose in your blood. It is quite normal. Some on here find that a small protein snack like a few nuts or small piece of cheese before you go to bed helps to prevent it.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
5.1 mmol/l after a destructive evening on wine gums and licorice allsorts
I love black licorice! The Swedish (or is it Finnish) kind that is not very sweet. It is going on my list of treats to have when I get to target weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: debrasue and Freema

Paul3613

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT WHAT I WANT, Outdoor gardening, Bad weather, Floods, Bush fires, Below zero temperatures, Not being able to walk my dog (she is to old),
6.3 this am, so far going down to one tablet a day is having no effects on my sugars. Fingers crossed.:happy: